PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your thoughts on Todd Bowles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really know too much about this guy, other than just reading about his past jobs and stuff. From what I can tell, though, he is someone who prepares the team very well, seems to be highly intelligent, and treats the players like adults where they know they need to stay in line but not with a Belichick-like system of control. I was listening to him a few weeks ago, talking about playing the Dolphins, and he basically said (paraphrasing) "These are professional athletes and grown men. They know what they need to do to win. They know what they need to do to lose." I can't remember the exact quote, but I liked it. He doesn't get too high after wins or low after losses and is always talking about ways to improve. Anyway, after watching the Jets do their typical suffering and melting down with clowns like Mangini and Ryan, have they finally found their guy? I realize we are only five games into his head coaching career, but I think he has the right philosophy and style to coach in New York.

Hard to judge newer HCs in the league because of strength of schedules, who can continue to lead when things get rough, whose voice starts to get ignored...

So far he seems to be a soft spoken, efficient coach who has the ear of his players. But time will tell.

He's a good coach it would seem. BB usually eats rookie HCs alive though. Coming into Gillette will be a tough go for any team.

but I think he has the right philosophy and style to coach in New York.

Why are you talking about him having the right philosophy and style to coach the Bills? I know the Jets are dumb but why would they can him soon so Bills could snatch him up o_O?

Why are you talking about him having the right philosophy and style to coach the Bills? I know the Jets are dumb but why would they can him soon so Bills could snatch him up o_O?

Sorry, meant to say New Jersey Cesspool.

He is the complete opposite of Rex. There is no bluster just action. He is was in philly for a while and did a good job. From the Johnson school of defense. Blitz and more blitz. I fear the Jets more now then ever.

I think he will have a very bright future with the Jets. They have a very good core team. Not sure about their cap situation and if key players are coming up for free agency, but if they are ok, they will be the main competition for the Pats for the next few years. I've seen this kid Bryce Petty play in the preseason, and I think he is their answer at QB. Fitz can be a game manager, but I feel Petty can do a lot more than that, he's got a lot of talent, would not be surprised if he is their starter next season.

Personally I'm hoping the Jets are in cap hell and lose key members of their team. But I'm pretty oblivious to their cap situation.

Yep, early indications are that the Jets might have actually gotten this one right.
Who was the last coach they had with common sense? (Not counting BB)

Herman Edwards? Parcells?

All I know is when he gets angry, they call it Irritable Bowles Syndrome.

I think he will have a very bright future with the Jets. They have a very good core team. Not sure about their cap situation and if key players are coming up for free agency, but if they are ok, they will be the main competition for the Pats for the next few years. I've seen this kid Bryce Petty play in the preseason, and I think he is their answer at QB. Fitz can be a game manager, but I feel Petty can do a lot more than that, he's got a lot of talent, would not be surprised if he is their starter next season.

Personally I'm hoping the Jets are in cap hell and lose key members of their team. But I'm pretty oblivious to their cap situation.

They have zero future. Zero. No QB and too good even now, to draft one. The D is either old and overpaid and getting older, or young and nearing massive pay days that the former won't allow them to be able to pay. The Jets are not in a good situation.

Well, the Jets defense is top 3 (or 4) in the league. It may be a tough fight for the Patriots.

Better than Seattles? Remember the O plays the D. Thankfully the Pats players aren't chicken littles. I have zero fear of the Jets. Zero.

They have zero future. Zero. No QB and too good even now, to draft one. The D is either old and overpaid and getting older, or young and nearing massive pay days that the former won't allow them to be able to pay. The Jets are not in a good situation.

Like reading that, would like to have some detail if you have the time and energy.

You can't help but like what you see so far. He handled the Geno Smith fiasco calmly and definitively and got his team over it as well as could be expected given his media market. He did a good job of getting his team past the "noise". Since the season started he has kept his under the radar and very "patriot-like".

But you really can't tell how a HC will do until he undergoes some adversity and see how he handles it. IIRC Josh McDaniels was big ,hit Denver at first., Wasn't he something like 6-0 to start. Then it all fell apart pretty quickly when they started losing games.

All I can say so far is "so far so good" if you are a Jet fan, and I don't like that. Lets see how he handles his first "boarder war" week.

They have zero future. Zero. No QB and too good even now, to draft one.

A certain 6th rounder says hello. And you don't have to go to that extreme to get a superbowl winning QB either. There's a 3rd rounder in the Pacific Northwest as well.

Not much to judge from so far, but he certainly has them playing and believing they can win every game. I'm a little nervous about this game.

Bowles has done a great job this season. That defense can make big plays in blitzing and in coverage. The weak spot is in the passing game: what kind of day Fitzpatrick has, whether the receivers hang onto the ball. Fitzpatrick played like a man possessed in the second half running in for touchdowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore