PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Wrong with Brady? The Debate Continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer splash damage. Then everyone knows I was there for a while. Alas, Ozymandias says no crap will endure forever...

I respect that. I'm just at the point where a no effort crap is a win.

My honest answer: he is injured but is injured more often than we realize. He can still make most throws but struggles more with deep balls and throwing on the run (remember how much he had improved in that area before?)

A lot of it is the schemes and personnel. The Patriots move the ball with ease down the field because of the chunk yardage deep threats of Cooks and Gronkowski. When they get closer to the red zone, that threat dissipates and you realize they really don’t have many great options to get quick separation in a shrunken field. The losses of Hogan and Edelman have greatly effected their red zone options. Hopefully Hogan will return somewhat close to normal. I think they were hoping Britt, at 6’3” could provide some height down there.

I have been furious at Josh McDaniels ridiculous play calling around the 10 yard line looking for 10 millimeter windows to exploit. For the first time today they used a dump off pass to Dion Lewis, rather than a shotgun play where Brady stands there for eight seconds and hates what he sees. They really need to start using the two RB formations as they get closer to the end zone. No point in having Dorsett and Allen down there when they are unrealistic options to Brady. I would love to see two of Burkhead, White, and Lewis used in formations down there.

It was actually a great pick 6 by the defender. He had to use a lot of athletism to get there so tip your cap and move on. There are two teams out there playing at the highest level.

It was a bad route run by Britt (likely due to his lack of familiarity with how much the offense is predicated on what the defense does). He failed to flatten his route because he didn't recognize Bills were in zone over the middle on that snap.

As far as Brady throwing picks- we are just so used to elite play from him. The reason he threw just two last year was because he could get the ball out so fast. He doesn't have that luxury this year.

Of all the WRs on the field today for us, only Amendola has more than one year of experience in this offense.

The only thing wrong. If you could call it wrong with Brady is simple really.. the patriots have had a bruising schedule.. Miami twice, Buffalo twice, Pittsburgh, like six straight road games, Mexico, Denver, bad news schedule that is murderous. These types of things catch up on the whole team. Now, the biggest problem is injuries to other players both like Edelman but also offensive line guys, hogan really, any thing else read into his slightly off performance is kinda stupid really.. no offense guys ok? I’m not in that business but it’s dumb to look at that schedule and the injury report and not make allowances on that. I wonder if rapustburger could do that schedule and still win almost all the games. Brady’s performance on that note is a Herculean feat honestly. A lesser qb would be lucky to be .500 over that span

Man, people forget that divisional games are always tough! The Bills are a good team.

Brady missed few throws, every QB does that. Bree’s throws bunch of picks and nobody batting any eye.
The defender read the play and made a good play.

I really like when I sit down to take a poop, and that first wipe has nothing there. A clean poop! It feels like a victory of sorts. Perhaps life has started to make me really appreciate the little things, or maybe I am overcome by Christmas mirth.

I hope I added something of value to this thread.

Ghost poop I call it.

Brady is fine. I think he was getting some mental lapses in the first quarter and he really wanted to get the ball to Gronk but kept missing his target. He finally seemed to calm down and start making better, more accurate, throws (pick nonwithstanding) after he connected with Gronk. His TDs dont look great only because they are running it more near the goal line than him passing. His injury seems fine as he was moving in the pocket decently. He got us (or assisted) 37 points today. Not sure how much of a liability you can be with that kind of production.

If anything the throwaway with Gronk tripled, taking the FG instead of forcing it in and risking a redzone turnover told me all I needed to know about him still being on top of his game.

It was definitely a quick recovery from a bad read... though I suspect he probably wishes he didn't make the bad read in the first place. ;)

It was definitely a quick recovery from a bad read... though I suspect he probably wishes he didn't make the bad read in the first place. ;)

I didnt rewatch it yet but I guess we will see that the Bills baited Brady presnap into throwing that one. Britt was supposedly open but he was fixated on Gronk all the way.

It was actually a great pick 6 by the defender. He had to use a lot of athletism to get there so tip your cap and move on. There are two teams out there playing at the highest level.
Also it was intended for a receiver who was just signed 10 days ago. This game more than others saw Brady spreading the ball around to players who usually don;t see passes, Gillislee, Allen, Dorsett,Britt, Hollister andsometimes the connection is not like w Hogan/Gronk or Edelman.....

I see where this is going.......

VKaWX.gif

What were the picks? The only ones that concern me I think are the Miami ones, as better throws may have been long gainers. Long passes are low percentage throws though, and Cooks isn't quite Randy Moss. If everything short and in the middle is closed off and if he's forced to rely on long sideline routes he may be in trouble. That was true 10 years ago too.

Today's pick the defense called a play with a new wrinkle like in the Super Bowl. It happens. Sometimes the other team scouts well and makes plays. Last Bills game White wasn't called for constant fouling of Gronk. Not Brady's fault. Vs. Pit it was pressure up the middle. Not a new development that pressure up the middle bothers him.

I think I'm missing one, but all in all I don't see anything new to worry about. If we run into a team that overwhelms the OL and can play tough man to man they can beat us, especially with some key players out. That was the case in 2007 and still the case in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back