Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

would you trade #14 for Hopkins and pick 34

• Total voters
No because I don't want to hear "at 14 we could have had" for the next 20 years.

Even if they draft a HoF'er at 14 we will still be hearing about someone else they should have taken instead from a certain segment of the self styled 'cognoscenti' here at Pats Fans. It is as inevitable as the tides.

No more than a 3rd, maybe a conditional second with playing time / performance qualifiers?

After what Cooks just got in trade compensation. 5th and a 6th
Both will make around 19 million. Both are around 30 years old.
I believe DHop is a better player but last few years has been injured
Sorry market was set. No more than a late 3rd or 4th.

Im Not No Way GIF

Based on what the mock drafts are ( I know, what the hell do they know ), you are almost assured of getting a day 1 starter at 14. Even if Joey Porter, Skoronski, Jones, QJ, JSN, Wright or Johnson all get picked, dropping back from 14 could still net you Brian Branch or one of the stud TEs. I'd hold until draft night and see how it plays out before giving up 14 for any of the WRs they have been linked to in the press. Now if someone said Cee Dee Lamb, Ja'marr Chase or some other shocking development fell into their lap, sure. It'd have to be a ... wait for it ... good value.

Last edited:
Trade down.

Ive noticed all good WRs are typically gone by 14. You can get a Kooper Kupp or a Tyreek Hill late in the draft, but you have to extremely lucky.
Agree, either all the other teams with alphas at WR have been extremely lucky and we have been extremely unlucky.. or Someone had bee ignoring draft scout?...

send a two an 4 call it a day u will have judy for two years

people are mental with this Hopkins stuff and way overrating his value. He's worth a mid round pick at best and Arizona would still need to eat some of the contract.

We'd be setting our team back yet again by trading a top pick for a short term option.

Maybe…if the Cardinals would agree to pick up 3/4 of Hopkins’ salary AND Hopkins would agree to a reasonable 3 year extension through 2027 (his age 35 season) for 33M….that including 25M in 2024 and 8M in 2023 = 66M over 5 seasons or an AAV of 13.2M/year with us able to cut ties after 2025.

people are mental with this Hopkins stuff and way overrating his value. He's worth a mid round pick at best and Arizona would still need to eat some of the contract.

We'd be setting our team back yet again by trading a top pick for a short term option.
I feel that's what the dismay is... we don't want to assume his.. contract what is it 19/Mill or some like that for 2023? I'm sure he can be had for a 3rd at least.. But I believe hops salary is the issue...

SMH. A thread is titled "What would you do?" and nobody said

81c074c94165bdaf19ef8a65227f3f1677289e32.gifv

Would you trade #14 for Hopkins and #34?
None of the Patriots' Super Bowl wins included a WR (at least WR1-WR4 afaik) that they had traded for. Having trouble getting past that. Forget the whole Hopkins' taking PEDs to (assume) help with recovery of that increasingly broken body. Edelman basically had 2 years post PED suspension until the wheels fell totally apart.

MLombardi very recently: "He’s a good player, he’s always covered, but he always comes up with the football."

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back