PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's your Sox playoff rotation?

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Looks lilke the Sox will open against the Angels, or if they win the dvision, the White Sox.

I would start Beckett in the opener, followed by Lester, Daisuke and Byrd. Long innings, if needed, from Wake and Colon. Set-ups by Lopez, Okijima and Masterson, with Pap closing. I would use Decarmen and Timlin sparingly and stituationally. All lin all, great depth, maybe as much as the Sox have ever had, now that Josh and Bartolo are healthy. I wouldn't trade them as a group.

Whaddayathink?

looks good to me. swap in wake for byrd depending on opposition possibly, i would also use delcarmen more than u suggest hes a horse and can handle long outings as well

Timlin, thanks for the memories. Don't care what anyone says, he needs to stay away from the mound. Ditto on Delcarmen (in that he needs to pitch more). Get Wake in there occasionally to really f'ck their timing.

I agree except that Wake should not pitch in close games (if coming in from pen) or in close series, just because that knuckleball won't be good sometimes. I might also swap Lester and Dice-K, but it really doesn't matter that much.

I'd go with Wake over Byrd personally, but the top 3 are as they should be.

You can't go with Wake in a playoff game. The possibilty that he could blow up in the second inning and kill your bullpen for the whole series is just too much.

Beckett, Lester, and Dice K are the obvious locks. Byrd and Wake are probly goin to be decided on in the last minute.

If all goes well, they won't even need a 4th starter until the ALCS.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back