PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On to the Steelers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who's with me? I pledge not to read any more threads or respond to any more deflategate, spygate, crapgate stuff. My offseason was stolen from me, robbing me of the ability to enjoy a Superbowl (Superbowl!!) victory for my favorite team. I'm tired of reading about it and wringing my hands over it.

Right now the only thing I want to think about is what the first play from scrimmage will be and whether the Steelers are going to start out as slowly as they did last season (I sure hope so!).

What do you think our first play from scrimmage will be? I'd say short outside pass to Edelman or Amendola to get the ball rolling so to speak. What say you?

I'm tired as well, I would suggest to concentrate all these other threads in a separated forum. During the course of the process I thought it was relevant to keep in the main forum, it's no more. Brady is free and Kraft is playing the owners game.

**** those draft picks as well.

What do you think our first play from scrimmage will be? I'd say short outside pass to Edelman or Amendola to get the ball rolling so to speak. What say you?
Play action to Gronk up the seam.

Oline, Dobson,secondary interest me this week as well as who the hell is running the ball.

Stopping Antonio Brown and Big Ben. Steelers missing key oline and RB. Can they exploit it? Can the front 7 manhandle this team? Can their front 7 manhandle ours?

No, let's talk about deflategate instead.

Any word on Stork today?

Oline, Dobson,secondary interest me this week as well as who the hell is running the ball.

Stopping Antonio Brown and Big Ben. Steelers missing key oline and RB. Can they exploit it? Can the front 7 manhandle this team? Can their front 7 manhandle ours?

No, let's talk about deflategate instead.
I am looking forward to our defensive front getting to Big Ben. Historically he holds the ball too long, and with his depleted O-line, and our seemingly improved pass rush, I am hoping for good things. Last year if I recall the Steelers (got the spelling right this time) got off to a terrible start, way worse than our sloppy start, which I have come to expect from Brady & Co. However, I am hoping the cover-up of Gronk all pre-season means they have something special planned for the opener.

I am looking forward to our defensive front getting to Big Ben. Historically he holds the ball too long, and with his depleted O-line, and our seemingly improved pass rush, I am hoping for good things. Last year if I recall the Steelers (got the spelling right this time) got off to a terrible start, way worse than our sloppy start, which I have come to expect from Brady & Co. However, I am hoping the cover-up of Gronk all pre-season means they have something special planned for the opener.

Really hoping to see Gronk and Chandler on the same field.

Thank you some football discussion. This board is becoming unbearable.

Sucks about stork. Really concerned for his career. He's great when healthy but these concussions are worrisome.

I can't wait for Thursday night, and it's even better that the coward Goddell will not be there ! Lets go Pats!!!!

Amen to the OP !

- Can the Pats cover A. Brown? He will get his yards I am sure.
- Stork out so how do folks feel about that?
- Big Ben, well he holds the ball too long as noted already but he aint easy to get to the ground or, often makes a spectacular play while scrambling, thoughts?
- Can the Pats run against the Steeler D?
- Can Dobson shine?

Really hoping to see Gronk and Chandler on the same field.
Yes, I forgot about this too. When Chandler caught that TD during preseason from Brady I thought he looked a lot like Gronk. Both together will be something to see!

Amen to the OP !

- Can the Pats cover A. Brown? He will get his yards I am sure.
- Stork out so how do folks feel about that?
- Big Ben, well he holds the ball too long as noted already but he aint easy to get to the ground or, often makes a spectacular play while scrambling, thoughts?
- Can the Pats run against the Steeler D?
- Can Dobson shine?
It's pretty ironic that we are both missing our starting RBs to start the season, for the same reason! I am thinking the Pats are not going to focus on the run too much offensively or we would not have let Jonas Gray go. I also think the Pats are going to focus on getting Big Ben to the ground (agreed he's hard to get down sometimes) rather than hoping our "new and improved" secondary will handle Brown on their own. Bend don't break baby - keep him in front of you.

Edit - I don't expect much from Dobson. I guess I am in the class of people who is not impressed by him and wonder why the Pats keep him around (other than because of LaFell's injury). Of course, two years ago I also said Gronk would never be the same, so shows you what I know.

Steelers also without Pouncey. That's big. The front seven can have a field day, lets hope we actually tackle Big Ben

I feel like we don't really need a big effort from the running game on thursday. Here's why.

With Gronk and Chandler, we can line them up together on one side, one at the end of line and one in the slot and play lots of bubble screens. That's almost like a run. Depends if the D is gonna cover those 2 with LBs or DBs. If they press with LBs, hit them on the seam. If CB, run on them. I don't see anyone on their team able to match up with BOTH gronk and chandler. If they shift the D to their side, then someone has a one on one on the other side. Cadet, Lewis & white should be able to beat their cover guy on the wheel route or a quick out.

I think we're gonna use the superbowl strategy. Get rid of the ball out fast and short.

I can see a NE TE staying in a lot to help with blocking.

Lot of similarities to the two team's situations:

- Both missing their starting C (most likely)
- Both missing their starting RB to a suspension
- Both missing their WR2
- Both could be considered as using a different defensive scheme. In the Pats case, it's less scheme and more "focus", going from a coverage centered defense to a (hopefully) front seven strong defense.

Add in that this is a season opener, and it could be a weird, ugly game. Everyone's talking about the FU tour version 2.0, but honestly if we win by 1 point I'll be perfectly happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back