PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When you got them down, you break their ****ing neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

bormio

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Everyone laughed (cringed?) when JE told this story on the bench to Mitchell during one of the playoff games. But that turned out to be exactly what the Falcons failed to do. When we made it 28-9 but failed on the onside kick, Atlanta was in business at our 41. 5 yards from a legit FG shot. But they went 3 and out and lost yards. They failed to break our ****ing neck.

True. Particularly when a great QB is on the other side you better keep it up. This came mean scoring or taking every oz of time possible off the clock. Depends on the situation. Atlanta did neither.

Everyone laughed (cringed?) when JE told this story on the bench to Mitchell during one of the playoff games. But that turned out to be exactly what the Falcons failed to do. When we made it 28-9 but failed on the onside kick, Atlanta was in business at our 41. 5 yards from a legit FG shot. But they went 3 and out and lost yards. They failed to break our ****ing neck.

That was a great conversation. Rookie Mitchell was looking askance like "Is this crazed squirrel gonna go All Hernandez on me?"
Anyone remember which game this was from so I can show the Sound FX to the grandkids?

People point to the strip sack and the sack by Flowers later and those were huge. But that series after the onside kick has been overlooked - after that the momentum had definitely swung and Atlanta never got it back. I think that was the moment when the Patriots really began to believe it could be done.

It's the dagger, it's not enough, to kill the Patriots you need Excalibur.

That was a great conversation. Rookie Mitchell was looking askance like "Is this crazed squirrel gonna go All Hernandez on me?"
Anyone remember which game this was from so I can show the Sound FX to the grandkids?
You mean that won't be the title of Mitchell's next children's book?
" Break their f$&@ing neck" by Malcolm Mitchell

Elderperson is a psycho. I knew it since the Bronco game in 2013. He unbroke our neck and broke Broncos'

I thought this was about Mike Vrabel!

It wasn't for lack of trying though. Atlanta was trying to completely humiliate the Pats. The showboating on the Freeman and Alford touchdowns. The shotgun passes late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They were trying to turn it into Seahawks-Broncos again. That makes the comeback even more impressive in my mind - the Pats saw that and said NOT THIS TEAM.

It wasn't for lack of trying though. Atlanta was trying to completely humiliate the Pats. The showboating on the Freeman and Alford touchdowns. The shotgun passes late in the 3rd and 4th quarters. They were trying to turn it into Seahawks-Broncos again. That makes the comeback even more impressive in my mind - the Pats saw that and said NOT THIS TEAM.

Bummer for them they weren't lucky enough to get Peyton in the SB.

My dad actually always had a similar saying; one that most likely wouldn't have made the cut on Sound FX. "You have 'em by the balls. All you have to do is squeeze."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes