PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Today's loss stings, though there's no shame in losing to a top team in their house that was unbeaten coming in. However, it's time to move on.

Another tough road test coming up in a nationally televised game against a team coming off a huge road win. This game means more now than ever with today's loss. The Broncos look to be on their way to another W against the overrated, and overmatched Chiefs team, so the Patriots can ill afford to allow another one to slip away or their vice grip on the #1 could disappear in an instant.

Fortunately, the Chargers are weak in their back-end. It's an area I think the Patriots can exploit, along with that, Rivers isn't Rodgers. The Patriots should have a much more favorable match up against their offense than they did the Packers. Rodgers was killing them early with his legs today, that's something they won't have to account for with the immobile statuesque Rivers back there.

This is a very winnable game, and I'd like to think the Patriots will be look for redemption after today's tough loss. I like their chances.

The chargers have a good record a home but i think we can squeeze a win with a good game plan. Unlike Rodgers, rivers is not as mobile and makes more mistake.

Pats are going to blow the doors off San Diego.

I expect to see Collins and Hightower constantly up the middle on blitzes. Chargers are on like their 5th Center this year.

I expect to see Collins and Hightower constantly up the middle on blitzes. Chargers are on like their 5th Center this year.

This. Balt killed Rivers all game and i think we can do the same up the middle. SD D is nothing special at all. Pats win this one by 2 TDs after a close lose to GB. SD coming off a very big come from behind win

i also wanna see more run, we have punishing back in Blount, there is no excuse no to give this guy at least 20 touches.

Chargers are weak vs the run, I think our RBs will get a good amount of work

i also wanna see more run, we have punishing back in Blount, there is no excuse no to give this guy at least 20 touches.

Agreed. More Blount and even Gray, too. I better not see them run Vereen up the middle for the rest of the season. 80% of the time, it's a no-gain and a WASTE of a play.

Chargers are weak vs the run, I think our RBs will get a good amount of work

So is Green Bay and we saw how that played out tonight.

Agreed. More Blount and even Gray, too. I better not see them run Vereen up the middle for the rest of the season. 80% of the time, it's a no-gain and a WASTE of a play.

Agree completely. He dances around back and forth, then the line collapses on him. Gray hits the hole and goes, nothing fancy

stadium will be FULL of pats fans. Lots of pats fans in SoCal. Expect a semi home game out there for them Sunday

It's a 9-3 team on the back end of a 2 game road trip vs. an 8-4 team, who just won their 3rd straight in a tough environment and currently have a good amount of momentum.

I obviously hope you're right, but I can envision a tough game just as well. I'm probably going to say a 10 point victory in the prediction thread.

This. Balt killed Rivers all game and i think we can do the same up the middle.

Understanding that your comment needs to be taken into context, Baltimore obviously didn't kill Rivers all game if he was still able to put up close to 400 yds, 3 touchdowns, 34 points, and a victory.

I get what you're saying, but let's just say that I'm glad that our coaches don't sleep on teams 1/2 as much as posters here do ;)

Understanding that your comment needs to be taken into context, Baltimore obviously didn't kill Rivers all game if he was still able to put up close to 400 yds, 3 touchdowns, 34 points, and a victory.

I get what you're saying, but let's just say that I'm glad that our coaches don't sleep on teams 1/2 as much as posters here do ;)

Every other play rivers was getting hit and pressure on him. He made some great throws under pressure...but will throw more INTs under that pressure

Ravens secondary sucks this year

Every other play rivers was getting hit and pressure on him. He made some great throws under pressure...but will throw more INTs under that pressure

Ravens secondary sucks this year

Agreed about the BAL secondary, and I definitely agree that we should try and get more pressure (goes without saying), but Rivers and company can certainly compete much better than some seem to be suggesting.

That all said, I get where you're going with it and I agree. We need to get some pressure on Rivers and hopefully force him into throwing a couple of picks on Sunday night.

With a decently hot team who is fighting for a postseason spot at home on SNF in primetime, I just don't see the same "blowout" that some are predicting, that's all.

Them being on their 4th center should open the door for blitzes up the middle. Bring the house and see if they can hold. Not all the time. But they should be able to get more pressure on Rivers then they did rodgers.

I just see the pats coning out on fire this game. They play very well after a big loss and in prime time as well.

Them being on their 4th center should open the door for blitzes up the middle. Bring the house and see if they can hold. Not all the time. But they should be able to get more pressure on Rivers then they did rodgers.

I just see the pats coning out on fire this game. They play very well after a big loss and in prime time as well.

I agree that they should come out playing well after a loss.

Considering no west coast team has ever won in Baltimore , this was a gutsy win for them . Mike McCoy is another of those coaches who is gameplan specific and not really fearful or conservative. Gates is the most difficult matchup along with allen. Wont be surprised if they put browner on gates.

Considering no west coast team has ever won in Baltimore , this was a gutsy win for them . Mike McCoy is another of those coaches who is gameplan specific and not really fearful or conservative. Gates is the most difficult matchup along with allen. Wont be surprised if they put browner on gates.

Antonio Gates, Keenan Allen, 6'5" Malcolm Floyd, and now with Ryan Matthews back at RB, they've improved in that area as well.

I'm not meaning to suggest that they're the second coming of the 1980s SF 49'ers, but they certainly have the capacity to play very tough. For me, it's one of those games that we should win, but I can see a tight game just as well.

Let's hope they come out and pick up where they left off prior to yesterday's loss, rack up 50, and never look back from now until Feb. 1st.

Antonio Gates, Keenan Allen, 6'5" Malcolm Floyd, and now with Ryan Matthews back at RB, they've improved in that area as well.

I'm not meaning to suggest that they're the second coming of the 1980s SF 49'ers, but they certainly have the capacity to play very tough. For me, it's one of those games that we should win, but I can see a tight game just as well.

Let's hope they come out and pick up where they left off prior to yesterday's loss, rack up 50, and never look back from now until Feb. 1st.

If they want #1 seed..they will win this game...they struggle and lose...well this is like last year all over again. So lets get that #1

Maybe Browner on Gates. Allen on Revis Island

Green Bay game will be forgotten with a good performance in San Diego. Go Pats, dont harp on Green Bay. This game is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News