CBS EARLY
02-CBS-E-P.png

RED = NY Giants @ Chicago (incl AK)
BLUE = Denver @ Pittsburgh (incl HI)
GREEN = Jacksonville @ Tennessee
YELLOW = Buffalo @ Miami

CBS LATE
02-CBS-L-P.png

RED = Kansas City @ LA Chargers (incl AK/HI)
BLUE = Baltimore @ Houston

FOX
02-FOX-P.png

RED = Atlanta @ Dallas
BLUE = San Francisco @ NY Jets (incl HI)
GREEN = LA Rams @ Philadelphia
YELLOW = Carolina @ Tampa Bay
ORANGE = Detroit @ Green Bay (incl AK)
PURPLE = Minnesota @ Indianapolis
CYAN = Washington @ Arizona (LATE)

NATIONAL
Thursday Night: Cincinnati @ Cleveland (NFLN)
Sunday Night: Patriots @ Seattle (NBC)
Monday Night: New Orleans @ Las Vegas (espn)

Pats on Sunday night: woo-hoo! No relying on a questionable internet source here in Jacksonville. :)

Although the game WILL keep me up past geezer o'clock. o_O :rofl:

I gotta say, there's not much interesting football this week.

The most interesting game is NE-SEA and I'm not sure I'd be all that interested in it if I wasn't a NE fan.

I gotta say, there's not much interesting football this week.

The most interesting game is NE-SEA and I'm not sure I'd be all that interested in it if I wasn't a NE fan.
Yeah, I agree - not really any compelling games this week other than Pats-Seahawks - and hopefully that does not get postponed. There are only a few games that involve two teams that both have a chance to finish with winning records, but even those don't appear to be very interesting:
  • Chiefs at Chargers
  • Ravens at Texans (okay, Houston with 9 wins is a stretch)
  • Rams at Eagles
  • Lions at Packers (okay, Detroit with 9 wins is a stretch)
  • Vikings at Colts

Pats on Sunday night: woo-hoo! No relying on a questionable internet source here in Jacksonville. :)

Although the game WILL keep me up past geezer o'clock. o_O :rofl:
Just wanted to comment on this - I've been using "questionable streams" for a couple years, and had NFL Sunday Ticket before that, which was obviously very nice but way too expensive. This last Sunday, the Pats game was out of market for me and as a spur-of-the-moment thing I decided to try out the "NFL Game Pass International on a VPN" trick. Since you can get a 7 day free trial I figured it was worth a try. I bought 3 months of IPVanish for something like $13 (enough for almost all of this season) and then signed up for Game Pass International while on VPN, worked like a charm. Streamed the game via a Brazilian server, seemed to be just about live, no noticeable lag time that I could perceive. High quality video. I have a 300ish mbps internet connection and on the server I was connected to, I still got about 50 mbps which was more than enough. Definitely recommend it! It still costs you about $112 ($99 for Game Pass and $13 for IPVanish or whatever other VPN you choose, though I think there was some amount of tax also) so it's not "cheap" but still way less than Sunday Ticket, and worked fine on my Thinkpad and my Galaxy tablet.

Sorry to go a little off topic (someone call a mod) but figured it was worth mentioning my experience since I see the question asked here and there.

Tomba Boy @ 1PM here in NE (CT is not New England)

I live closer to Gillette than I do Hartford.. I keep telling the cable company they need to offer either the Rhode Island or Mass local channels to this county (Windham). They gives us the Boston PBS, which is nice but give me the Boston Fox and CBS for football viewing purposes.

Well speak of, just got a text with this screenshot

bucspanthers.png

looks like WTIC (CT Fox) has switched from the jest/49ers to the Bucs/Panthers

How did you obtain the map so early? It never gets updated until Wednesday afternoon. Even now it's showing week 1 map.

It's weeks where the schedule looks so-so that have the best and most dramatic games....

I can't wait for week 2's kick off when Burrow and Co. visit the Dawg Pound right around the 2nd half of the Celts game 2!!!! LFG!!!

How did you obtain the map so early? It never gets updated until Wednesday afternoon. Even now it's showing week 1 map.

Obviously, he is The Map Maker.

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. You're a good guy, I don't want to do that.

Obviously, he is The Map Maker.
No, JP Kirby - a Patriots fan, by the way - is the genius who puts in all the hard work making the maps.

For those wondering, tonight's CIN-CLE game really is only on NFL Network, not simulcast on Prime or FOX. This will be the case through week 4.

For those wondering, tonight's CIN-CLE game really is only on NFL Network, not simulcast on Prime or FOX. This will be the case through week 4.

obviously... nfl would never put a Bungles/Browns game on national broadcast tv.

obviously... nfl would never put a Bungles/Browns game on national broadcast tv.
Sad thing is I probably would watch it, but I don't have NFLN. Kind of intrigued to see what Burrows looks like and if the Browns are as bad as their first game suggested.

The first Thu game was tagged as "Sunday Night Football" so it was on NBC.

Then the next three NFLN-only games are stinkers:

Sept 17 — Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns on NFL Network
Sept 24 — Miami Dolphins at Jacksonville Jaguars on NFL Network
Oct 1 — Denver Broncos at N.Y. Jets on NFL Network

Then a bunch of 'meh' games on NFLN + Prime:

Oct 8 — Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Chicago Bears
Oct 15 — Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills
Oct 22 — New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Oct 29 — Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers
Nov 5 — Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers
Nov 12 — Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
Nov 19 — Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks
Dec 3 — Dallas Cowboys at Baltimore Ravens
Dec 10 — New England Patriots at Los Angeles Rams
Dec 17 — Los Angeles Chargers at Las Vegas Raiders
Dec 25 — Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints**

Since I have Prime I'm good to go for these.

There are a few decent Thursday night games among that group, but not that many when you consider ever team has to play at least one game on Thursday.

Oct 15 — Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills
Nov 5 — Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers
Nov 12 — Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans
Dec 3 — Dallas Cowboys at Baltimore Ravens
Dec 10 — New England Patriots at Los Angeles Rams
Dec 25 — Minnesota Vikings at New Orleans Saints

what the ...cyan ???? where have i been ? at least i know what color it is now. still getting used to teal.

On a separate topic (but one that doesn't deserve its own thread), is there any logic to espn's Quarterback Rating?

Take for example these stats from last week, and then guess who had the better QBR

QB #1: 20-30, 191 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 1 Sack (-9 yards), 6.4 yards per attempt
QB #2: 19-33, 259 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 3 Sacks (-16 yards), 7.8 yards per attempt

I seem to recall rushing stats were included in the mystery QBR number, but there is nothing that stands out in that area:
QB #1: 5 runs for 18 yards, 3.6 ypc, 0 TD
QB #2: 1 run for 9 yards, 9.0 ypc, 0 TD

Delving deeper into stats The World Wide Leader deems important enough to track, they also published the following "Close" numbers:
QB #1 in last two minutes of half: 4-8, 30 yards (50%), 3.8 ypa, 0 TD, 2 INT, 2 rushes for 3 yards, 1.5 ypc
QB #2 in last two minutes of half: 6-10, 33 yards (60%), 3.3 ypa, 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 rushes
QB #2 in 4th quarter, +/-7 points: 7-13, 73 yards (54%), 5.6 ypa, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 run for 9 yards, 9.0 ypc

Not a stellar day for either quarterback, but the discrepancy in touchdowns and interceptions really stands out.
QB #1 had a passer rating (the real passer rating) of 103.0, ranked 11th best in week one.
QB #2's passer rating was 44.6, dead last out of 32 quarterbacks.

But in the minds of the know it alls in Bristol, QB #1 had a 29th ranked QBR of 39.7 on a scale of zero to 100, while QB #2 - despite throwing three picks - was rated 113th best with a QBR of 70.4.

But wait, there's more!

QB #2's rating was virtually identical (70.9 vs 70.4) to a quarterback that went 19-20 with 3 TD and 0 INT, averaging 8.6 yards per attempt.

Who was QB #2, who allegedly had the 13th best performance in week one? Ryan Fitzpatrick, rated just about the same as 19-20 Gardner Minshew. QB #1 was Jimmy Garoppolo. Baker Mayfield, who completed less than 60% of his passes in a 3 TD, 2 INT blowout loss was ranked 5th.

It is as if they just use some sort of random number generator, then troll us with their results.

On a separate topic (but one that doesn't deserve its own thread), is there any logic to espn's Quarterback Rating?

Take for example these stats from last week, and then guess who had the better QBR

QB #1: 20-30, 191 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 1 Sack (-9 yards), 6.4 yards per attempt
QB #2: 19-33, 259 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 3 Sacks (-16 yards), 7.8 yards per attempt

I seem to recall rushing stats were included in the mystery QBR number, but there is nothing that stands out in that area:
QB #1: 5 runs for 18 yards, 3.6 ypc, 0 TD
QB #2: 1 run for 9 yards, 9.0 ypc, 0 TD

Delving deeper into stats The World Wide Leader deems important enough to track, they also published the following "Close" numbers:
QB #1 in last two minutes of half: 4-8, 30 yards (50%), 3.8 ypa, 0 TD, 2 INT, 2 rushes for 3 yards, 1.5 ypc
QB #2 in last two minutes of half: 6-10, 33 yards (60%), 3.3 ypa, 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 rushes
QB #2 in 4th quarter, +/-7 points: 7-13, 73 yards (54%), 5.6 ypa, 1 TD, 0 INT, 1 run for 9 yards, 9.0 ypc

Not a stellar day for either quarterback, but the discrepancy in touchdowns and interceptions really stands out.
QB #1 had a passer rating (the real passer rating) of 103.0, ranked 11th best in week one.
QB #2's passer rating was 44.6, dead last out of 32 quarterbacks.

But in the minds of the know it alls in Bristol, QB #1 had a 29th ranked QBR of 39.7 on a scale of zero to 100, while QB #2 - despite throwing three picks - was rated 113th best with a QBR of 70.4.

But wait, there's more!

QB #2's rating was virtually identical (70.9 vs 70.4) to a quarterback that went 19-20 with 3 TD and 0 INT, averaging 8.6 yards per attempt.

Who was QB #2, who allegedly had the 13th best performance in week one? Ryan Fitzpatrick, rated just about the same as 19-20 Gardner Minshew. QB #1 was Jimmy Garoppolo. Baker Mayfield, who completed less than 60% of his passes in a 3 TD, 2 INT blowout loss was ranked 5th.

It is as if they just use some sort of random number generator, then troll us with their results.

One day we'll find out QBR ended up just being some guy in some basement office giving QB number grades

Looks like Raiders-Saints MNF will be simulcast on ABC so us over-the-air folks get to see it for free:

Looks like that is a 'one off' quirk.
  • Raiders make Las Vegas debut and open Allegiant Stadium on MNF’s 50th anniversary on ESPN and ABC – The Raiders will play their first home game in Las Vegas in their new stadium against Drew Brees and the Saints (Sept. 21) on both ESPN and ABC – the first regular-season NFL broadcast on ABC since the 2005 season. The game will also be played on the 50th anniversary of MNF (sports television’s longest-running series made its debut on Sept. 21, 1970 with Jets-Browns).
Looks like those of us in the 'home market' will also get Nov 9 NE-NYJ and Dec 28 BUF-NE.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back