PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the hell happened to this community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Nova, there are people of all ages and levels of knowledge who post here. Some are overly optimistic; others are overly cautious. Can the Pats go 15-1? It's certainly a team that's capable of miracles; it's certainly a team that is able to play to its potential; we do have the best QB and coach;our schedule isn't particularly terrifying; so we have a shot at it. Sure it's unlikely, but if reality is around 11-5, then 15-1 is not so unreasonable especially if you factor in blind faith, loyalty, and enthusiasm.

Last edited by a moderator:
NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
I swear to God, if I traveled back in time to pre 2001 and showed each and showed most of you what you're posting now about us going 15-1 and having a really good shot of winning the Super Bowl given all thats happened to this team the last 2 years without mentioning who I was quoting or what team they were referring to you'd all laugh and go "man what a bunch of homers"

What the Hell happened to this place? Did the success go to our heads? We don't have a kicker for Christs sake! and you're talkin like we'll go 15-1 and win the Superbowl without breaking a sweat. What the Hell is the matter with you guys? Did you all get together and decide to pull a fast one on old Nova?

"Hey I got a good one, lets make Nova think we're a bunch of coltpoweresque homers!"

Confidence is one thing, but this is sheer lunacy. 15-1 are you high? When people used to bad mouth Pats fans I never got what they meant, I'm like "yeah some of them are morons (Co-Red Sox fans) but not these guys here." now I find myself agreeing with them. Seriously I wish you guys could see yourselves the way I do. You're acting like spoiled Colts/Steelers fans.

Do I think we can't possibly win the Superbowl? Of course not, we have a chance, I think we're in a good position to win our divison, but 15-1? a bye? Pass me that peace pipe!

Anyway, this is my swan song, hopefully I can find another place to go and meet some realistic Pats fans, but if not oh well. If we do go 15-1, or win the Superbowl I'll be back here to eat my crow. Hell I'll even kill an actual crow, video tape myself eating it and upload it to youtube so you guys can watch it.

Peace,
NSPF.

Great post, while I think it's the Pats division to lose, I certainly don't think the Pats are anywhere's close to 15-1. Pat fans want to think there team never (last 5 years) takes a step backwards and their division rivals never improve. I think the Pats have had a great run and their fans should be thankful not arrogant because you've had more then you're fair share of luck. If history proves anything it's that the winning won't last forever, and all the trash talkin will eventually come back bite you in the backside.

Since when did anyoen say the Pats would be 15-1? I'm rather sick of all the people complaining and whining and moaning about the Patriots and the FO and the offseason. Its as if some people want the Patriots to surrender and give their crown to the Dolphins are something. Get a grip of yourselves. The season hasnt even started yet.

Nova, it seems to me that you're making a straw man argument here -- just as you made a fake "poll" with those two ridiculously extreme positions. Of course there's always a silly fringe that will run around shouting "undefeated, baby!!" but no way does that represent the board as a whole.

Let's take a look at your poll options:

1. Yes, Of Course we WILL win the SB, no doubt about it!
2. Are you crazy? Of course we won't win the SB!

The only thing #2 has going over #1 is statistical likelihood. Vegas will tell you that no single team is an even bet for the Superbowl in August. But to say "are you crazy? of course not!" I'd have to look around the league and see a solid handful of teams that clearly outclass the Patriots. And I just don't see it.

Here's what I do see...at patsfans.com:

- posters obsessively breaking down film of exhibition games
- posters sharing their detailed understandings of topics like cap amortization and NFLE exemptions
- posters watching training camp practices so closely that when, say, a veteran tackle is traded in favor of a fifth-round rookie, not a one of us was remotely surprised
- a fair amount of junk

I'm not about to give up the extraordinary analysis on this board just because of the junk floating around, and I really wish you wouldn't either!

12-4

Am I safe? Does that put me in the non-homer category, but not so much that it puts me in the "just being negative so I'm not considered a homer" category?

I'm offended by these accusations. I am definately NOT a homer as I predict the Pats record to be a rather disappointing 14-1-1. Cleary, this is enough evidence to counter your assertion that every other poster here is seemingly a drooling, infantile homer.

Last edited:
Why has this "homer" term been so every popular lately. Talk about overused and abused.

I really have to question if NSPF been living under a rock since March.

Any team is capable of going either 0-16 or 16-0 in this NFL.

Last edited:
PatsFanInVa said:
I started here in the offseason, and the problem then was "chicken littles screaming the sky is falling..." It just happened that I posted some stuff saying relax, so I (guess) I was welcomed.

Now lately, I get accused of being a cheerleader (other threads) because I'm personally not devastated by the Deion situation. Now, I don't run around predicting 16-0... but it looks like the official "thing for us all to be irritated by" is now people who can cope with Deion's (possible) departure.

Same day, I see this... are you guys just bothered by the neighborhood being bigger, full stop? Been a Pats fan since age 5 or 6, guys. A "bandwagon jumper" to you is "someone that found this board" to everybody else.

PFnV
:wha: Cheerleader ain't good enough, now ya want to be a teenage drama queen in the next Lindsay Lohan debacle? (Which is the only reason Nova posted this thread.) And I could have sworn I responded to your earlier post because you appeared less than sanguine about a Deion-less club...

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
I swear to God, if I traveled back in time to pre 2001 and showed each and showed most of you what you're posting now about us going 15-1 and having a really good shot of winning the Super Bowl given all thats happened to this team the last 2 years without mentioning who I was quoting or what team they were referring to you'd all laugh and go "man what a bunch of homers"

What the Hell happened to this place? Did the success go to our heads? We don't have a kicker for Christs sake! and you're talkin like we'll go 15-1 and win the Superbowl without breaking a sweat. What the Hell is the matter with you guys? Did you all get together and decide to pull a fast one on old Nova?

"Hey I got a good one, lets make Nova think we're a bunch of coltpoweresque homers!"

Confidence is one thing, but this is sheer lunacy. 15-1 are you high? When people used to bad mouth Pats fans I never got what they meant, I'm like "yeah some of them are morons (Co-Red Sox fans) but not these guys here." now I find myself agreeing with them. Seriously I wish you guys could see yourselves the way I do. You're acting like spoiled Colts/Steelers fans.

Do I think we can't possibly win the Superbowl? Of course not, we have a chance, I think we're in a good position to win our divison, but 15-1? a bye? Pass me that peace pipe!

Anyway, this is my swan song, hopefully I can find another place to go and meet some realistic Pats fans, but if not oh well. If we do go 15-1, or win the Superbowl I'll be back here to eat my crow. Hell I'll even kill an actual crow, video tape myself eating it and upload it to youtube so you guys can watch it.

Peace,
NSPF.

Did you support the Pats in the late eighties and early nineties? That sucked, even if I got to see a lot less of it. I had to deal with my mates at school, who supported Washington, Miami, the Giants, Chicago.... If that means that I sometimes get over-confident about this team, then so be it. However, IIRC, it did win 3 out of the last 5 Superbowls.
I don't recall reading that this team was going to go 15-1. Most people fall into the 12-4 or 13-3 category. The running game is bound to improve, with what looks to be a healthy O line and Maroney. As someone else said, don't you think that will add balance? What about a D with Sey, Harrison and Bruschi back together for the first time in over a year? How about the likely improvement in Messrs. Hobbs, Samuel, Wilson and Beisel? Yep, there are potential problems; the secondary looks full of potential that it might not match, the LB corps has questions, Willie has gone, there is a kid at kicker and the O line has some questions to answer. We have big concerns at WR, that can only partly be answered with what looks likely to be an increase in production from TE and RB out of the backfield. However, name me an opponent who doesn't have concerns in one area or another.
Do I think that the Pats are a shoo-in to win the SB? No way. However, I do believe that they have as good a chance as 6 or 7 other teams in the league.

16-0 baby!

sieglo said:
16-0 baby!

Quit it or you'll make someone cry and run home with thier ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back