PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Pick Would Surprise You But...

My surprise based on Walter Football rating for late round safeties is Lukas Denis of BC in the 2nd round. Based on BB's draft record though, it would't be much of a surprise.

TOSU’s Parris Campbell. Fastest WR at the Combine, running a 4.31. Puts a new dimension to our offense that we have lacked since Brandon Cooks’s departure.

He under performed last season—until it really counted. He put on a show against scUM, making that defense—filled with NFL talent—seem pedestrian. Go back and look at the highlights. Made Devin Bush appear slow.

Game breaker I could call him.

Make Brady happy, too.

Happy Passover or Easter, everyone!

Also would make you think “yeah, I can see that”

Off the top of my head, Chase Winovich would fit that description.

He’s not someone many of us have talked about as a likely pick but he could offer pass rush early and could play either a Van Noy or Ninkovich role.

Who for you?

Only 3 edge defenders have had a higher pff grade than Chase Winovich in the last six years: Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa. Imagine the potential defensive upside of getting Simmons and Winovich with the first two picks.

Drafting Devin Singletary, RB out of FAU, to replace our slow third option.

This guy is a 4.66 forty and 7+ second three cone.

But like Tom Brady in 1999, there’s more than meets the statistics. Much more.

Can’t measure heart.

John Cominsky in round 3

Also would make you think “yeah, I can see that”

Off the top of my head, Chase Winovich would fit that description.

He’s not someone many of us have talked about as a likely pick but he could offer pass rush early and could play either a Van Noy or Ninkovich role.

Who for you?

Post draft, what a way to kick off and nail this thread. The stories coming out makes this selection even more clear. Good call.

Pats taking Josh Jacobs if he falls to 32. RB certainly doesn’t look like a need, but thought process being
- they’re heavily dependent on the run game, easier to project prospects here than passing game (BB quote this week)
- built in redundancy in case Michel or Burkhead miss time
- two way back who can help in passing game; without Gronk need other ways to avoid being predictable pre-snap

On the other hand, this is like almost sneezing. I had the position right, the type right, the rationale right, even the school right but ultimately I missed it. Jacobs ultimately wasn’t available, but here’s hoping things will turn out better with Harry at 32 and Harris in the 3rd than with Jacobs in the first and an outside-only big WR like Boykin in the 3rd (rather than the flexibility Harry provides).

Post draft, what a way to kick off and nail this thread. The stories coming out makes this selection even more clear. Good call.

On the other hand, this is like almost sneezing. I had the position right, the type right, the rationale right, even the school right but ultimately I missed it. Jacobs ultimately wasn’t available, but here’s hoping things will turn out better with Harry at 32 and Harris in the 3rd than with Jacobs in the first and an outside-only big WR like Boykin in the 3rd (rather than the flexibility Harry provides).

Ha, I forgot about that. Nice.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back