PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

• Total voters
RLKAG 4ever

Anything can happen, as evaluating heart and projecting improvement has been close to impossible over the years.

I guess I think the best shot as stardom lies in Maye & Daniels. I pray NE fetches the one that makes it.

First things first.
ray thank GIF

Second... I want them to take the best one. I really have no idea which one that's going to be. Further, if Bo Nix is 95% of Maye or Daniels, then that's the play, as it will allow them to trade back and get some other holes filled. I am not going to sit here and ***** that they traded back, missed out on Maye/Daniels, and took Nix at 11, and then took a top flight OT or WR later in R1, or vice versa.

The odds are that more than one of these guys, Williams/Maye/McCarthy/Daniels/Nix/Penix are going to be a bust, and the odds are against any of them becoming a HoF QB. Let's say 2 of them are good enough to be the QB for the next 10 years, then they gotta pick the right one, all while juggling the prospects of getting that guy later than #3 and then loading up picks for moving down. It'd be nice to go into the future and know that Nix is a border line all-pro guy that can be drafted in the 20's, and take Harrison at 3 and then move back up to get him. None of this is a slam dunk.

Screw it.

R1 WR Harrison
R2 OT Fautanu
R3 DL Sweat
R4 QB Joe Milton

That'll make heads explode.

I really wish it was easy. Unfortunately, know one knows for sure of Maye/Daniels is The Guy at 3 or not.
Ty Law is with us also. He knows..his quote" Jr.,” Law said. “Everybody says quarterback. I’m telling you, you might be able to go out there and find a Dak Prescott [who was a fourth-round pick]. I’m gonna leave Tom Brady off the table because that’s a unicorn, 199, but if you go out there and get a serviceable quarterback that won’t turn the ball over and you get Marvin Harrison Jr., he’s gonna help whatever quarterback you have. I promise you that. That’s one of those picks that would be hard to pass up.”

My two favorite QBs are Penix and Rattler. Both will be available if we trade out of 3. No LT, no X receiver.

Rattler is definitely climbing up teams’ boards. You’ve got pink lip Williams, chicken legs Daniels, fat frat boy Maye…and then this guy:

Mike Dussault nailed his mock draft

Deuce's Mock Draft 2.0: Pats Strike Twice in the First Round

Gotta take swings this year. We're talent poor, and you never make 'em if you don't take 'em.
Pick a QB, pick a OT, pick a WR (or 2), pick a TE.
I even love the idea of Edge/DT to keep depth growing there.
Probably a Safety as well.

Mike Dussault nailed his mock draft

Deuce's Mock Draft 2.0: Pats Strike Twice in the First Round

Gotta take swings this year. We're talent poor, and you never make 'em if you don't take 'em.
Pick a QB, pick a OT, pick a WR (or 2), pick a TE.
I even love the idea of Edge/DT to keep depth growing there.
Probably a Safety as well.
This a fine draft with our QB at 3 and trading into the first for our LT. We can them both for 5 years.

I like getting WR in 3rd and a TE in the 5th.

This a fine draft with our QB at 3 and trading into the first for our LT. We can them both for 5 years.

I like getting WR in 3rd and a TE in the 5th.

Agree completely. Love the first two picks. It’s always impossible to know how good the later picks are without seeing who else was available, but overall it’s the best mock I have seen yet for them:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back