PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Mayo learned from Mac Jones Patriots tenure

" One thing I did learn about that process was, as you continue to develop a quarterback... It's important not to confuse the hell out of him while peeing on his fragile little head."

Pretty clear what Mayo thinks about Jabba the Fatt Matt and Judge Dread.
It happened on his watch got him fired too.

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

I think Mayo and Kraft understandably share a lot of the same frustrations about BB's final years. You know when you start airing some grievances against something important to you, and the person next to you is like OMG I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME, and suddenly you bond with this person (and get promised a promotion if said person happens to be your boss)? I think I'm forming a clearer picture of how Mayo and Kraft bonded.

I do wonder why he keeps bringing up BB's dirty laundry into his interviews. We all know the dirty laundry is there and that it had become a total ****show towards the end. There's plenty of reporting on that already. It doesn't need to be repeated by a rookie HC in every interview.

It's a recurring theme with some of these young successful QB's the Coaches around them. You can't just throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks BB. Some were resting on past achievements. :rolleyes:

I think Mayo and Kraft understandably share a lot of the same frustrations about BB's final years. You know when you start airing some grievances against something important to you, and the person next to you is like OMG I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME, and suddenly you bond with this person (and get promised a promotion if said person happens to be your boss)? I think I'm forming a clearer picture of how Mayo and Kraft bonded.

I do wonder why he keeps bringing up BB's dirty laundry into his interviews. We all know the dirty laundry is there and that it had become a total ****show towards the end. There's plenty of reporting on that already. It doesn't need to be repeated by a rookie HC in every interview.
Good points I hope BB plans to go into TV because I don't See a Coaching job on the horizon with his age among other things.

I sure hope Mayo learned that the coaching staff around a young QB is important, because many of us schlubs posting on internet boards knew that the Judge/Patricia experiment would be an absolute catastrophe in the spring of '22, months before the team ever took the field.

This is why people saying it's year one of the rebuild are coping beyond belief. Year 5 post Brady and no closer to having a contending team.

I sure hope Mayo learned that the coaching staff around a young QB is important, because many of us schlubs posting on internet boards knew that the Judge/Patricia experiment would be an absolute catastrophe in the spring of '22, months before the team ever took the field.

This is why people saying it's year one of the rebuild are coping beyond belief. Year 5 post Brady and no closer to having a contending team.
And somebody was getting a hefty $25Mill for a middle of the road Team going nowhere.

Last edited:
And somebody was getting hefty $25Mill for a middle of the road Team going nowhere.
Part of me still thinks the last couple years were intentional sabotage by Bill. "F all you people, I'm hiring my two friends and there aint **** any of you can do about it (even you, Bob. Breach my contract and see what happens)".

Part of me still thinks the last couple years were intentional sabotage by Bill. "F all you people, I'm hiring my two friends and there aint **** any of you can do about it (even you, Bob)".
Really glad RK was paying attention BB credibility along the Offensive side of the ball took a Big hit. You can't win with smoke and mirrors in Today's' NFL Talent gets it done.

Pretty clear what Mayo thinks about Jabba the Fatt Matt and Judge Dread.

Honestly, he may think they're fine, just weren't qualified for the roles they were given. I know a lot of people that are perfectly fine to work with, but if I had to rely on them for jobs they didn't know, and my success was tied to them? I'd probably resent them a bit too.

You can bet that certain talking points like how bad the end of Bill’s tenure was or that they have Krafts blessing to spend on particular players are coming from the top.

In other words, hopefully the new coaches stick around for few years before the powers that be evaluate them too harshly.

Honestly, he may think they're fine, just weren't qualified for the roles they were given. I know a lot of people that are perfectly fine to work with, but if I had to rely on them for jobs they didn't know, and my success was tied to them? I'd probably resent them a bit too.
Exactly. Patricia was fine at DC and Judge was fine at STs. As OC and QB coach they were disasters.

Mac played okay for 3/4’s of his rookie season with perfect conditions… then he melted the final quarter of the season.

Does anyone think Burrow, Herbert or Stroud would have melted, or couldn’t have dealt with a simplified offense the following year.

Joe Burrow has led the league in sacks every season since he entered the league, he’s had the worst line and been injured twice… the guy still steps up into the pocket and throws darts, he doesn’t lead the NFL in turnovers.

Mac wasn’t good, nobody had to “ruin him.” That’s just pleasant talk as you’re kicking him out the door for peanuts.

So he learned all this and the best he could come up with was Van Pelt and McAdoo the offensive version of Patricia and Judge :rofl:

Dumb and dumber offensive edition, a couple of cheap defensive bozos no one else wanted replaced by a couple of cheap offensive ones no one else wanted.

All they need to do is draft JJ "Mac Jones 2.0" McCarthy to complete the rebuild of suck, no weapons and a suckbag game manager coached by 2 fat blowhards, it's so fitting.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back