PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What’s wrong with me? C’s and B’s are in the playoffs... it’s baseball season... and yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say it was my list, just the two that always seem to come up ;)
Personally I'd say the top 5 are Orr followed by Maurice Richard, Howe, Jean Beliveau and Bobby Hull. I have a real problem putting guys that couldn't find their own end without a map ahead of any of them.

If that’s your criteria, you have to include Mark Messier as well

If that’s your criteria, you have to include Mark Messier as well

Not in my top 5 I don't. There's always a YMMV factor but Messier doesn't breathe the same air as the 5 I listed. Did you see any of them play in their primes? Only someone with an Oilers or Rangers homer bias would put him in the top 5 conversation. I don't want to further derail someone else's thread over this but it has potential for discussion in the Pub if you want to go further with it

Last edited:
There are online options available for out of town fans.

I couldn't care less about Basketball which has put me with odds of where I moved (CBB rules here in the Triangle), but am actively engaged with the Bs and Sox.

Reddit has entire boards for out of town streamers available assuming you could cast them to your tv from your phone/tablet or laptop or via a built in browser on a SmartTv/FireStick.

Reddit games buffer and freeze up.

NFL games do at least and its very seldom that you get a stream that does not act up.

For me:

Patriots: 24/7/365....I try to go to a road game once a year if possible (tough to do living in CA) and make a visit to TC if I am seeing my folks in Boston. Otherwise, it's Sunday Ticket for me every Sunday...and patsfans.com/Reiss/Curran/PFT/Peter King rest of the week.

Celtics: They would be my "1b" team....I catch national games on TNT/ESPN whenever I can during the season. Then watch every play-off game. Read all articles and etc... but in general, I don't follow the NBA like I did back in the 90's...in those days I was a huge basketball junkie...NBA/NCAA/and even some high school & AAU ball.

Sox: They would be a DISTANT 3rd for me...I just watch the standings every day....catch a few games vs. the Yankees on National TV during the season...mostly innings 6-9 only. Then come the playoffs, I'll watch almost every game...might miss 2-3 games at the start of a series and watch series clinching games.

Bruins: They would be a DISTANT 4th for me...never watch a game during the season. In the playoffs, I watch more and more as they proceed towards the cup. And even then, I just catch only the 3rd period usually.

Revolution: Never watched a damn game.... but if they make the MLS Cup again....I might give it a watch if nothing better is on TV.

It really comes down to regulating how much sports I watch...during football season I am watching TNF, 2 games on Sunday, SNF, and MNF...that's 15 hours a week right there for 17 weeks....then all 11 play-off games...another 33 hours. So, in total I watch 288 hours minus about 12 hours for games I miss here and there = 276 hours of NFL football during the season! That is like 11.5 full days wasted out of 365 (3.1%)....and I sleep/work 66% of the year, LOL!

For NBA ball, I watch about 40 games a year...all Celtic playoff/national games plus the Finals/Conference Finals....that's about 90-100 hours of TV time.

Because of all of this...I hardly watch NCAA ball on Saturdays....Saturday is my FOMO* day.

*Fear Of Missing Out

Reddit games buffer and freeze up.

NFL games do at least and its very seldom that you get a stream that does not act up.

Havent had an issue with MLB and NHL (which would be smaller demand wise).

I don't use it for football.

Streaming NFL games is great if you don’t mind your buddies sending you texts celebrating a touchdown about 2 minutes before you actually get to see it...

Talk about hitting the way back button. I worked at the Eastside and Brandy's one And two.
It was Ricky who hired me for my first bar job at KKKKaty's at the Kenmore club. So many good stories coming out of those jobs. I could do one a day and still have more in October.

Damn, you got around man. I just did it occasionally.
I'll never forget the first time I went to see Marinick working at the Rat. Must have been early 80's because most of their acts were punk, which I'm not a fan of. But I got a few free drinks. Near the end of the night, he pulls on these tight- fitting black gloves, I guess so he wouldn't actually kill someone if he hit them. It was a rowdy place but his rep was already established. No one ever messed with him. And the guy wasn't that big. Maybe 5'11-6'. Also always came across as one of the politest,nicest people you'd meet. But he was a badass mfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye