Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What seed does New England end up with

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Steelers beating both Cincy and Denver and Cincy beating Denver. The Patriots will end up with the first and the bye. However even if they don't get either I still think they will be the team to beat in the AFC if they get healthy. Ultimately I think Pittsburgh will end up in Foxborough for the AFCCG.

#3...they finish 12-4 & lose tiebreaker to denver

If the Pats were even remotely healthy on offense I'd disagree with you. Unfortunately, the amount of injuries they have is too much to overcome and with three of their four games on the road they'll likely lose two of those.

On the other hand, Cincy or Denver will lose two games at the most, with one of them only losing one. Which team is which will depend on what happens in their game.

No way that Denver loses to Oakland or SD at home or Cincy loses at home to Baltimore or @ SF.

Dynasty ended in May of 1989.

There were a few hotties in that group, and I'm talking only about the ladies and Joan Collins.

And speaking of dynasties, the top ten NFL dynasty list was on the boob tube last night and I turned it off as soon as the Buffalo Bills came up at #8. I figured the rest would be ******** too.

Where are the #5 and #6 options?

Even with all of the injuries that is off the table. They will likely win the Tennessee game or the Miami game or both and go 11-5 at worst.

But while I have you here JF79, what will happen if the 10-6 Jets lose out to a 7-9 team from the AFCS and end up watching the playoffs from home? That's a real possibility.

Even with all of the injuries that is off the table. They will likely win the Tennessee game or the Miami game or both and go 11-5 at worst.

But while I have you here JF79, what will happen if the 10-6 Jets lose out to a 7-9 team from the AFCS and end up watching the playoffs from home? That's a real possibility.

Yeah, just BSin' about the 5 or 6 spot. Unless of course entering week 16 the Pats are on a 4 game skid. Then it'll get interesting. Really doubtful though.

If @10-6 (or even 11-5) we lose out to a 7-9 team?.. Sure it'd suck, but dems the rules. Won't lose sleep over it. I'd be happy with a nice first season under Maccagnan and Bowles. I agree that division winners should get home playoff games. Keeps all regions of the country involved.

Now if the freakin Midgets get a home playoff game with a losing record while we're out... that **** would piss me off.

I'd probably root for the Vikings or Seahawks on the NFC side and probably wouldn't "root" for anyone in the AFC, but I'd appreciate seeing the Pats go for another SB once they get healthy.

Yeah, just BSin' about the 5 or 6 spot. Unless of course entering week 16 the Pats are on a 4 game skid. Then it'll get interesting. Really doubtful though.

If @10-6 (or even 11-5) we lose out to a 7-9 team?.. Sure it'd suck, but dems the rules. Won't lose sleep over it. I'd be happy with a nice first season under Maccagnan and Bowles. I agree that division winners should get home playoff games. Keeps all regions of the country involved.

Now if the freakin Midgets get a home playoff game with a losing record while we're out... that **** would piss me off.

I'd probably root for the Vikings or Seahawks on the NFC side and probably wouldn't "root" for anyone in the AFC, but I'd appreciate seeing the Pats go for another SB once they get healthy.

I'm not a Wrecks Ryan fan at all, but it would be very interesting if the last game of the season for you guys was a difference maker.

If I were a betting man I'd give KC the #5 seed (they play 4 teams with a total of 14 wins with three at home) and the Jets the #6 seed. I don't think Pitt will win either of their two games with Cincy or Denver, but even if they do they still might lose to the Jets on the tiebreakers.

To be honest though, I'm really hoping that the Jets lose out at 10-6 just so I can see the reaction from your fellow Jets fans to be sitting home while a crap AFCS team gets in at 8-8 or 7-9. My dream scenario would have Indy losing out to Houston in the AFCS.

I'm not a Wrecks Ryan fan at all, but it would be very interesting if the last game of the season for you guys was a difference maker.

I'm a big Rex supporter. Thought he was screwed over by Idzik. Yup, that'd be a hell of a game. Too bad it's in Buffalo. It'd be a fun one to go to.

If I were a betting man I'd give KC the #5 seed (they play 4 teams with a total of 14 wins with three at home) and the Jets the #6 seed. I don't think Pitt will win either of their two games with Cincy or Denver, but even if they do they still might lose to the Jets on the tiebreakers.

Yeah, gotta figure KC gets in. Other than that, two teams scare me. Pittsburgh and the Jets. Pitt is the type of team that could win the SB if they get hot. And I haven't seen enough consistency from the Jets yet to evision winning 3 or 4 of the remaining 4. Even if all 4 games were vs Cleveland. Jets could shoot themselves in the foot at anytime until proven otherwise.

To be honest though, I'm really hoping that the Jets lose out at 10-6 just so I can see the reaction from your fellow Jets fans to be sitting home while a crap AFCS team gets in at 8-8 or 7-9. My dream scenario would have Indy losing out to Houston in the AFCS.

Ha... I can't support this view. Except that I want Houston to beat out Indi. The Jets would win a head-to-head tiebreaker over Indi. Not Houston.

No QB besides big ben scares me in the afc. This team has to find a way and get a bye.

Still thinks it's 1 or 2, some of that brock sheen is going to wear off and the bengals could still drop 2 games

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

A lot of Pats fans I've been talking to are also writing off the Texans game as a loss, and I don't get it either.

That's ridiculous. Just another example of the average short-sighted NFL fan who places too much emphasis on how good/bad a team has looked the previous week.

I think it's pretty obvious that HOU will likely play tough defense, and we'll have some difficulty moving the ball and scoring points at times, but I see no reason to think that they're going to hang 28 points on us either.

Either way, no one in the world should consider "writing off the Texans game as a loss."

No QB besides big ben scares me in the afc. This team has to find a way and get a bye.

I agree with you here for sure, but it should be noted that CIN has a very well balanced team. They can run the ball successfully, they have a shifty 3rd down back, the TD leader for TEs this year, a "franchise" type of WR in Green, and a couple of capable receivers surrounding him.

In the trenches, they've certainly proven to be more effective and physical that we have this season, as their OL in top 5 and their defense as a whole is very stingy. I actually see this year's CIN team as an improvement on the team that beat us a couple of seasons ago, considering that Dalton's grown up and is making much better decisions.

I'd be most concerned with:

1) Cincy
2) Pittsburgh
3) Denver
4) A team like KC or the NYJ who could get hot and steal a victory

I chose the 2nd seed, and feel that getting the bye is going to go a long way towards providing us with the type of boost that we'll need to try and make a serious run.

The bye is the clear difference maker in this scenario, one hundred percent, hands down. Without it, I don't like our chances to win 4 straight to go to the SB, at least not with the serious injuries that we've had to endure. A year like this is going to need that extra week of rest and planning, along with the heightened odds of only having to win 3 games.

666, the number of the bb

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I got a bad feeling that the squealers will lay an egg at cincy. They should have beaten cincy the first time. The raiders will lay down

Need steelers here. Cincy wins this..my confidence in 1-2 slips a bit

Relying on some other team to beat one of our seed rivals is the Road To Perdition.
12-4 and 3 seed.
If the Jints can go Four Games To Glory, why can't we?

If they win tonight, they're getting the #1 seed

I got a bad feeling that the squealers will lay an egg at cincy. They should have beaten cincy the first time. The raiders will lay down
If I were you, I wouldn't be betting tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots