PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you think will be the next QB for the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You described Nick Foles
However Media savy?
If that was a prerequisite to be on the team we would of never given BB the keys.
So I agree with everything except for that.
BB is very media savvy. He's like a cagy old bear, way too smart for the traps they lay in his path and not afraid to let them know about it.

My youngest son is 16 months old. Sounds like the timetable will work out when Brady finally steps away from the game.

Ideal situation is that the Pats are in a position to find a quality QB in the draft next year. Sits behind Brady for 2 years then is ready to take the reigns in 2022. If he has the some talent and takes to coaching we hopefully get lucky and he turns into a top 10 type QB.

We know that Tom will keep playing probably until he is 45, now the question is, who are we going to draft? JG is gone, now we need to start grooming the next QB and learn from the GOAT from the sidelines.

Coming out of college Luck was the best prized we in years, as of late none of the recent number one rounder qbs have impressed me.

Mahomes was pretty good this year, but teams will adjust to their offense and I highly doubt he will have another mvp worthy year next year.

I haven’t watched much of college football lately so I don’t know who will be coming out of college who might be worth a pick for the pats in the next 2 years in late 1st round early 2nd.

Maybe we can talk Garoppolo out of retirement by then.

You described Nick Foles
However Media savy?
If that was a prerequisite to be on the team we would of never given BB the keys.
So I agree with everything except for that.
I think that they aren't gonna put a 24 year old kid out there on Monday's on WEEI, plus the weekly press conferences and 5th Quarter with the expaections that he's gonna be the Next Big Thing AND expect him to perform at a high level on the field. I think they bring in a caretaker for the position... some 30 year old guy who can handle himself on the field and off. Ya, a guy like Nick Foles, not necessarily Nick Foles but a guy like that.

Section 102. How long have you been a season ticket holder? I have had them for 26 years. What a run for us. I would hate to think Brady’s replacement is going to be a QB with no NFL experience. The pressure of playing in the NFL and being Brady’s replacement will have unbelievable pressure to deal with. The blue chip rookie QB’s will be out of our reach with where we pick every year. Plus if a QB is a blue chip the team who has the pick is not going to trade it away. But we can only speculate. Maybe we strike gold again
experience

25 years this year.

Not only that, but it means BB is no longer the coach.
Not so sure. B.B. has had a couple 5-11 years before.

I don’t think he would intentionally struggle. However if Brady was done... and the team was severely struggling... and we were close to the bottom and there was a stud qb talent in that draft... just saying I wouldn’t put “tanking” in that scenario past Belichick.

Not so sure. B.B. has had a couple 5-11 years before.

I don’t think he would intentionally struggle. However if Brady was done... and the team was severely struggling... and we were close to the bottom and there was a stud qb talent in that draft... just saying I wouldn’t put “tanking” in that scenario past Belichick.

If the Pats ever successfully tank for a top draft pick I expect the NFL to do what they do best and that is respond to anything the Pats do.

Hi draft lottery!

25 years this year.
I am also 25 years this past year. Once the year is over I consider it another year because we will be getting our ST bill soon enough. It was nice that Kraft gave us a nice 25 year ball with our name on it this year.

I don’t know, but you can bet that Sam Darnold will be carrying a clipboard and a studying up on on the opposing QB. Brady will probably still be the QB but could be another all-time great via the draft.

Ok Im on record here Lock in the 1st have to trade up.
Or Thorson in the second or third.
Otherwise I don't think I want a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing