PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome - OT Andrew Stueber- Pick 245

I agree.

Michigan State’s AJ Arcuri, a 6’7” LT with even slightly longer arms, 34 1/4” vs. Steuber’s 34 1/8”, did 27 bench presses at the MSU pro day.

Arcuri also had an impressive vertical. Steuber’s is pathetic. Maybe even worse than his sheete can 3 cone time of 7.94.

Steuber’s paltry vertical: 25.50”
Arcuri’s impressive vertical: 33.50”

Would the Patriots scouting dept do more due diligence?

Arcuri who was drafted by the Rams in the seventh round looks to have more upside than Steuber whose athletic limitations are just too overwhelming.

My enthusiasm for Steuber is now tempered by the realization of his poor explosiveness.
Hills & a full year training can change a lot about a guy. We’ll see.

I don't know if Stueber will be ready this season. I think he's got a good chance to lock down the RT after this year though. Play out Wynn & Brown for this season - unless an early injury happens, or you can get something really good for Wynn in a trade. Even so though, Wynn is more reliable than an unproven guy like Herron, or counting on Brown if he gets hurt too - then we're really screwed.

We like smart, tough players above athletic players. While he may not pan out, I understand why this was the guy they picked

We like smart, tough players above athletic players. While he may not pan out, I understand why this was the guy they picked

This draft we picked a lot of athletes - not the same as before. Fastest WR, fastest RB, etc. Little bit different than years past.

23” vertical.
7.94 three cone.
17 bench presses.
Fat Bastard approved.

You say Stueber and I say Steuber. Tomato toMAHto.

...size, football intelligence, off-field leadership, and snarly play

sounds promising!

Even if Wynn and Brown are healthy and good to go all year, there's a definite spot open for competition at backup T behind Herron (or even ahead of him if someone plays well enough). If the kid can play, there's an opportunity for him to stick.

If nothing else, he’s an upgrade for the the Colorado day three slow tackle we drafter last year. Can bump him off the practice squad.

Now that he's practicing, maybe he'll get a few game snaps before the end of the year.

Now that he's practicing, maybe he'll get a few game snaps before the end of the year.
2015-02-24_sudden_realization.jpg

;)

I have no idea if Steuber is an NFL player. The odds are against it since he's a 7th round pick. Having said that, practicing with the big boys for 3 weeks before heading into the off-season has to be a good thing. If nothing else, it will help him to focus on what he needs to prioritize working on before OTAs and training camp.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back