PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Manning loses the SB, are the comparisons with TB over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
peyton will always be number one because peyton sells more non nfl merchandise.

OMAHAAAAAAAAAAA

The Broncos have a good amount of holes on both sides of the ball. I can't think of very many with the Seahawks. The Broncos success in the Super Bowl will depend on whether or not the lights there are too bright for Russell Wilson. If they're not, I have a very hard time seeing the Broncos winning this one.

That's it right there.

Wilson looked scared last week.

That's it right there.

At first, maybe. But I thought he settled in nicely around the second quarter.

He'll win, and if he does, he will be GOAT. Yes, better than Montana.

Who cares, no one will ever agree who is the GOAT on either side. They're both two of the greatest ever. Lets appreciate watching them play because before we know it they'll be talking about football on CBS

This debate is boring, it just leads to everyone arguing about something no one can prove.

At first, maybe. But I thought he settled in nicely around the second quarter.

Hey may have been a little rattled after fumbling on the very first play of the game.

Put 2 beautiful paintings up against one another and there will never be a n overwhelming consensus on which is better. It just comes down to which one draws you in.

If one has a naked lady in it, it gets my vote! :rocker:

Whether or not Peyton gets the job done in New York, the comparisons are never going to end, as the sports media realizes how heated the debate is, and how many people are invested in it.

That's pretty much my sentiment. In truth, it's all about the clicks.

That's it right there.

he didnt look too scared on 4th and 7 when he tossed that game winning td pass.

At this point I don't even care about this debate anymore. I just want another SB for the team, regardless of what Peyton does this year.

My opinion : Peyton will always be debated as the greatest of all time where as brady will always be called ONE of the greatest. Thats how the media perception is . They cant wait to crown manning like lebron. Emergence of brady a 6th round pick is just an unexpected development for the media. Think about this- If manning was 10 and 5 vs brady and won 3 sbs and brady ahd the stats would they still consider brady the greatest of all time ? No. This is the media savviness of the mannings - that entire family how it is perceived.
The only reason people call brady/manning a rivalry is because manning hasnt won as much yet as brady.

He'll win, and if he does, he will be GOAT. Yes, better than Montana.

1257124641_peyton.jpg

If the Broncos lose, I think it will just be further evidence that a historically good offense doesn't guarantee you a SB win. I don't think a loss would end the Manning/Brady debate, by any stretch. In fact, on a national level, I think the only way that the debate ends is if the Broncos win, at which point Manning will be pretty universally regarded outside of New England as the superior QB.

At this point, I don't even have a problem with the idea of Manning winning another. I like the guy and I feel lucky to have been able to watch his entire career. I just really hate that one of Welker/Sherman will have a ring after this is all said and done, because I can't ******* stand either one of them.

SF had a better shot at beating the broncos. Seattle ,Iam not so sure. Their offense isnt very good.

SF had a better shot at beating the broncos. Seattle ,Iam not so sure. Their offense isnt very good.

It depends an awful lot on if Harvin plays. I think that Seattle is a better matchup, since if anyone can neutralize Denver's offense, it's them. San Francisco (pre-Bowman injury) matched up better against us, but Seattle matches up better against Denver.

If Manning wins the SB, I wouldn't bet the house that he will be playing football next year. Just a hunch.

If Den wins it's hard to make a case against manning. Yes he'll have one less ring, but he has much better numbers. The problem is the media never wants to display the fact that we all see. TB has had one weapons at WR in his career that could start on this team, Moss. Manning has had great weapons his whole career, TB throws to 5'10 4.5,6 no vertical WR. He has no margin for error in his throws. In my opinion Brady routinely has done a lot more with A LOT less

I don't care if manning wins 3 more SB's or Brady wins 2 more ther will always be comparisons between them as the two best of all time

There will be no convincing any non-Patriot fan, but the numbers argument is BS. Manning's career qbr is a whopping 1.5 points higher, despite:

-All pro weapons every single year of his career
-Played in a dome

Peyton has a better comp. % and ypa, Brady has a better TD-INT ratio.

It sucks, because if Peyton wins Sunday, Brady will still be superior, but there will be no convincing anyone. The numbers will be close to equal, Brady will have more rings, the highest win pct % in NFL history, and the most wins in postseason history.

Go Hawks

There will be no convincing any non-Patriot fan, but the numbers argument is BS. Manning's career qbr is a whopping 1.5 points higher, despite:

-All pro weapons every single year of his career
-Played in a dome

Peyton has a better comp. % and ypa, Brady has a better TD-INT ratio.

It sucks, because if Peyton wins Sunday, Brady will still be superior, but there will be no convincing anyone. The numbers will be close to equal, Brady will have more rings, the highest win pct % in NFL history, and the most wins in postseason history.

Go Hawks

The other number that will be used against Brady is the MVP number. First they give P6 the MVPs (based on the numbers already being used to prop him up in the first place) and then they use those again to stack up against Brady. It's like P6 is getting double stamps on anything he does.

It's kind of funny how Brady and Belichick have been the fly in the ointment for the Manning propaganda machine. Once they put him in the all-expansion division there wasn't supposed to be an obstacle in his way to anointment day. The triple B's have rained on their parade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents