PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Mac Jones and Jaylen Waddle are available at 15?

Mac Jones completed 77% of his passes and had a 41/4 TD/Int ration in the SEC.. can see this with their current roster, might revert to the "dink and dunk" offense and focus on YAC...

The choice between Jones and Waddle is difficult, but gotta go with a QB at this juncture as this is the last time the Pats will have a top 15 draft pick for a while if not we will be dealing with other teams cast offs or has beens for several years in the future...

You can bring in a player like Jones for up to 5 years or reasonable money and continue to build around him..

Trade w Det at #7 (1500 pts) they only have 6 picks. Offer them #15,46,197 ( 1050, 440 and 11 points) Both sides give up 1500 points and Det gets 2 more draft picks. Take the best of the top 4 QBs (Wilson?),,, They have their QB so they need other help....
Then don't worry about who slides to #15....
While the value Chart May say this is an equal trade i don't think they will do it for another second rd pick. The late rd doesn't matter here. Detroit has jared goff who they could after year 1 with low dead money i believe. Furthermore Goff s*cks, they badly need a new qb to start over and if I am Detroit i take lance if he is there unless someone offers another first or two seconds. The pick has more actual value for them then the value Chart says.
After all the FA signings, they aren't using all 10 picks. They are packaging them to move up, or trade into next year.... Be shocked of they draft more than 6 guys...

Typical Fred from Douchebag thread.

Typical Fred from Douchebag thread.
Excuse me? That seems a little extreme.

Predicting that the Patriots will do something unexpected at 15, even if there are two fantastic choices on the board, is not douchbaggery. How many times has BB done this before in the first round? Most of the time.

How many of youse guys screamed bloody murder in 2001 when BB passed on David Terrell at 6 to take Seymour? All of you I suspect. And I suspect that this year there will a lot of screaming and throwing things at the TV after the 15th pick is announced.

Take neither.

1 Jones is just another Alabama game manager. The Tide will plug another QB in there for 21 and keep winning. Dont fall for the hype like Miami did.

2 No more NE WRs in the 1st round. The Pats are surely to pick the guy who lands on PUP and never lives up to his draft billing.

Predicting that the Patriots will do something unexpected at 15, even if there are two fantastic choices on the board, is not douchbaggery. How many times has BB done this before in the first round? Most of the time.

How many of youse guys screamed bloody murder in 2001 when BB passed on David Terrell at 6 to take Seymour? All of you I suspect. And I suspect that this year there will a lot of screaming and throwing things at the TV after the 15th pick is announced.
Hes a Homer and one of the biggest.

One reason I don’t think we’ll trade up too high. IE Next year’s first There is no sure qb
Whom we can get. Our QB situation could suck next year without an answer at qb AND no first round pick.

If Waddle or Devonta slipsnag him. Take Mond in 2nd. Would give up 2 and 3 for an
Earlier second

this is is where Bill’s talent evalation skills must come into play. if he feels Jones is a future stud QB, you take him and don’t think twice. if jones is going to be an above average or just a quality starter, you go with waddle. i would imagine Saban would be able to tell Bill who the better NFL player will be.

Last edited:
Waddle is one of the top several players in the draft. You'd be insane if you didn't take him.

This board has been inundated with WR Metcalf stuff for 2 years now, and he had a million questions coming into the draft. Waddle is so polished, route running, separation, hands, run after catch, short area burst, the only reason to take Chase over him is because of an injury. One injury.

Waddle is the type of WR that can make a chucker at QB look like a league MVP.

But--this question is moot. There's no way Waddle is available at 15.

You Waddle people are weapons obsessed, they can only roster so many WR’s...

Take Mac Jones or the best defender available at 15 and take David Mills in the second.
Most fans get tent their pants at the thought of a first round WR but Bill’s history in the first round and the history of teams making the mistake of over-drafting the position says that they won’t do in that direction with 15. QB/OL/DL/CB/LB is the way to go in the top half of the 1st, in my opinion.

Hopefully we won’t be up at 15 because we will have already packaged it to move into the top 10 to grab a QB. Were we still there at 15, I would grab Jones every day and twice on Sunday. I have a late 1st round grade on him, but it’s a very deep receiver draft. Take the QB and grab a receiver on day two or three. If we stay at 15 and trade down, I’ll need to buy a new TV.

A #1 WR and QB are their two most glaring needs, and the idea that Belichick would move down for a center when he just signed Andrews to a 4 year deal is trolling, pure and simple. It isn’t a serious suggestion by any means, it is, as I said, a douchebag post. Had you simply left it at “ what would Belichick do?” It would have been relevant, adding “will he drop down for a center?” Is a troll question. But you already knew that, it’s why you posted it.

Most fans get tent their pants at the thought of a first round WR but Bill’s history in the first round and the history of teams making the mistake of over-drafting the position says that they won’t do in that direction with 15. QB/OL/DL/CB/LB is the way to go in the top half of the 1st, in my opinion.
What do you mean by Bill's history in the first round?

Take neither.

1 Jones is just another Alabama game manager. The Tide will plug another QB in there for 21 and keep winning. Dont fall for the hype like Miami did.

2 No more NE WRs in the 1st round. The Pats are surely to pick the guy who lands on PUP and never lives up to his draft billing.
I’m okay w/Pats going WR in first round. Bill just needs to not overthink the damn thing. Take the consensus best receiver remaining if you do it. NKeal Harry was not that .

Mac Jones or Davis Mills or BUST!

What do you mean by Bill's history in the first round?

Other than OL, he usually targets defense in round 1. Yes, I know that Sony and Harry are recent exceptions, but those pocks were Brady-driven, in my opinion. I can’t see him going WR at 15, unless the guy is clearly number 1 on their draft board, after the first 14 picks.

A #1 WR and QB are their two most glaring needs, and the idea that Belichick would move down for a center when he just signed Andrews to a 4 year deal is trolling, pure and simple. It isn’t a serious suggestion by any means, it is, as I said, a douchebag post. Had you simply left it at “ what would Belichick do?” It would have been relevant, adding “will he drop down for a center?” Is a troll question. But you already knew that, it’s why you posted it.
Their most glaring need far and away is a qb. Wr is way way way down the list.

Unless they think either Cam or Stidham is their qb going forward.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back