PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the future for Jarrett Stidham?

The writing was on the wall when he couldn’t unseat Cam last year.
I'm pretty sure my dirty old socks could've unseated Cam at QB though idk what the **** that was about last year

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
A dad and social media career at least with his wife. :)

He organized those Patriots West Coast work outs early this offseason after the pats made those signings.

He's been around Brady, Bill, Hoyer...has had some live bullets. I believe the Patriots make it worth his while to stick around as a qb2 and extra set of eyes in the qb room.

Agreed. He beat out Hoyer before Mac arrived. I think the Pats like him as a low cost Matt Cassel type QB backup.

Wouldn't being an offspring of an NFL owner be even better?

Fancy title
Elevated social circle
Minimal responsibility/ maximum perks...ie....premium parking spot, cheerleader oversight, etc
Big paycheck and inheritance rights
Access to premium liquor in owner's box
Game day booster seat
The best riches in life aren't material man

Stidham is very close to Mac in size and in combine measurables. For instance, Mac ran a 4.79 second forty-yard dash on his pro day at Alabama; Stidham had a 4.81 at the combine. Height and weight for the two are almost identical. Besides running the scout team when the Pats play opponents with mobile quarterbacks, something Hoyer is probably not good at, Bill may be hoping that some of Mac's intensity and football smarts rub off on Stidham. Hoyer is 36, so the Pats will be needing a backup when he's gone. If Bill has confidence in Stidham, he may stick around. If not, the Patriots will part ways with him.

I see Hoyer being brought back as Mac's backup. Wonder if the Pats should give the Steelers a call and see what they could get for Stid. Won't be much obviously but at least there's a better chance whatever 6th or 7th rounder it is will contribute to the team than Stid will in 2022.

I can't see the Steelers wanting to go into the draft building around Mason Rudolph and none of the QB prospects in this draft are anything to get excited about.

I see Hoyer being brought back as Mac's backup. Wonder if the Pats should give the Steelers a call and see what they could get for Stid. Won't be much obviously but at least there's a better chance whatever 6th or 7th rounder it is will contribute to the team than Stid will in 2022.

I can't see the Steelers wanting to go into the draft building around Mason Rudolph and none of the QB prospects in this draft are anything to get excited about.
Just saw a report on the NFL network that GM Kevin Colbert said, if the season started today, Mason Rudolph would be their QB. Stidham will be given a chance in camp to win the backup job. He’s heading into the last year of his rookie contract. No one is going to give the Pats anything of value for him.

Same goes for N’keal Harry, JoeJuan Williams, Chase Winovich or any member of the horrible 2019 draft class with the notable exception of Damian Harris.

Fancy title
Elevated social circle
Minimal responsibility/ maximum perks...ie....premium parking spot, cheerleader oversight, etc
Game day booster seat
Jim irsay agrees with you

Fancy title
Elevated social circle
Game day booster seat
Gotta hand it to the Chiefs. They're all set once she inherits the team. Way easier to look at than the other owners. LOL

I wonder what Mahomes is thinking here. LOL
1645545846460.png

The patriots need a backup. If the team needs to re-sign Hoyer because of no faith in Stidham (or find another #2), then Stidham can be traded for a conditional 7th.

Personally, I expect Hoyer to be re-signed, whether we have a 3rd QB or not.

I like Stid as a backup. I'd love for Hoyer to be named QB Coach but that is a big pay cut. So, you keep Hoyer as a coach in uniform, but have Stid as first man up should Mac go down. Stid runs scout offense and takes 2nd Team reps at QB.
I think BB could see the value in this for a year while Hoyer prepares to turn in the uniform next year?

Chase Winovich .
I think someone would give up a late round / perhaps conditional pick for Wino... he's shown flashes... but only flashes... enough that some team would take a flyer on him...

I wonder what Mahomes is thinking here. LOL
View attachment 41330
that his baby momma has a peyton-esque forehead & the other chick is hotter than her?

I'd love for Hoyer to be named QB Coach but that is a big pay cut.
Thats my issue with Hoyer... I too think he'd be better as a qb coach at this point... but if someone is willing to fork over slightly better than 1 million dollars for a 3rd string vet qb, why quit the game... its easy bank...

I like Stid as a backup. I'd love for Hoyer to be named QB Coach but that is a big pay cut. So, you keep Hoyer as a coach in uniform, but have Stid as first man up should Mac go down. Stid runs scout offense and takes 2nd Team reps at QB.
I think BB could see the value in this for a year while Hoyer prepares to turn in the uniform next year?
If Hoyer is paid the vet minimum, we get a cap discount. We would only be on the hook for $895K.

Stidham's future is likely as a backup, then likely a coaching position or perhaps a local announcing gig, sweet retirement, sitting on a beach earning 20% and then throwing pick sixes in heaven to **** "Night Train" Lane and the bois.

If I remember correctly he was penciled in as a possible replacement for #12 in '20. He sustained a hip injury during TC (Aug. 21, 2020) and do not recall him recovering from that, it did not seem to be about him vs. Cam, but more about him vs. his injury.

There were scattered reports about how he might be a viable replacement, but not much recently.. no idea what happened, except for the injury.

He is a Patriots backup QB. History says his future is a coach.

Next season he can catch on with a usfl team.

Jersey sounds like a great place for him.

If I remember correctly he was penciled in as a possible replacement for #12 in '20. He sustained a hip injury during TC (Aug. 21, 2020) and do not recall him recovering from that, it did not seem to be about him vs. Cam, but more about him vs. his injury.

There were scattered reports about how he might be a viable replacement, but not much recently.. no idea what happened, except for the injury.
If you look at some of BB's moves in the 2020 offseason. Specifically why would he use the franchise tag on Thuney otherwise? Its pretty clear that in during the offseason BB considered Stidham to be a viable replacement.

Don't know what happened to him.

Just saw a report on the NFL network that GM Kevin Colbert said, if the season started today, Mason Rudolph would be their QB. Stidham will be given a chance in camp to win the backup job. He’s heading into the last year of his rookie contract. No one is going to give the Pats anything of value for him.

Same goes for N’keal Harry, JoeJuan Williams, Chase Winovich or any member of the horrible 2019 draft class with the notable exception of Damian Harris.
Winovich has to be on his last chance...dude just is not up to expectations. He does put up some really good numbers on my Madden team though

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back