PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a rough season

Lambeau12

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Hey Patriot fans I just wanted to say what a horrible season for both of our teams. I personally think we’re the worst team in football and if you guys ever wanted to get your season back on track just play us and you would. This is the worst Packers team since Lindy Infante in 1991. I think this is your worst season probably since 1993 I’m guessing before Bledsoe? Hang in there. We’re not used to this at all. I’m thinking this could be the 70s and 80s all over again.

Thanks, but don't think it will be like the late 80's/early 90's again for us.

We basically are missing two of our best defensive players in Judon and the rookie Gonzalez. We are missing our #1 receiver in Bourne as well. And the offensive line took like 6-7 games to gel a bit. We are 2-5 in one score games this year so far. Even the most pessimistic Pats fan in ore-season had us marked down as 4-6 by this point (losses to PHI, DAL, MIA 2x, BUF, and the NYJ w/ Rodgers...and wins vs. NO/LV/WAS/IND). The reason we have sucked is all on offense...we just can't score points nor put together figgie drives at least once a quarter.....

All we need is: QB, WR, and OT and we are likely to remedy that in the off-season with likely a top 7 draft pick and massive cap space.

We basically are missing two of our best defensive players in Judon and the rookie Gonzalez. We are missing our #1 receiver in Bourne as well. And the offensive line took like 6-7 games to gel a bit. We are 2-5 in one score games this year so far. Even the most pessimistic Pats fan in ore-season had us marked down as 4-6 by this point (losses to PHI, DAL, MIA 2x, BUF, and the NYJ w/ Rodgers...and wins vs. NO/LV/WAS/IND). The reason we have sucked is all on offense...we just can't score points nor put together figgie drives at least once a quarter.....
And they've been wasting a ton of downs trying to make fetch, er, Parker and Smith-Schuster happen.

Packers wasted a 1st round pick on Love when they had needs elsewhere. Packers were overmatched going to against SF in 2019 so they took a QB in the 1st round. Went back to the NFCCG and were overmatched again against the Bucs.

Some teams do some really bizarre ****.

Every season in the NFL is a sprint... But on the whole the NFL is a marathon...

Few tweaks here, few nudges there and we'll be back in the race...

@archstanton543

So you disagree with me trying to put a positive spin on things? Ugh...

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

I disagree that the Pats a a player or two and a couple of tweaks away.
Huh, didn't think I needed to be exactly specific about what the team needs in a light hearted post... Guess you are going to do you no matter what...

Huh, didn't think I needed to be exactly specific about what the team needs in a light hearted post... Guess you are going to do you no matter what...
I used an emoji. Relax.

Hey Patriot fans I just wanted to say what a horrible season for both of our teams. I personally think we’re the worst team in football and if you guys ever wanted to get your season back on track just play us and you would. This is the worst Packers team since Lindy Infante in 1991. I think this is your worst season probably since 1993 I’m guessing before Bledsoe? Hang in there. We’re not used to this at all. I’m thinking this could be the 70s and 80s all over again.

Seems you dropped in since misery loves company. ;)

Packers wasted a 1st round pick on Love when they had needs elsewhere. Packers were overmatched going to against SF in 2019 so they took a QB in the 1st round. Went back to the NFCCG and were overmatched again against the Bucs.

Some teams do some really bizarre ****.
I really thought we were just as good as the Bucs that year. In 2019 SF was just the way better team.

All we need is: QB, WR, and OT and we are likely to remedy that in the off-season with likely a top 7 draft pick and massive cap space.
I think it possibly will be like that for us though lol.

Every season in the NFL is a sprint... But on the whole the NFL is a marathon...

Few tweaks here, few nudges there and we'll be back in the race...

You two live in fantasyland. Nudges, tweaks, and just three players away isn't "putting a positive spin on things" it's being delusional. The notion that we just snap our fingers and find a franchise QB is insane. Some organizations spend decades looking for the right guy. This team needs a total tear down and to be rebuilt from the ground up with a new coach, GM, and about 75% of the roster.

You two live in fantasyland. Nudges, tweaks, and just three players away isn't "putting a positive spin on things" it's being delusional. The notion that we just snap our fingers and find a franchise QB is insane. Some organizations spend decades looking for the right guy. This team needs a total tear down and to be rebuilt from the ground up with a new coach, GM, and about 75% of the roster.

That's a bit extreme. NFL teams turn things around quickly all the time, ample precedent for that. I'm not predicting the Patriots will win the division next season but they have a shot at being competitive via good free-agent acquisitions (tons of cap room for that) and a good draft, which they'll be in position for. There are some building blocks on the roster, not all position groups are barren. Many shoes left to drop, though, foremost being what happens with coaching and GM.

That's a bit extreme. NFL teams turn things around quickly all the time, ample precedent for that. I'm not predicting the Patriots will win the division next season but they have a shot at being competitive via good free-agent acquisitions (tons of cap room for that) and a good draft, which they'll be in position for. There are some building blocks on the roster, not all position groups are barren. Many shoes left to drop, though, foremost being what happens with coaching and GM.
Not that it needed to happen for me to understand. But this season more than any just shows what happens when a organization misses on a QB. Your right in that NFL teams can turn things around quickly. Houston is a prime example of this. Once we get a QB and some upgrades on offense we could be back into contention.

I am probably being a bit pessimistic but at best I see this as, at a minimum, a three year timeframe before we win a playoff game again and that is assuming Bill is gone and a new regime is in place. As of right now we should be in a good spot for one of the top two quarterbacks in the draft and if we hit on the guy then we're right in line to be a true threat in the post season wishing three years. I still think three years even with the guy because I think so much of the offense needs to be retooled. Likely going to need at least one new tackle and a potential upgrade over strange at guard. Going to basically have to blow up the receiver room outside of Douglas. Maybe bring back Henry at TE but will need an upgrade there very soon and also some depth behind him. The backup QB spot will also need to be addressed with an actual backup quarterback capable of keeping the team at .500 if he needs to play for multiple games. Ideally most of this will be done through good drafting with free agency to supplement but either way a roster this bad is going to take some time to rebuild.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back