Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The question all will be asking.

And asking...and asking...and asking. In thread after thread after thread after thread.

Dolphins lol

I don't buy into any of the alleged "behind the scenes drama" BS or Brady wanting infinite money for the first time in 20 years.

I think Brady leaves if he doesn't believe Belichick will give him weapons before he dies of old age, because he wants to actually enjoy playing quarterback before he really does look like 2015 Peyton Manning.

if the chargers fire lynn and hire mcdaniels then maybe chargers.

Patriots or nowhere.

Well I think it's fine, building jumbo planes
Or taking a ride on a cosmic train
Switch on summer from a slot machine
Yes, get what you want to if you want
Cause you can get anything

I know we've come a long way
We're changing day to day
But tell me, where will Tom Brady play?

Well you roll on roads over fresh green grass
For your lorry loads pumping petrol gas
And you make them long, and you make them tough
But they just go on and on, and it seems that you can't get off

Oh, I know we've come a long way

Well you've cracked the sky, scrapers fill the air
But will you keep on building higher
'Til there's no more room up there?
Will you make us laugh, will you make us cry?
Will you tell us when to live, will you tell us when to die?

I know we've come a long way

I don't buy into any of the alleged "behind the scenes drama" BS or Brady wanting infinite money for the first time in 20 years.

I think Brady leaves if he doesn't believe Belichick will give him weapons before he dies of old age, because he wants to actually enjoy playing quarterback before he really does look like 2015 Peyton Manning.
This. Other items that need to be considered are:

1. Does Belichick even want him back?

2. If the answer to #1 is no, and Kraft overrules him, will Belichick even be back?

3. If BB is back and wants Brady back (which I think will be the case... last night magnified what the real problems with this team were), why would Brady trust anyone else more than BB to get the skill positions right? What would be the determining factors in making that decision?

Brady stays a free agent until the pats figure out what they are doing at the other positions, especially WR, TE, and OL. If he's satisfied, he'll come back and play for NE

Hopefully with his kids. His time has come IMO.

Dolphins lol
Sadly, that could be a very realistic franchise. They have familiar faces, a boatload of picks, and $100M in cap space.

I think Tom's best options at the moment (subject to change during every unpredictable offseason):

New England
Cleveland (they would have to trade Mayfield and should)
Buffalo (they would have to show forms of intelligent thought and move on from Allen)
LA Chargers
Indianapolis (I don't think he would go there for obvious reasons but probably the best football fit)
Tampa Bay
Miami

???

He said point blank that he isn’t planning to retire. He was actually really blunt about that.
Yeah I don’t know why anybody is talking about retirement.

This. Other items that need to be considered are:

1. Does Belichick even want him back?

2. If the answer to #1 is no, and Kraft overrules him, will Belichick even be back?

3. If BB is back and wants Brady back (which I think will be the case... last night magnified what the real problems with this team were), why would Brady trust anyone else more than BB to get the skill positions right? What would be the determining factors in making that decision?
I've been telling everybody around here about scenario number one for a while now. In my opinion, Bill doesn't want him back

Back with Patriots. Do you really see them forfeiting 10+ mill to get rid of him?

No, it's much more likely he stays, some pricey guys on the defense are parted with like every season, and we try and add some pieces to the offense. Right now, the RB group stays, we get Develin and Andrews back, and Harry, Edelman, Sanu, Meyers will still be here next year. Getting one of the top TEs would open up the offense for everyone and make Brady happier. This year's 1st round is also stacked with good WRs (and who knows, we may finally be in a position to grab them).

Patriots 80%, but you have to include the Bears and the Bucs in the poll.

Much likelier than the other teams.

More likely than Chargers IMO.

Seems hard for me to believe he would go play for one his main rivals so that takes our Dolphins and Colts. Both those fan bases have hated him for years and I'm not sure how much they'd welcome a 43 year old rival. (I would have hated for the Pats to get Manning for a couple years)

Chargers makes some sense from his point of view but do the Chargers want to hitch their wagons to a 43 year old? Are they in win now mode and is he enough of an upgrade from Rivers at this point in his career? They would also need to start looking for their next QB even if they signed Brady. And for Brady, if the Chargers want him then they'd want him around to help "build the brand". Is he up for voluntary workouts again and all the glad handing of executives as they get ready to move into new stadium? Does he really want to spend all that extra time learning a new system and players vs being with his family? It just seems completely everything he has said and done the past few years. Maybe he truly is soured and wants a fresh start but it just seems unlikely he'd find that perfect contract and team to meet his previously stated expectations.

Tom Brady Odds: Which Team Will He Play for in 2020?

Bookmakers have him likely to return to the Patriots (-200, or about 67% chance.). No way he retires. If he goes somewhere else, total crapshoot...doesn’t seem like there are any handshakes going on with another team.

This suggests Brady may be posturing...wasn’t happy about contract negotiations and sure as hll wasn’t happy about the supporting cast on offense. He’s going to make the Patriots commit to him for at least two years and sign some higher end skill players. Keep in mind Edelman is probably done/soon done, too. The Pats have their work cut out for them if they want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down