PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wheatley to IR; DeVree promoted; OLB Darrell Robertson signed to PS [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already give the Pats 2010 draft an A. They'll draft a bunch of players, and then we can add IR players like Wheatley, Ruud, and Crable, and be pumped about the influx of young talent next year. :)

I'm doing my best to glass half full this rash of injuries.

I already give the Pats 2010 draft an A. They'll draft a bunch of players, and then we can add IR players like Wheatley, Ruud, and Crable, and be pumped about the influx of young talent next year. :)

I'm doing my best to glass half full this rash of injuries.

If they come out of next year's draft with one DB, one OL and one run-blocking TE, I'll be happy.

but that's a thread for the off-season. On to Tampa! :woohoo:

Re: Wheatley placed on IR

One of Wheatley's concerns coming into the draft was being injury prone.

Am I the only one who see's "David Tyree" everytime I read "Tyson DeVree"? :eek:

Yes, he was injury prone because he had ONE injury to his right wrist that required him to missed more than a season because of how catastophic the injury was and then, he snapped the plate they put in and had to have removed and replaced with rods.

The newest injury is to his left wrist because he came down awkwardly and all his body weight was on it. Like others, I thought he'd have been IRed right after that.. He wasn't.

Re: Wheatley to IR, Devree added to Roster, LB Darrell Robertson signed to PS.

Is Wheatley going to have a chronic problem with that wrist? I understand he has a rod in there and it broke during a college game. I saw his hand dangling and just wondered, will that thing ever be right?

It was a plate that was put in that was broken, not a rod. Also, the injury in college was to his RIGHT wrist. The recent injury was to his LEFT.

Re: Wheatley to IR, Devree added to Roster, LB Darrell Robertson signed to PS.

It was a plate that was put in that was broken, not a rod. Also, the injury in college was to his RIGHT wrist. The recent injury was to his LEFT.

I think also, that he kept playing until season's end when the plate broke. He ahd it surgically repaired after the season ended.

Darrell Robertson was one of the players I looked at, hoping the Pats would take in later rounds.

He is a good 3-4 OLB project. He tore his pectoral, and was injured coming out. Could not work out at the combine or campus (he might have torn the pectoral at the combine, can't remember.)

He's 6-4, 247, decent size for an OLB project for the Pats. The scouts said he was noted for having a quick burst, agile. And, in the leaked Wonderlic scores, he was reported to have a 30, very high compared to the draft norm, and a minor indicator that he could thrive in a complex defense.

His failure to excel in the Canadian system is a concern, but there are signs that he could grow into another Pierre Woods or Tully Banta-Cain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back