PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 9 Pats at Browns post-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words...relax...it's only one loss.
No thats not what i meant but i agree. Theres a parody video in which hitler reacts to Moss being cut. Someone could have a ball posting the sub-titles to go along with hitlers rant. If you haven't seen it here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2pcuLOk6Wc

Anyways i never let my opinion be shaped by what happens week to week. Last week we were going to go 13-3 and McCourty was the DROY now we suck and McCourty is a bust. How does that really happen in one week?

Last edited:
In other words...relax...it's only one loss.

A particularly ugly one in which the defense absolutely laid an egg. A loss in which the run defense got completely exposed and the pass defense was shown for what we knew it was coming in before the game. And a game in which Brady and his receivers completely laid an egg in the middle of the field. Now we're going into Pittsburgh to play, arguably, the best team in the NFL and then a visit from Peyton Manning in Foxboro. After today's pathetic performance, it really wouldn't surprise me if we came out of this stretch 0-3. Hopefully the team can prove me wrong. However, we only forced Colt McCoy into five incompletions today. I'm shuddering at the thought of what Roethlisberger and Manning will do to us.

Last edited:
Plain and simple the Brown came out pumped up and well prepared we came out flat a fudge.

My Real Worries and some comments :

1. Why can't anyone on offense get open in the first quarter any more ? Certainly can't blame OL's protection of Brady.
2. Why does it seem like we average under a yard on first downs?

3. Where did Welker and or Edleman go? Why not more screens to them?

4. Patriots Victories require 3-4 big defensive plays, when they dont have these, as in this game, they dont win. No Key sacks, No Key 3rd or 4th and short stops, no big interceptions.
What are your worries?

Hopefully the team can prove me wrong. However, we only forced Colt McCoy into five incompletions today. I'm shuddering at the thought of what Roethlisberger and Manning will do to us.

Completely agree...

I'm not jumping off the bridge yet...but that was a disturbing and depressing loss.

and yup...not looking forward to Roeth and Manning at all....We made McCoy look like a seasoned pro out there today.

I think the only people here who are truly surprised by today are those who didn't/can't acknowledge that: (a) this defense might eventually be consistently dominant, but it is going to be "very" uneven for a while, that (b) an offense without a consistent running threat and a receiver who can scare other teams deep is going to have to rely on almost flawless execution to succeed (and certainly not fumble on the opponent's one yard line) and that (c) it is going to need excellent special teams play, which it did not get from early-on today.

I am unhappy and disappointed at today's outcome, but I still see them as competitive for the Division Title or a Wildcard all the way to the end. There is no reason that this team can't still be thinking about a trip to Dallas, but it's going to have to get a lot of things to work a lot better for that to happen.

Last edited:
I think the only people here who are truly surprised by today are those who didn't/can't acknowledge that: (a) this defense might eventually be consistently dominant, but is going to be "very" uneven for a while, that (b) an offense without a consistent running threat and a receiver who can scare other teams deep is going to have to rely on almost flawless execution to succeed (and certainly not fumble on the opponent's one yard line) and that (c) it is going to need excellent special teams play, which it did not get from early-on today.

I am unhappy and disappointed at today's outcome, but I still see them as competitive for the division or a Wildcard all the way to the end. There is no reason that this team can't still be thinking about a trip to Dallas, but it's going to have to get there the hard way.

Co-signed. Co-signed. Co-signed.
:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Plain and simple the Brown came out pumped up and well prepared we came out flat a fudge.

My Real Worries and some comments :

1. Why can't anyone on offense get open in the first quarter any more ? Certainly can't blame OL's protection of Brady.
What are your worries?

Thinking the same thing watching the game. Brady had all sorts of time and the receivers barely got any separation. Didn't see much double teaming today either.

This was a bad team loss..

The Run defense was poor.
The Special teams gaffe by Gronkowski was horrible.
The receivers had the dropsies all day.
Brady has one of his worst days throwing the ball even when there was no pressure on him..

And, I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Logan Mankins helped the team in the running game at all.

This seems like when the Pats lost to Washington back in 2003. Just flat out beat in all aspects of the game. It was good to see this team be humbled and learn more about themselves before the big games (Pittsburgh, Indy, NYJ).

On the other hand this was the Browns...

Nice little reminder to the team of how much work it has to do. I logged off during the gameday discussion. That was a diabolical thread.

6-2 with the Steelers coming up. Let's see what the team is made of.

exactly my sentiments

they didn't show up today

What bothered me the most about the game is after our last score, everyone knew Cleveland would just try to run out the clock with Hillis and they couldn't even stop him. They knew they were all running plays and he still scores.

What bothered me the most about the game is after our last score, everyone knew Cleveland would just try to run out the clock with Hillis and they couldn't even stop him. They knew they were all running plays and he still scores.

It's called apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back