PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the HE#L are the Saints doing on there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I got a chuckle today going to NFL.com and seeing their Poll which has voters voting for 'Teams going to win the Super Bowl'..Granted there are Indianapolis,Denver,New England and Chicago on there but what Homie in Louisiana put the Saints on that list? - Whoever set up that Poll I guess does not know that San Diego,NY Giants,Philadelphia,Baltimore,Cincinnati,Minnesota,Carolina,Atlanta are all better than the Saints will be in January..I don't even think the Saints make the playoffs this year...A stupid team to put on the poll - No matter what the record for the Saints is right now or any of the teams above that they beat already,I don't see them having a better record than any of the teams I indicated above...I say they will have 13th best record by the end of the season- Probably around 8-8, in other words the 12 teams mentioned above will be better than them by week 16,even Pittsburgh may be better than them by January.

PATRIOT64 said:
I got a chuckle today going to NFL.com and seeing their Poll which has voters voting for 'Teams going to win the Super Bowl'..Granted there are Indianapolis,Denver,New England and Chicago on there but what Homie in Louisiana put the Saints on that list? - Whoever set up that Poll I guess does not know that San Diego,NY Giants,Philadelphia,Baltimore,Cincinnati,Minnesota,Carolina,Atlanta are all better than the Saints will be in January..I don't even think the Saints make the playoffs this year...A stupid team to put on the poll - No matter what the record for the Saints is right now or any of the teams above that they beat already,I don't see them having a better record than any of the teams I indicated above...I say they will have 13th best record by the end of the season- Probably around 8-8, in other words the 12 teams mentioned above will be better than them by week 16,even Pittsburgh may be better than them by January.

Why diss their record? They have looked solid have they not? You know, I remember alot of other people saying those exact same words about our pats in 2001. Besides, it's just a poll, so who really gives a ****?

PATRIOT64 said:
Whoever set up that Poll I guess does not know that San Diego,NY Giants,Philadelphia,Baltimore,Cincinnati,Minnesota,Carolina,Atlanta are all better than the Saints will be in January.
Philadelphia sure didn't look better when they were losing in the dome a couple weeks ago.

Nowhere in my calculations at the beginning of this season were the Saints a 5-1 team at this point. But here they are. And who's to say they can't continue to shock us? I'm not going to start betting against them now.

PATRIOT64 said:

I don't think that Baltimore, Minnesota or Atlanta are better than New Orleans.

But while the Saints do have a very nasty schedule and COULD slip as low as 8-8, I'm not sure how you could possibly leave them off the poll when they're on top of their very tough division.

It's just a poll man, and the Saints do have 1 of the top 5 records in the NFL, so it is only fair they are added in a 5 team poll. Here in New England we should know that winning trumps everything more then any other team as we preach it year round. Plus what the Saints have done is nothing short of spectacular, I had the Eagles winning the NFC this year and the Saints beat them so as far as I'm concerned they belong.

holyredeemer said:
Why diss their record? They have looked solid have they not? You know, I remember alot of other people saying those exact same words about our pats in 2001. Besides, it's just a poll, so who really gives a ****?

Exactly. I think people tend to forget how badly the Pats were laughed at in 2001 whenever anyone said they had a chance. The Saints have Deuce running for 5 yards a carry. They have Brees playing like an MVP candidate, they have Joe Horn playing like it's three years ago, they have a rookie in Colston who pulls down every jump ball they throw at him, and they have that other rookie waiting to have his break out game. They are a 5-1 team, leading the hardest division in football and deserve the respect they are getting at the moment.

hmmm i dont know, NO has looked real good. They also have an entire city overjoyed with their success and fueling them. I dont think its outrageous to include then at this very momeny. Balt, Minn, Atl all are good but i wouldnt clearly put them above NO right now.

Playing with emotion and all that support they could easily win all their home games. SF and Washington look to be W's. Baltimore has some issues on offense and McNair has already been knocked out of his first game as a Raven due to injury. Cincy and Carolina are wobbling and they played Carolina tough on the road already. Tampa and Dallas look to be reasonable road W's. Pittsburgh who knows what might befall Ben from here on out. Atlanta and NY are big name frauds who can turtle any week.

10 W's could take that division and 11 could easily get them a bye and a HF playoff game given Seattle's situation and the fact the NFCE is shaping up as a battle of the flawed frauds. NY and Philly both feature mistake prone QB's and Dallas and Washington are toast. Chicago almost lost to AZ because they are fronted by a QB who has never played more than a handful of NFL games. If the Bears falter as their season rolls on the NFC is ripe for the picking.

If the Pats fall short this year, I would want NO to win it all. Why the heck not? It would make just as great a fairy tale as the 2001 Pats, and it would give those folks something to be happy about.

Brees is a QB that the Pats should fear, BTW.

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I don't think that Baltimore, Minnesota or Atlanta are better than New Orleans.

Baltimore goes to New Orleans this week, so we shall see if this is true. IMO, New Orleans should be able to handle Baltimore. The Ravens are a facade that will be exposed in the coming weeks. Granted they have a good defense, but they have significant issues with their offensive play calling, line, RBs and QB, that will be their downfall. Hopefully, Denver will be similarly exposed.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
If the Pats fall short this year, I would want NO to win it all. Why the heck not? It would make just as great a fairy tale as the 2001 Pats, and it would give those folks something to be happy about.

Brees is a QB that the Pats should fear, BTW.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER!!!

This is exactly why they Saints are in this poll. Be wary of the emotional favorite. See New England Circa 2001, Pittsburgh Circa 2005, etc...

The Saints have done nothing this entire year... other than proving to use they are for real. So if you can't stomach, too bad. Drew Brees is absolutely having an awesome year, Deuce is running better than anybody could've guessed, and the entire dream of a city lies on their shoulders. That alone is enough to motivate anyone to overachieve, which they have done just that.

Sean Payton is doing an excellent job in NO, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Colston is an emerging star at WR. McAllister is back to his old self. Horn still gets plenty of looks and finally had a breakout game the game before their bye. Bush is a weapon in the passing game and forces defenses to pay attention to him, opening things up for the other guys. And let's not forget the guy who runs the show...Brees is playing great in the offense. If they had a tight end like Watson (some would argue that they do...Colston is gigantic), their offense would be considered top 3 in the league.

Don't diss the Saints. This isn't Jim Haslett's and Aaron Brook's team anymore.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes