PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is excited today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm FAR too excited about what is a preseason game. I should get some sleep before it starts so I have a chance of following it until the early hours. I'm really curious about the starting DB quartet.

I like a good small-batch bourbon. Tops for me are EC18, Blanton's, Jack Single, Thedford, Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, Henry Weller, Woodford, Baker's and Basil Hayden. I don't drink a ton, but this week I'm been lucky enough to have some Blanton's (at Buckley's Steakhouse in Merrimack, NH) as well as the EC18 at home...

This is my first year drinking bourbon with a more than cavalier approach. The whole sniffing, tasting procedure to eek out the complexities is a real joy. Complex flavorful bourbons are my favorites while Maker's Mark, which doesn't seem to finish, was kind of boring. Of course all bourbons will taste better alongside a Pats victory!

This is my first year drinking bourbon with a more than cavalier approach. The whole sniffing, tasting procedure to eek out the complexities is a real joy. Complex flavorful bourbons are my favorites while Maker's Mark, which doesn't seem to finish, was kind of boring. Of course all bourbons will taste better alongside a Pats victory!

well stated!

since you are in NH--here is a nifty little resource:

http://www.nh.gov/liquor/index.shtml

the inventory is visible, by product, by location, and updated daily

(First Post)

Definitely excited, but don't really know what to be looking for. I'm intrigued to see how Mills might be used. The guy was pretty good last preseason, but it's hard to tell how he would be used against all first stringers. I'm most curious to see how well he blocks tonight.

I'm also interested to see two of the new guys because I don't really know their game - Stallworth and Morris. People call Stallworth a #1, but I never saw him that way. I want him to wow me with route running and YAC - not just speed.

I want to see if Morris can pound it. Heath Evans is big but doesn't seem to have the lateral movement and quicks to pound it through a little hole the way Dillon could do. I'm hoping Morris can.

Oh yeah, and Welker too. Is he Deion Branch II? Reports lead me to believe that he could be... It's a high bar in my mind, but if the guy continues his trajectory of improvement this year, it's a good goal.

I don't think that Welker is comparable to Branch. He's more comparable to Troy Brown. Branch had the "stretch the field" speed when he could get off a double team. Welker does not have the same speed and will play the slot.

Welcome to the board.

I am excited simply because I hope that talking about football will help this board be more civil toward each other.

Miguel

(tries to be mindful that Mike the Brit and countless/nameless others are here to learn)

Who isn't excited, that's the better question :)

so, is there anywhere online that will be providing video coverage of the game?? im not sure i'll be able to be at a tv, but will def have an internet connection....

I am excited simply because I hope that talking about football will help this board be more civil toward each other.

Miguel

(tries to be mindful that Mike the Brit and countless/nameless others are here to learn)

Civil? What the freak are you on about? Huh? Huh? :D

Actually, I agree. A bit of civility in posts would not go amiss.

Civil? What the freak are you on about? Huh? Huh? :D

Actually, I agree. A bit of civility in posts would not go amiss.

Thank you for the nice post, gomezcat.

But now I have to get my Big Vince jersey on and watch to pre-game.

Thank you for the nice post, gomezcat.

But now I have to get my Big Vince jersey on and watch to pre-game.

Yup, and I'm listening to some Slayer to get me in the mood (like I needed it!). :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case