PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When was Tom Brady's *overall* peak (mental + physical)?

Yep, seems like it never ends.

Ha his peak is age 44 by the looks of it

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnimtiredofhearingabtthisbullshit

I don’t think it’s crazy to say right now is his peak depending on how the rest of the season plays out.

Bill was either caught by surprise by Brady leaving or he thought he could replace him. Since the Pats needed to go out and get a stiff to replace Brady I'm thinking that Bill was caught with his pants down, but in a bad way, unlike his boss.

The only people not thrilled are Pats fans. Bucs fans are in Brady's 7th heaven.
Honestly I think the best explanation is BB thought that Pats, given their salary cap situation and questionable, weren't going to compete for a SB in 2020 even with Brady. Best case scenario was probably a repeat of 2019.

So given that he didn't want to commit big bucks to a 43 year old QB when the Pats might be 2-3 years from competing for SB.

Honestly I think the best explanation is BB thought that Pats, given their salary cap situation and questionable, weren't going to compete for a SB in 2020 even with Brady. Best case scenario was probably a repeat of 2019.

So given that he didn't want to commit big bucks to a 43 year old QB when the Pats might be 2-3 years from competing for SB.
That's a possibility for sure. Next time we talk to Bill we should ask him. :)

Brady has looked insanely good the last 2 games, never mind for his age.

If I was going to nitpick maybe I'd say his fastball was faster in 2014-15? But 9 touchdowns in 2 games is just crazy.

Brady has looked insanely good the last 2 games, never mind for his age.

If I was going to nitpick maybe I'd say his fastball was faster in 2014-15? But 9 touchdowns in 2 games is just crazy.
See I dont know, his passes look more crisp than I have seen them in a long time, his long ball is obviously the best its been. I saw balls fitted into places that most would not even throw. That sidearm bend throw he did to gronk last game was something that if Mahomes did it they would be talking about it for weeks.

See I dont know, his passes look more crisp than I have seen them in a long time, his long ball is obviously the best its been. I saw balls fitted into places that most would not even throw. That sidearm bend throw he did to gronk last game was something that if Mahomes did it they would be talking about it for weeks.
He missed some throws he usually makes. He said as much in the postgame

But 9 touchdowns in 2 games is just crazy.
Still not topping weeks 6 and 7 in 2007 when it was 11 TDs and 0 INTs in two games along with 742 yards and 73% completion.

He missed some throws he usually makes. He said as much in the postgame
All QB's miss some throws....every game, ever year, forever and ever. Brady will always say something is not good enough. You will never hear him say, wow I was amazing that game. He is always going to say he can do better. Unless he hits 100 percent of his throws for 50 yards a pop and has 10 td's in a game, he is going to say he missed some throws. Other QB's dont.

You will never hear anyone say, well yeah he had 5 td's zero ints in the game, but he missed some throws. But he will.

Still not topping weeks 6 and 7 in 2007 when it was 11 TDs and 0 INTs in two games along with 742 yards and 73% completion.
The first 10 games were insane. They were scoring a touchdown on over 50% of their drives.

134.0 Passer Rating
305.9 YPG
38 TD/4 INT
73.96%

The first 10 games were insane. They were scoring a touchdown on over 50% of their drives.

134.0 Passer Rating
305.9 YPG
38 TD/4 INT
73.96%
Yeah its kind of amazing what Brady looks like when he gets actual weapons around him. Can you imagine if he had Moss 10 years like other QB's? I remember for a time, it was like a different receiving corp almost every year.

134.0 Passer Rating
305.9 YPG
38 TD/4 INT
73.96%
There should be no doubt that the 2007 Patriots are the best offense of all time. The 2013 Broncos might have scored more points (and by that metric several people declare them the best offense of all time), but that was the product of them playing at a significantly higher pace. On a per drive basis it's no contest who was better.

All QB's miss some throws....every game, ever year, forever and ever. Brady will always say something is not good enough. You will never hear him say, wow I was amazing that game. He is always going to say he can do better. Unless he hits 100 percent of his throws for 50 yards a pop and has 10 td's in a game, he is going to say he missed some throws. Other QB's dont.

You will never hear anyone say, well yeah he had 5 td's zero ints in the game, but he missed some throws. But he will.
Of course that's true but it doesn't erace the uncharacteristic errant throws and missed reads in that game. There were a number of them. In balance it was still a great game for him.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back