PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WFAN: Moss met with Jets on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sanchez had to deal with Moss he'd implode, along with the rest of the team.

There has been a pretty strong media reaction in NY against signing Moss, mainly because they feel that Sanchez is already out of his depth trying to get the ball to both Edwards and S. Moss (when his favorite target really is Dustin Keller). Adding Randy to the mix makes it an almost untenable situation. I doubt very much that we will see it, but with the current Jets management "Never say 'Never.'"

Off topic, I watched nearly the entire Packers-Jets game and thought that LT has definitely already lost some of the "pop" he had in his legs the first couple of games; he's not getting around the corner and he's not exploding through holes the way he did in September. I think he'll be back to his last few years' level of performance by December.

Can you imagine the chemistry in the locker room if they stick Moss between Revis and Cromartie??? LOL Their would have to be a lot of backtracking going on...

Not if it was players unless they were acting at the behest of the team. It's one of the backdoor ways of tampering that is difficult to prove and seldom persued. If it was members of the JETS staff who are not players, then they would be in trouble if the rules concerning tampering apply to waiver wire players prior to being claimed.

If Moss is fielding offers it's a good indication he once again hasn't heard a thing from the NEP regarding his having any place in their future. And he's probably in need of a hug to boot.

Ah okay, thanks. It sounds like he can't hear from the NEP even if we wanted to extend him an offer for these same reasons.

......But since I only have around 300 posts, I deem myself unworthy of starting threads as of yet. Maybe when I rack up 'bout a thousand.

Classic. What a circus that would be.

Dude, come on...doesn't matter how many posts you have. If you have legit points, all threads - positive or negative - would be welcome. So, don't hesitate to start a new thread. :)

Agree on the last point. It would be entertaining for us to see Moss with the Jesters and handle Rex along with Mr. Classy.

Report: Moss spent Tuesday with Jets players | ProFootballTalk.com

More interestingly, Moss was in BOSTON on Monday.

Craig Carton of WFAN reports that Moss spent Tuesday meeting with members of the Jets.

"Randy Moss, I've learned, was in Boston Monday, and was in New Jersey yesterday. Meaning, you've got yourself the Patriots and the Jets talking about Randy Moss," Carton said during his daily morning show with Boomer Esiason.

Can you imagine the chemistry in the locker room if they stick Moss between Revis and Cromartie??? LOL Their would have to be a lot of backtracking going on...

Would this really be any worse than them bringing in Jason Taylor?

Moss is interested in the Jets began after Hard Knocks. Mark and Randy spent the entire time discussing the quality of the "god damn" snack. Randy has a high level of confidence in Ryan's ability to provide high quality food as food is a major aspect of Rex's life. :)

It would be good for Sanchez, he has a great deep ball. Very accurate. Brady lofted it too much.

I think eventually he would become a distraction, probably become unhinged and unhappy pretty soon.

Moss going to the Dolphins would bother me much more than if he were t go to the Jests.

Sporano has the personality to control Moss and Henne the ability to get Moss the ball deep. Moss won't get none of that in Jersey.

Hopefully Miami's cafeteria food sucks!

I say let him come to the division. We can handle Randy Moss.

Whatever team takes him HAS to make him a starter or he'll be angry and disruptive. Should make for good entertainment.

Just not buying it. After all the posturing about him being a "slouch", I can't see them bringing him in.

I think he hits free agency. Just my $0.02

They can't do that, it would be tampering. They can't talk to him until he clears waivers, which is 4 PM today.
Are you sure about this? He isn't a member of the Vikings anymore. He is free for anyone to claim.

It is reasonable if a team is about to claim a player with a huge salary, that they have a chance to at least interview him.

Not really, he was in RI, which is where his home was while he was playing here. A neighbor called or texted into WEEI and confirmed he was there. To NY'ers it's all Boston... He told Chilly he wasn't flying home with the team and would remain here for a couple of days to visit family. That's normal behavior for a recently traded player returning to his prior in season home (although the courteous ones ask permission rather than inform their HC). He had no idea at the time he would be waived, that decision wasn't made until sometime Monday afternoon and he wasn't even informed in advance - only his former teamates were, and he was due back in Minny on Wednesday for practice otherwise. Tuesday is an off day for most players in season. When the story broke Tom's reaction was a pretty clear indication he hadn't heard... <sigh>...no comment.

Are you sure about this? He isn't a member of the Vikings anymore. He is free for anyone to claim.

It is reasonable if a team is about to claim a player with a huge salary, that they have a chance to at least interview him.

He remains under contract to Minnesota pending his awarding to another team or his clearing waivers. The JETS are now denying (adamantly) any contact with Moss. That would lead me to believe that it would be tampering and they want to squelch that talk pdq. The Sanchise may have been freelancing, and that might not sit too well with his existing boys...who are already a little testy about questions concerning spreading the ball to no avail...

Even in the draft you can't talk contract with a player unless you have the #1 pick. You can do your due diligence about character and assess his talent/fitness...but you can't talk about what it would take to sign him.

he is not going to the jets.. .i will be shocked...

The rumors would all be a lot more interesting if Moss were a free agent. At this point he can dine with Sanchez, dance with Edwards and go to the spa with Tomlinson, and it won't matter if a team higher in the waiver order puts in a claim.

dont fix it unless its broken

...or youre the jets :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore