PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the Rams Fans are saying......

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 2001 game was under the radar. Nobody expected us to be much.

Just don’t want to be torched by Jared goff

HERE is what Rams fans are saying about the game:

"I hope it doesn't go into overtime, we have a spa treatment scheduled."

"I hope there's lots of scoring, I don't want to be bored."

"Hey, let's go to the beach! We can program the DVR and watch it later."

They couldn’t fathom how a team of no name players could work harder and out execute them so they went with the most convenient excuse instead of just admitting that they crap the bed that day. The 2007, 2011 and 2017 patriots never made any excuses.
And wouldn't you know it one faded into Oblivion and just resurfaced while the other is still going strong.

I was nervous last year and I'm starting feel a little less nervous. Something seems different.

I think the Rams, not unlike the 07 Pats, didn't help themselves. They continued to try and throw the ball when it was obvious that it wasn't working. They didn't use Faulk like they should've. But the game was different back then too. Patriots would've gotten at least ten penalties on defense if that game were played in 2018. They were taking it to the receivers. Not to say the Pats didn't deserve to win of course.
Another backhanded compliment, jesus. You can't make rule comparisons almost 2 decades apart. Horse collars and clothesline tackles were once legal. If if if. Hogan's catch was no good using last year's rule. The rules change and teams play according to them.....and they usually change after the Patriots benefit from them, lol. You're uncle Peyton saw to that.

These are the closest comments I've found to any kind of break down or examination of the game.

"For the Pats game plan, look no further than SB 36 and this year’s AFC Championship game. Pats will mug and hold until it gets called...or not. Ditto playing through the whistle."

"Our D Line needs to beat their O line. If we do that - and protect the ball ourselves, we are going to roll these chumps."

Other then that it was just general outlines of "get it Brady's face and press the WRs".

There was no talk of exact match ups. There was no talk of X's and O's. Why are so many fan forums so disappointing?

they're already admitting defeat.........in LA, it's like they have to punch themselves in the face in order to give a crap about football

only 2 questions remain:
where will the chargers move next?
where will the rams move next?

Lol at all the rams fans still in STL. At least our team didn’t abandon us.

I think the Rams, not unlike the 07 Pats, didn't help themselves. They continued to try and throw the ball when it was obvious that it wasn't working. They didn't use Faulk like they should've. But the game was different back then too. Patriots would've gotten at least ten penalties on defense if that game were played in 2018. They were taking it to the receivers. Not to say the Pats didn't deserve to win of course.

completely pointless to place a game in 2001 into the context of 2018

The rams are dead already. Som how, brady is angered. You have several super Bowl vets who feel dissed. We shall see but my prediction is a dominant pats game
How many dominant Pats Super Bowls have been predicted? How many have materialized? It is our lot to enjoy some amazing SB wins - if we don’t die first.

I would like the Pats fans at the SB to all wear white just to get a sense of how much the outnumber the opposition.
Well the LA fans won't wear any because they stop doing that after Labor Day so you'll know all the white will belong to Pats fans

Just thinking about that game still gives me chills.
Mostly, Madden saying the Patriots needed to sit on the ball and play for overtime...little did they suspect the player Tom Brady would become (and for the most part, already was).

I've never like the Rams, either in LA or Anaheim (its not the same place) or St. Louis. If I were old enough maybe I would have liked them in Cleveland, and possibly when they had Crazylegs Hirsch because I don't know if there has ever been a better nickname than Crazylegs and he was a WWII veteran. Maybe my favorite non-Patriot player of all time was Deacon Jones and he was a Ram but I still couldn't stand them because they were LA and since I loved the Celtics back then I just disliked all LA teams. I liked Jack Youngblood and Merlin Olsen too (there's a pattern here I guess). I always laughed at them in the '70's when they would get thisclose to the Super Bowl only to have the Vikings or Cowboys humiliate them, leaving them with more time for guest appearances on Gilligans Island or The Dating Game or some such.

I'll allow that there are probably quite a few Rams fans left in St. Louis who have been fed the NYJFL's anti-Patriots Kool Aid for the past 15 years and are convinced that walk throughs were taped in spite of the best evidence being that the only taping of walk-throughs in the Super Bowl XXXVI period was by their franchise. For Rams fans in LA, the agitation about Patriots "cheating" is as fake as your average blonde out there. Thirteen seconds after Super Bowl LIII or whatever it is this year ends, the LA frauds will be pulling out their LeBron pom poms and wondering why the Dodgers aren't playing this weekend.

Mostly, Madden saying the Patriots needed to sit on the ball and play for overtime...little did they suspect the player Tom Brady would become (and for the most part, already was).
I’ve watched that last drive so many times and it still gives me chills. He’s still got it too.

One of my favorite games of all time was the Pats beating the Rams in LA in 1986 on a last second Hail Mary. Tony Eason, what a stud haha.

I would not mind if someone finds and posts a link to that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back