PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes welker forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
He dropped a Super Bowl, he's dead to me.

I'm not ignoring it. But too often people treat it as the sole reason for the loss. Just like the the Harper muffed punt is supposedly the only reason we lost homefield advantage. Complete nonsense!

umm it pretty much would have won the game for us. Both instances.

After the Welker/Patriots fall out the Patriots have put an emphasis on acquiring Slightly Bigger Receivers who have a Larger catch radius. That said Edelman or Amendola makes that catch! Love what Wes did for us in his stint and real sorry he didn't get a Ring same goes for Moss.
Jules and Danny have had a few drops themselves

Not sure how he could think that. That wasn't going to be a slow-developing play. The ball was on the 3 or so. Whatever Eli was going to do he was going to do fast. There wasn't going to be some 7-step drop there. And surely Eli was told to throw it away if anyone got close to him. Only way you're getting a sack there is a coverage sack. Which implies there being coverage.
Not to mention the Pats had been struggling to get to Manning all game, even when they blitzed.

SB 46
2012 AFCCG

No.

umm it pretty much would have won the game for us. Both instances.

We should stop blaming Wes. Yes, I wish he caught the pass but NE didn't play good enough to win the game. If anything, that early safety potentially changed the entire game. Nobody mentions that though.

Wes got more numbers and was maybe had more consistent production but Jules shows up big in the big games and makes championship plays when they are needed. I think back to the Super Bowl when Edelman kept making plays at the end when it looked like he had a concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe