PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What they are saying in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird stuff happens in Buffalo....balls getting tipped by 2 receivers and 2 defenders for a pick six, etc.

My two favorites are the 2001 game, one of the hardest hitting games I can remember. The Pats hit two fields to go up 6-0, the Bills hit three to lead 9-6 and the Pats hit two to win 12-9. When I looked the game up I noticed that each of AV's kicks got closer, 40-32-25-23.

That was the game where David Patten caught a pass along the sideline late in the game with the Pats trailing and, for some strange reason, decided to take on a hit from the LB. Patten was knocked unconscious, dropped the ball and it was recovered by Buffalo and run back for about 20 yards for an apparent win.

But because the ball glanced off of Patten's leg and he was out cold with part of his body out of bounds, the ball was dead and the Pats kept the ball. They tied it moments later and won it in OT.

The other weird game was the one in 2008. The wind had to be blowing a steady 60 MPH dead sideways. Every pass was difficult and kicking was impossible. FG attempts were a joke. Somehow Cassell managed to put up 13 points and they won on a shutout.

My two favorites are the 2001 game, one of the hardest hitting games I can remember. The Pats hit two fields to go up 6-0, the Bills hit three to lead 9-6 and the Pats hit two to win 12-9. When I looked the game up I noticed that each of AV's kicks got closer, 40-32-25-23.

That was the game where David Patten caught a pass along the sideline late in the game with the Pats trailing and, for some strange reason, decided to take on a hit from the LB. Patten was knocked unconscious, dropped the ball and it was recovered by Buffalo and run back for about 20 yards for an apparent win.

But because the ball glanced off of Patten's leg and he was out cold with part of his body out of bounds, the ball was dead and the Pats kept the ball. They tied it moments later and won it in OT.

The other weird game was the one in 2008. The wind had to be blowing a steady 60 MPH dead sideways. Every pass was difficult and kicking was impossible. FG attempts were a joke. Somehow Cassell managed to put up 13 points and they won on a shutout.
That 2008 game was so fun to watch

Yep. I remember laughing at the kicks.

So do I and the Goalpost twisting to 180 degrees too. Ghost hit the ultimate curveball starting out toward the sideline marker and curving through the twisted uprights for 3...

Seeing as how they shut us out at home, they have bragging rights for now. This will not be an easy game...their defense will be very tough. Luckily our defense will be very tough too.

I have to disagree with this. You get no bragging rights for managing to beat a third-string QB who was so badly injured that, as soon as there was a single additional QB on the roster, was put on IR for his existing injuries. You get even fewer when you only manage to put up sixteen points against a team with no semblance of a functioning offense.

I'll never forget that game. The Cassel Punt With the Wind game lol

Harbaugh has since petitioned to change the rule, that the Pats took advantage of a rule. The unconscious player must be declared prior to the play and if a player is knocked unconscious, and the bulk of his body was inbounds at the time of the hit, the ball will remain in play unless the player declares he is going out of bounds prior to being knocked unconscious.

Harbaugh has since petitioned to change the rule, that the Pats took advantage of a rule. The unconscious player must be declared prior to the play and if a player is knocked unconscious, and the bulk of his body was inbounds at the time of the hit, the ball will remain in play unless the player declares he is going out of bounds prior to being knocked unconscious.

Harbawl will probably get whatever he wants. In the case of the Ratbirds and their dealings with the NYFL, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I believe Harbaugh petitioned that the player must declare he's going out of bounds after he's knocked unconscious.

That 2008 game was so fun to watch

I was there. I remember Belichick quick puntinon 3rd down and watching the ball roll 40 yards after a 20 yard kick.

Before the game, Gostwas trying to kick 15 yard field goals and couldn't do it. You had to aim for the corner for it to go in the middle.

By the way, it was 55-60 degrees out that day.

Found this on the web.
The Bills have the longest active playoff drought in any major professional sport: they have not qualified to play in the NFL playoffs since 1999 and are the only team that has not appeared in the playoffs so far in the 21st century.
Not sure if the any sport thing is true. But, I'll just go with it for now :).

They do have a point though. I mean, it's all about Brady in the Pats 6-5 record the last 11 'Brady' games, right? Forget he only played a half of 'don't get injured' football the last game in Miami, coached a wtf game there and with PHI, and didn't have his OL prepared for Den. That's all on him, you know, cause he's our coach, not BB. But Brady's play has been just terrible his last 11. 98.4 QB Rating, 22-5 TD-InT. Terrible.

This isn't like Pittsburgh without Roethlisberger. Landry Jones is a quality backup who could probably start for several teams in the league. Brisket is a 3rd string rookie who was playing with a broken right thumb (as in, his throwing hand). And they had no backup QB.

Night and day.

Still, Buffalo only scored 16 points against the Pats that day. I think they'll need a lot more than that on Sunday if they hope to win.

Basically we played that game with no QB. Not this time. TB is going to carve them up.

I have to disagree with this. You get no bragging rights for managing to beat a third-string QB who was so badly injured that, as soon as there was a single additional QB on the roster, was put on IR for his existing injuries. You get even fewer when you only manage to put up sixteen points against a team with no semblance of a functioning offense.

I totally get what you're saying here, but they shut us out, so they get to talk smack until the next game. That's just the rule. :) [Barring extenuating circumstances between meetings like a SB victory by one of the teams, or some other significant event(s)]

Obviously, they would be wise to remember that they didn't exactly put up a lot of points, and that our offense was pretty much limping on 1 cylinder. But ultimately that doesn't matter: they shut us out for the first time at home in a VERY long time, and earned the right to talk some smack.

I expect us to win tomorrow, a tough fight against a very good, if inconsistent,defense. They somehow manage to always play tough against us. Ultimately their offense will not be able to match our offensive output. It won't be like last time...Our defense, despite the hand-wringing here, is actually playing really well right now.

Last edited:
Let's talk about how "great" the Patriots are

So basically we are the same..we are screwed guys

The teams the Pats have played have a lower winning percentage because they had to play the Pats. If the Pats sucked badly enough to **** the bed against the Dolphins like the Bills did, it would be a different story and apparently that would be evidence that the Pats were better.

Not surprising that dumb fans are too dumb to account for that.

Most of what I've seen from Bill's fans has been crap like, "I'm not watching". Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case