PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the patriots going to be investigated for this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
another year, another top 4 finish for the patriots.

You know what that means, its accusations time. Every year a team comes out and claims the patriots did something.

defied science and deflated some footballs, filmed some sidelines just like everyone else, somehow got the nfl to ship them faulty headsets.

So for your viewing eyes, i'd like to nominate the top 5 things a team is going to accuse the patriots of this year, and the results/penalties.

1.) They provide such a stable work environment! Their coordinators would rather stay then take head coaching jobs, thus providing year to year consistency in terms of coaching. This results in the creation of a rule that forces teams to changes coaches after winning x amount of championships, obviously this will only affect the patriots, forcing kraft to completely start over in terms of coaching.

2.)They get too much value out of their players! That guy was really bad, but now hes not bad? clearly that player was sandbagging it to try and get to the patriots, we want a mulligan. New rule created that if a player so far out performs the compensation, the team gets their player back and gets to keep the pick/player exchanged. Again only seems to affect the patriots.

3.)The patriots have a sleeper agent in the scheduling department. How else do you explain the fact that they got to play a home game as the #1 seed, while the #4 seed had to play on the road against the #2 seed? Coincidence? i think not. Whole scheduling dept fired, patriots lose their next 3 first rounders.

4.)Their players take too good of care of themselves. The patriots dont even have a taco tuesday! Results, NFL mandatory food that all players have to eat, the patriots somehow only seem to get nutraload all day, every day from the league office.

5.)The coach buys all the groceries. It's not fair that the coach is also the GM, where is the strife, where is the DRAMA? New rule the coach cant be the gm anymore, also the owner needs to stick his nose into everything.

#UnstoppableGate

"The New England Patriots are considered unstoppable and are forced to release all players and coaches into free agency in the name of parity and integrity, all new signings by New England can not be former players or coaches"

I went to the KC reddit last night to chat about that holding call.

A lot of the posts were complaining about the pseudo-parity in the NFL, complaining about having to watch the Patriots again. Reminds me a lot of crappy teams want Fraudger to be the crab at the bottom of the barrel, pulling the top crabs down.

I went to the KC reddit last night to chat about that holding call.

A lot of the posts were complaining about the pseudo-parity in the NFL, complaining about having to watch the Patriots again. Reminds me a lot of crappy teams want Fraudger to be the crab at the bottom of the barrel, pulling the top crabs down.

And just another example of how fans are fine with the Pats being severely punished, even when reasonable fans can clearly see the Pats committed no punishable offense in Defamegate.

And just another example of how fans are fine with the Pats being severely punished, even when reasonable fans can clearly see the Pats committed no punishable offense in Defamegate.

Hence the Feds should have launched an investigation once Goodell was caught in a lie while handing out the punishment. Sometimes an outside power needs to right some wrongs.

Hence the Feds should have launched an investigation once Goodell was caught in a lie while handing out the punishment. Sometimes an outside power needs to right some wrongs.

They tried that but two Federal judges out of four said Goodell can hand down whatever punishment he wants even if he's wrong.

#They bribed God for affecting playoff games scheduling, and more importantly - paying for an ice storm in the midwest.

#ICEGATE

there's going to be something for sure if the pats win. the steelers love to cry and cry and cry some more when things don't go their way.

Nothing if they lose. Probably headsets if they win.

They tried that but two Federal judges out of four said Goodell can hand down whatever punishment he wants even if he's wrong.
Surprised he didn't sentence Brady to death, they'd probably uphold it. Steelers fans would still say he got off easy.

A prime target would be some performance-enhancement allegations for how Brady is essentially anti-aging. Media latches onto Guerrero's history and uses to tarnish Brady.

You can call me a tin-foiled chicken little but if I would have predicted the league/media would make an ordeal out of deflated footballs even after they knew full well science accommodated for the air loss you would have probably called me worse things.

#AvocadoIceCreamGate

Headsets, guaranteed.

Absolutely!

The League has control over those headsets. If they don't work, it's on the League, not the Pats.

You've GOT to be kidding!
Anyone in science* or engineering* instantly knew that the IGL was in play when the ball inflation issues was first mentioned.
YET the NYJFL front office continued their jihad.
Abetted by an uncritical, lapdog media.

Why do you think that suddenly facts would matter if the 31 got their panties all atwist again?

"Pats sabotage sacrosanct NFL equipment!"

* excepting bloviators without thinking NdGT and Bill Nye

Don't give them any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey