PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to the Vikings - at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just taking a closer look at the scoring in the past few games the Vikes have played ...

Since the beginning of October, the Vikes' defense has given up:

PHL = 21
ARZ = 10*
NYJ = 17 (garbage time rush TD by Darnold)
NOL = 23*
DET = 9
CHI = 18*
GBY = 17
Median = 17

* The Vikes' offense has given up three scores to opposing defenses - ARZ (fumble return), NOL and CHI (pick-sixes). For the Bears, the 4th-Q pick six was their winning score.

Of the six rushing TDs the Vikes' defense has allowed (all from inside the 10), three were by QBs (Josh Allen had two, Darnold had one). They've allowed only four passing TDs from inside the 10, and five from outside the red zone (14 total passing TDs). The Vikes' defense is #1 in the red zone (allowing only 43%).

The Vike's defense has also scored three times: Mike Hughes pick-six on Garoppolo, fumble returns by Hunter (v. DET) and by Linval Joseph (v. Philly, which turned out to be the Vikes' winning score).
-----
The Vikes' offense has scored 10 times on big plays from outside the red zone ... eight passes (Diggs = 3, Thielen = 3, Robinson = 1, Cook = 1), plus Murray has had rushing TDs of 21 yds and 38 yds. So, 10 of the Vikes' 28 total offensive scores have come from big plays. The Vikes' offense is 25th in red-zone scoring (51%). The Vikes' current kicker (Dan Bailey) is 15/20 on FG attempts, 4/8 from 40+ yards. They've allowed one blocked punt.

The Pats' defense has allowed big plays for scores only five times - all passes.

It's just so baffling to me. The guy had 120+ catches at Indy and a decent catch %. I remember him at Indy. He was very functional.

Here its like hes brand new to the position.

I know hes an excellent run/pass blocker so whatever...

With Indy, Allen was targeted, on average, almost four times per game. With the Pats, he's averaged one target per game (with a 50% catch rate).

With Indy, Allen was targeted, on average, almost four times per game. With the Pats, he's averaged one target per game (with a 50% catch rate).
I understand he was never going to be TE1 here or put up numbers similar to Indy but with him it's HOW he has looked in the passing game.

Hes looked uncoordinated, clumsy and foreign to the position.

Just taking a closer look at the scoring in the past few games the Vikes have played ...

Since the beginning of October, the Vikes' defense has given up:

PHL = 21
ARZ = 10*
NYJ = 17 (garbage time rush TD by Darnold)
NOL = 23*
DET = 9
CHI = 18*
GBY = 17
Median = 17

* The Vikes' offense has given up three scores to opposing defenses - ARZ (fumble return), NOL and CHI (pick-sixes). For the Bears, the 4th-Q pick six was their winning score.

Of the six rushing TDs the Vikes' defense has allowed (all from inside the 10), three were by QBs (Josh Allen had two, Darnold had one). They've allowed only four passing TDs from inside the 10, and five from outside the red zone (14 total passing TDs). The Vikes' defense is #1 in the red zone (allowing only 43%).

The Vike's defense has also scored three times: Mike Hughes pick-six on Garoppolo, fumble returns by Hunter (v. DET) and by Linval Joseph (v. Philly, which turned out to be the Vikes' winning score).
-----
The Vikes' offense has scored 10 times on big plays from outside the red zone ... eight passes (Diggs = 3, Thielen = 3, Robinson = 1, Cook = 1), plus Murray has had rushing TDs of 21 yds and 38 yds. So, 10 of the Vikes' 28 total offensive scores have come from big plays. The Vikes' offense is 25th in red-zone scoring (51%). The Vikes' current kicker (Dan Bailey) is 15/20 on FG attempts, 4/8 from 40+ yards. They've allowed one blocked punt.

The Pats' defense has allowed big plays for scores only five times - all passes.
No question the Vikes have a very, very good D.

I think this game will be fairly low scoring. Yay!

No question the Vikes have a very, very good D.

I think this game will be fairly low scoring. Yay!

The Pats defense getting some takeaways would be really good (as would not giving up any big plays). And, of course, the Pat offense and ST need to practice excellent ball security - don't give Cousins a short field off a giveaway.

If the Pats' D can play solid for 60 minutes, it seems to me that they should be able to hold the Minny offense to 20 points or less. If they get lucky with a defensive score (or Diggs not being able to play), maybe under 15.

Then, it becomes a matter of the Pats offense scoring, say, 23 or more.

The Pats defense getting some takeaways would be really good (as would not giving up any big plays). And, of course, the Pat offense and ST need to practice excellent ball security - don't give Cousins a short field off a giveaway.

If the Pats' D can play solid for 60 minutes, it seems to me that they should be able to hold the Minny offense to 20 points or less. If they get lucky with a defensive score (or Diggs not being able to play), maybe under 15.

Then, it becomes a matter of the Pats offense scoring, say, 23 or more.
I think we'll have to score at least 27 to win.

I believe they prefer to be known as "entertainers" thank you.
I guess the question I have for him is that if he gets her in the sack and slides his hand up her dress and feels a girthy banger between her legs, is he still doing it? I would hope not but money’s money.

Lol is that a hooker?
rntKywe.jpg

Logical questions.. on football board.o_O Um. Girlfriend ok.? I bought the shoes and dress.. and we took some pics. Enjoy.. :cool:

Last edited:
Totally normal to post pics of WaGs and our cuddling plans on this board. We all do on the reg.

Ok. Vikings game at home.. back to football for you bad boys. Probly should visit and then make your observations.. :pyikes.

First thought is December has arrived and this is Patriots time to gel as a team like their record in December through the years indicates.. last week was warm up game and this week its build on that success. Convincing victory. IMO

When they say stuff like that I wish they’d clarify if they mean “stomach ‘flu’” (i.e. something like norovirus) or actual influenza.
Or rhinovirus, etc. Brady missed practice last Friday with an unspecified illness and played Sunday. I hope it's the same deal here.

Totally normal to post pics of WaGs and our cuddling plans on this board. We all do on the reg.

Haha.. that's the boring alternative I don't subscribe to ... Bigger point is to entertain or go down having fun. these boards kinda suck when they get all PC and pompous. . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST