PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 Pats at Browns post-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this thats the game deus then thats on BB!!He built this defense through the draft.I wish i had cleveland's defense and thats sad to say.:rolleyes:

First, I don't defend all of BB's moves, as many here will cursingly tell you.

Second, Spikes, McCourty, Brace and others are in the first or second season, and it's expected that there will be inconsistencies.

When fans ignore the realities of their team, they get too high after routine wins, and they get too low after understandable losses. We've been seeing that here since at least as far back as 2008.

Re: Trap game.....or REALITY check?

No.

(ten chars)

First, I don't defend all of BB's moves, as many here will cursingly tell you.

Second, Spikes, McCourty, Brace and others are in the first or second season, and it's expected that there will be inconsistencies.

When fans ignore the realities of their team, they get too high after routine wins, and they get too low after understandable losses. We've been seeing that here since at least as far back as 2008.

Agreed!!!

Oh and I like your avie at the other place better...just sayin.

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facep-1.jpg

I'm going with reality check....

Maybe the Browns played the game of thier lives today...

But the way we have been playing...I think teams like Pittsburgh and the Colts are probably going to kill us....

Colt McCoy....Colt McCoy??? are you serious???? And Hillis??? Never heard of him and he looked like John Effin Riggins today...

I think the glass slipper got smashed today.

I still wonder about this defense even though they are young.Mayo had an awful game and he is not a rookie.The D-line got whooped.BB built this defense and i dont really know if it will improve.This team cant get no pressure on the QB.It has been a problem for how long now?We draft these CBs who cant cover man to man.

I wonder what hitler will say about this loss?

I still wonder about this defense even though they are young.Mayo had an awful game and he is not a rookie.The D-line got whooped.BB built this defense and i dont really know if it will improve.This team cant get no pressure on the QB.It has been a problem for how long now?We draft these CBs who cant cover man to man.

The blaring weakness of this defense has been its inability to get off the field on 3rd down....and it's slowly killing us.

How can you POSSIBLY say Brady lost us that game? He kept us in it, his receivers kept screwing him.

Brady was fine and may have led us to a win if Gronk did kill us

If this thats the game deus then thats on BB!!He built this defense through the draft.I wish i had cleveland's defense and thats sad to say.:rolleyes:

if the jets roll all over the cleveland D next week then you may not say the same thing. our D crapped the bed . but they shut down peterson for less than 100 yards. no one can say the vikings offense is worse than the browns.
It happens, mistakes,coaching usually cost you games on the road.

Maybe Cleveland is a better team than their record says they are? Maybe the reality check is in this year where it seems like the league is upside down, the Browns have some good pieces.

Hills has shredded defenses all year, including 166 yards vs Baltimore at Baltimore. Cleveland in their last game beat down the defending champs, forcing Brees to throw 4 picks. And Cleveland has blown 3 4th quarter leads this year, and has even hung with Pittsburgh so far this season. Maybe Cleveland is a better team than a lot of fans give them credit for, and seeing their work the last two games, they are not a pushover.

All week long, I said it wasn't a trap, just a tough game. The Browns are an improving team coming off a bye, coached by someone who has always had success against Brady. The Pats are a young team that cannot overcome wholesale mistakes, which they made today. If the Pats play well they can beat any team in the league. If they don't, they can lose to teams like cleveland, especially on the road.

Every loss is going to be massively disappointing.

Lose to an "elite" team, and suddenly we don't measure up to the best, and it hurts us in tiebreaker scenarios down the line.

Lose to a "scrub" team, and suddenly we're not that good of a football team, and it's considered a wasted opportunity.

Either way, let's be real, this team wasn't going to run the table after the Week 2 loss.

This was a sh*tty week, but the Patriots' mantra is to never allow themselves to get too high or too low, and leave the past in the past. Next week is a new week.

Next week is a mighty test!Thats what it is.I expect the team to play better but we cant have these slow starts on offense each game.

I don't think it is trapped as much as.....EXPOSED.....

I think our weaknesses just came to a head today. First and foremost, Brady is NO LONGER the same QB......he is not the same INTENSE player, stay late into the night film room study guy,work extra with his receivers, spend extra time with his OL, come from behind and beat you.....even when you do your best to stop him....guy......He has lost that mojo and fire.....He is NO LONGER as good on the road as he is in his own house......Ever since the ACL injury....he just doesn't have that poise in the pocket either.....Can't blame him.....any time you hear footsteps after an ACL playing football you have to be thinking "OH F(CK.....NOT AGAIN!!!!"

Now on to our defense......they are young, raw, and trying to learn to play as a unit. It will take time......They have been playing out of their minds since the Miami game.....today they came back to earth like it was the Jests game. Their inexperience was highlighted and EXPOSED.

Offense: Maybe we should have gradually worked Logan into the mix.......but our OL played horribly and were beaten like dogs at LOS. Secondly, we ARE missing Randy Moss......even when he dogged it out there......he DREW ALOT of coverage (mostly double) away....and allowed for our other receivers to get involved. Kept the opposing D guessing......also opened up the running game. Now, we have NO REPLACEMENT for Randy Moss. Tate is a #3 at best. Welker is disappearing like Casper the ghost out there......and looking downright average. Edelman has hardly gotten on field. Hernandez looks like Ben Watson overall.....flashes of brilliance combined with jaw dropping bumbling. Gronk has been good overall in his limited role.....but HORRIBLE today......Thank the lord for woodhead....this kid has been amazing!!!! The biggest evidence that Ryan is a jacka## as a coach starts here.....HOW do you let a guy like this leave your team?

Coaching: BB got b!tch slapped today by Man-gina..........Once again, BB's makeshift coaching staff has been flying under the radar for the past few weeks.....No seasoned vet OC/DC on board....BB going with marginal coaches to help run the game....and today it reared its ugly head. Expect the same thing next week against Pitt.......and to be realistic......these are your 2010 NE PATS........inconsistent. They are going to play great at times.....going to make you think they could win it all. But in reality, we are a really inexperienced, rebuilding team with a QB that will probably never again be "THAT Tom Brady"...........be realistic fellow pats fans....going to be a up and down year, and overall rebuilding towards the future....GO PATS!!!!

well since we wont have that tom brady again, we should probably reduce our expectations according to you ..right ? because i dont see brady being benched or traded anytime soon. Do you actually know practially that brady doesnt work extra on film room or with his oline and receiver or is it just an assumption because he married a supermodel. because if i have to beleive what brady says on WEEI...after the chargers win , he watched a lot of film of the vikings on the plane ride back right after the game ended !. so obviously he is lying or you have some inside info about his work habits.
PS:iam not trying to be personal and i think we are all unhappy with the performance of him and everyone else but i thiink the offense has more issues than just him. They need a true wideout e.g David givens who can run routes and get open and the running game is inconsistent. Branch alone cant help and hernandez and gronk are rookies who are going to be inconsistent.Tate is a homerun threat but not like branch or givens. Just my opinion. its more than brady.

How can you POSSIBLY say Brady lost us that game? He kept us in it, his receivers kept screwing him.

Brady was fine and may have led us to a win if Gronk did kill us

:confused:

I don't put Brady in the top 5 reasons why we lost this game, but to say that he was "fine" is just ludicrous. He missed several throws and has developed this strange habit of throwing at the feet of his receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back