PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wentz on COVID list

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Not the best timing if we are looking for the Raiders to drop a game to them letting us clinch playoffs with a W over the Jags.

Colts lose and the Pats jump ahead of them for now with a win on Sunday but we don’t have the tiebreaker on them unfortunately. They play the Jags in week 18 :D

He is lucky though. With a ten day mandatory, he will be back before the Jags game. And of course, he is better off getting now than in the playoffs.

So this is not working out for the Pats at all. It's likely they will have to win in Miami to get in.....BUT if that Miami game is a win and your're in scenario and they DO win down in South Florida that would bring some massive momentum going into the wild card game.

So this is not working out for the Pats at all. It's likely they will have to win in Miami to get in.....BUT if that Miami game is a win and your're in scenario and they DO win down in South Florida that would bring some massive momentum going into the wild card game.

Looking at playoff predictor scenarios, if the Raiders and Dolphins win out and Colts win the last game against Jags, then we'll be out, regardless if we win this week.

Colts just need to run often, play good defense and that SHOULD be good enough against the Raiders. I mean, they nearly lost at home to a Drew Lock-led Denver team that only had 158 yards total offense.

Colts just need to run often, play good defense and that SHOULD be good enough against the Raiders. I mean, they nearly lost at home to a Drew Lock-led Denver team that only had 158 yards total offense.
Problem is the Raiders get Waller back i believe. They're totally different on offense with Waller playing

It’s actually good for us. If Indy loses we move up to the 5th seed ( if Buffalo loses we move up to 3 and 2 if Miami beats the titans)

It’s actually good for us. If Indy loses we move up to the 5th seed ( if Buffalo loses we move up to 3 and 2 if Miami beats the titans)
You’re assuming the next week either the Raiders lose to the Chargers or the Patriots can win in Miami, something they had difficulty doing even when Brady was the QB. If your scenario happens and these other items don’t, Pats miss the playoffs entirely even with a 10-7 record.

I'm not gonna hand wring either way. Nothing I can do about it from my seat.
Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Wow.

5zc3dx.gif

Seriously, though, pour me some. :)

The potential scenario of Flores knocking Bill out would be brutal.

You’re assuming the next week either the Raiders lose to the Chargers or the Patriots can win in Miami, something they had difficulty doing even when Brady was the QB. If your scenario happens and these other items don’t, Pats miss the playoffs entirely even with a 10-7 record.
I am assuming the patriots win. I’m not interested in their playoff prospects if they can’t beat a team worse than any they will face in the playoffs.

The X factor in all of this is Covid. Who knows how many more and who will get it before next week?

Is that if they are vaccinated?

Al Davis would have loved this news. League changes the rules letting the opposing QB play. Lol

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back