PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What your first NFL Thanksgiving memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
This will show how old we all are. Mine was 1970. Detroit fell behind Oakland 14-0 before rallying to win 28-14 behind Greg Landry.
Dallas beat Green Bay in other game.
the following year was disatrous as the picture went out on our Motorola Color TV and we had to watch the rest of the season in black and white.

First Patriot thanksgiving memory was in 1984 when the Eason's comeback fell just short at Dallas.

I remember seeing a bunch of Cowboys, Aikman and some others still in uniform chowin down on turkey awarded to them by Madden.

Other than that, just watching Barry Sanders.

My most memorable was the Steelers getting screwed on the OT coin toss, by far.

Mine was, I think, the last time the Pats played on Thanksgiving. As I recall they were in Detroit and beat the Lions and were wearing throwback unis.

can't recall the first, but I vividly remember Leon Lett.

I was living in downtown Dallas at the time, so I remember that game vividly. I had no love for Shula, Marino & the doofins, but damn that was a great ending. I also remember driving to work in Irving the following morning and watching several cars skid off the road due to the icy conditions. Fortunately there wasn't much traffic the day after Thanksgiving anyway.

As for my first NFL T-Day memories, I only recall watching the Lions play at Tiger Stadium. Jack Whittaker and/or Lindsay Nelson might've been part of the broadcast crew. Years later, I watched as Clint Longley led the Cowturds past the Skins on a last-second TD pass. Man was I pissed.

1985 the Cowboys beating the Cards-it was my first year becoming a sports fan.

It was also the same year the NFCE had a 3-way tie of Dallas/Giants/Skins at 10-6...my team won out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back