PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who’s got Mac’s back?

TomPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Do the Pats acquire another backup? Do they roll with Hoyer? Add Stidham later?

Bedard at BSJ wanted Minshew but that ship has sailed.

It will either be Hoyer (if they place Harry on IR) or Stidham. Either way, if Jones goes down, the season is effectively over anyway.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Pats sign Jake Fromm, former Georgia QB, plus spent a year with the Bills so at the very least BB can pick his brain for the Bills playbook. He has similar traits as Mac

It's gotta be Hoyer, makes too much sense. Is he vaccinated? I would think its Hoyer, then Stidham returns and after that maybe they cut Hoyer.

I think it's Hoyer at this stage. No one else is going to come in and be up to speed on the system and with the other players in the early going. I do think they'll bring someone else in, either on the 53 or PS for emergency reasons (with Covid and all), but I imagine if Stidham is expected to be healthy by mid season he'd replace whoever that is at some point. So I wouldn't expect the third guy in to be a big name.

Really? I mean sure, he's probably got the mental part of the game down, but I doubt his miracles would be allowed under league rules, and if you're worried about Mac's frame holding up for a year, watch out. Last time we saw JC he was willingly starving himself out in the desert.

My bad, didn't know that was a faux pas.... Apparently that's a bad word now? lol

I don't think we need to bring in someone from the outside. The system doesn't seem easy to learn, so if the Pats do bring in a new back up for Mac it needs to be someone who has been on the team before.

has the football used in practice been vaccinated

Apparently, every thread now has a clock on it...

5ljh86.gif

What's Shane Falco up to nowadays?

It will either be Hoyer (if they place Harry on IR) or Stidham. Either way, if Jones goes down, the season is effectively over anyway.
Yeah but what if Mac only misses a game? Outta sign Mullens or Foles (if he's cut).

Unfortunately thinking ill be disappointed, but its Anyone but hoyer for me. I saw enough of his ‘relief’ last year.

Really? I mean sure, he's probably got the mental part of the game down, but I doubt his miracles would be allowed under league rules, and if you're worried about Mac's frame holding up for a year, watch out. Last time we saw JC he was willingly starving himself out in the desert.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back