PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your expectations for Rob Gronkowski in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

“I would only assume — and it’s an assumption, it’s no knowledge — I would only assume that [Brady's] got to be very frustrated not only with the process of Gronkowski’s health but with the fact that he gave them this massive salary cap relief and he’s playing with a group of guys that clearly don’t compare to most of the teams he’s going to play against this year.”​

That is such a load of crap. As of April the Patriots had replaced Welker with Amendola, and expected Hernandez, Vareen, Ridley, and a healthy Gronk. Plus they drafted Dobson and Boyce and expected some of the flyers on guys like Ballard and Washington to pan out. Trying to paint that as the Patriots unwillingness to spend Brady's cap savings is bogus. I'm sure Brady is frustrated but I find it hard to believe it has to do with what King describes.

“I would only assume — and it’s an assumption, it’s no knowledge — I would only assume that [Brady's] got to be very frustrated not only with the process of Gronkowski’s health but with the fact that he gave them this massive salary cap relief and he’s playing with a group of guys that clearly don’t compare to most of the teams he’s going to play against this year.”​

That is such a load of crap. As of April the Patriots had replaced Welker with Amendola, and expected Hernandez, Vareen, Ridley, and a healthy Gronk. Plus they drafted Dobson and Boyce and expected some of the flyers on guys like Ballard and Washington to pan out. Trying to paint that as the Patriots unwillingness to spend Brady's cap savings is bogus. I'm sure Brady is frustrated but I find it hard to believe it has to do with what King describes.

I agree. We got screwed.

An offense of Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Vereen, Ridley, KT/Dobson would of been loaded to the max.

Two 7-8 million dollar TEs, a 5 million dollar WR, two 3rd year talented RBs, and rookies for depth, the front office did its job.

With the info we have I see anywhere from 10 TDs to amputation.

Turns out that Gronk won't play.

If he doesn't play this week then something is definitely wrong and he goes on IR.

I think you might be right. Honestly, the Pats may have to start building their offense around somebody else...

I really just don't want to experience the remainder of a season with Hooman and Mulligan as the TEs. Maybe the worst tandem in the league sans Gronk?

I have no expectations. Right now he's a non-factor that isn't contributing to the team on the field. Until he does, that's all he'll be - a non-factor.

I believe the Pats will be soon reaching the point where they IR him for the rest of the year. Imagine the scenario if he comes back and breaks his arm again. His career could be over. They should fire their team Doctor this man may have ruined Gronk's career with his quackery. After all there is a reason that the sox sent him packing

I believe the Pats will be soon reaching the point where they IR him for the rest of the year. Imagine the scenario if he comes back and breaks his arm again. His career could be over. They should fire their team Doctor this man may have ruined Gronk's career with his quackery. After all there is a reason that the sox sent him packing

IMO the pats can just wait and see like the colts did with Peyton there is no reason to IR him they are not going to sign anyone that will help the team with that roster spot so even if its week 13 or 14 just wait it out

Wow, what a depressing bunch of comments.

All I know is I expect him to be a huge upgrade over our current TE. If his wrist is 100% by Week 9 and gets 90% of his strength back by the end of the year I'll be happy.

I expect they take out the plate and hope he's ready next year.

If reports are to be believe (and that's a big if) then they are only holding him back because of some strange abscess/infection that makes his arm fragile. I don't pretend to be a doctor but I don't think something like that would heal properly without some season ending surgery.

Then again I think he is more likely to play this weekend then not. Or maybe that is just my wishful thinking.

As near as I can tell, the abscess was a problem that's been overcome. He's in the recovery stage, not the treatment stage, for it.

Expect nothing...you will never be disappointed

I expect they take out the plate and hope he's ready next year.

they should have removed the damn thing after he rebroke it and let it heal naturally...

He'll either play or he won't play. I expect nothing until it's announced he's playing (and even then he may only start off at 50%)

The 54th man who would take his spot isn't likely to provide that boost needed to help the offense. So, you have to ride ti out and see where it takes you. If he'd not ready by the bye then he's not likely to help out this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes