PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is the future for Jarrett Stidham?

Lamar got hurt today….

Says something they brought him back from IR and kept him active though. Maybe they need the extra QB because of Covid and they only have Gilbert on the practice squad.

As with all Pats backup QBs(save JG who was given away for a 2nd as a favor to SF) I expect him to be traded for a 1st round pick minimum.

Enjoying that hot wife of his

That's a really good question.

I gotta think he'll be #2 QB next year here unless he requests to be released/traded so he has a chance to start somewhere else.
I can't think of too many "somewhere elses" that are champing at the bit to start Stidham. No direspect to the man, but he didn't stand out.

I’m pretty sure he has already seen it.

I can't think of too many "somewhere elses" that are champing at the bit to start Stidham. No direspect to the man, but he didn't stand out.
Agree but he has no chance of beating out Mac here

Number 2 next year and then career backup

Maybe he will get his chance elsewhere….time will tell if not he will be career backup

Thanx for the replies.

So, if Jones was to get hurt, it doesn't sound like Stidham would be likely to give us even a Matt Cassell level performance.
He could give us a Buffalo away game performance.. maybe if he calls the right protection and blocking schemes

Bagging groceries?
Not that there is anything wrong with that. I did that in HS

1639360417429.png
Not really, he married rich.

According to Greg Bedard, he looks a little off as far as processing speed.
Which means after 3 years, he's not going to get it with this outfit.

Hi all, this may seem like a strange question, but I have been away for over two years and am trying to get back up to speed.

When the Pats drafted Stidham I remember the discussions and there seemed to be a lot of reasons to be optimistic about his future.

So, did he get his chance and blow it? Is there any chance that he could actually compete and take the job away from Jones?

BB had an established QB in Drew Bledsoe, who had a huge contract, but he didn't seem to have a problem moving to Tom Brady.

I read that he had some physical issues earlier in the year which set him back, but what is his future prognosis?

Has the ship sailed on Stidham in NE and the NFL?

In the joint for refusing to kill for The Man in Vietnam?

I see him as similar to Matt Cassel talent-wise.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back