PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Did Zappe Want To Say?

Mac is all pouty about not getting the chance to throw the Hail Mary.

Zappe is all passive aggressive seemingly wanting to deflect blame for that **** throw.

Great leaders we have at the most important position...
Crazy too because leadership was something we always had during the Brady years and that extended past Brady

Mac is all pouty about not getting the chance to throw the Hail Mary.

Zappe is all passive aggressive seemingly wanting to deflect blame for that **** throw.

Great leaders we have at the most important position...

I don't have that much of a problem with what Zappe said. Belichick has made comments like this in the past with a passive aggressive criticism of the refs. Zappe really hasn't done enough to get away with those comments, but I chock it up to inexperience speaking to the media.

As for Mac, I would be upset that the coaching staff didn't have enough confidence in me to make the throw but after his day I would have held my tongue. But I don't know if the choice not to throw the Hail Mary was just about Mac. I mean who were the WRs who were going to go deep quickly to be there for a Hail Mary throw? Thornton who was benched since midway through last week? Reagor who cannot catch a regular deep ball never mind a jump ball with multiple defenders around him?

As for Mac, I would be upset that the coaching staff didn't have enough confidence in me to make the throw but after his day I would have held my tongue. But I don't know if the choice not to throw the Hail Mary was just about Mac. I mean who were the WRs who were going to go deep quickly to be there for a Hail Mary throw? Thornton who was benched since midway through last week? Reagor who cannot catch a regular deep ball never mind a jump ball with multiple defenders around him?
I got the sense that Mac was a little more honest here because he was basically told, or at least got the impression, that he was no longer the starter, so he had little left to lose.

He either thought there should have been a penalty for offsides or holding. Not sure which.

If he threw the ball because he thought it was a free play due to offsides, it only makes the throw slightly better because you better see there was a flag thrown before you make a pass like that.
Source?

What source do I need for giving an opinion? Do I need need to give up my sources on how I form my opinions?
Oh I didn’t realize that categorically stating Zappe’s mental thought process, as if you’re certain he thought it was a free play, is an opinion.

1699888517889.png

This is like my 3 year old jumping off the couch and landing on his face and then crying and looking confused that he got hurt.

I love how Zappe immediately starts pointing around and making his excuses before he's finished with his follow-through.

Last edited:
The sequence was really bizarre.

First, the refs usually stop the clock for to ensure it was a first down.

The Pats should’ve taken a timeout as the clock continued to run.

Then you have the idiotic fake spike at mid field where it looked like a false start or neutral zone infraction occurred where Colts players were reacting like there should’ve been a penalty and the Pats hesitating on the play.

Zappe probably thought the play should’ve been stopped or a flag for DPI.

I cant see offsides in the replay. There may have been some contact but not nearly enough to warrant a flag, let alone make an issue out of it

Then you have the idiotic fake spike at mid field where it looked like a false start or neutral zone infraction occurred where Colts players were reacting like there should’ve been a penalty and the Pats hesitating on the play.

The run with Stevenson on 4th down was stupid as well. I get that we needed a yard for a 1st down but that play burned 20 seconds to bring it from .57 to .37 while still in our own territory.

Oh I didn’t realize that categorically stating Zappe’s mental thought process, as if you’re certain he thought it was a free play, is an opinion.

View attachment 54558

What part of the word "If" in "If he threw the ball because he thought it was a free play" did you not understand?

The Pats were out of timeouts. Hence the fake spike.

He wanted to say BB should have put him in earlier because he would not have made as horrendous an under throw as Mac did to Gesicki.

But then he remembered his forced pass into quadruple coverage and thought he best not utter the words.

What source do I need for giving an opinion? Do I need need to give up my sources on how I form my opinions?
Actually, someone said it in the postgame, not sure if it was Fauria or someone else, of course that was probably their opinion also.

He wanted to say “LOL Mac Jones is done, he’s never gonna’ see the field again as a Patriots starter no matter how much Brady-hater archstanton543 cries about it LOL!”

But he couldn’t.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back