PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 early games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this cowboys media coverage is nauseating . plus seeing how they are handling distractions..i have more regard how the pats handled the spygate crap all yr.BB's theory works sometimes -you dont talk about it, this isnt much to feed off of for the media or anyone.

Last edited:
Man, San Diego are frauds. Up and down, one week to the next. Denver is winning that division.

Yes. I'm perplexed why so many fans here picked SD to win today. Buffalo has a good TEAM and a really improving QB in Edwards, helped by a strong runing game and decent protection. The D makes plays. Reminds me of 2001-4 Pats teams' D.

Rivers can be counted on to self destruct several games per season.

Last edited:
Man, San Diego are frauds. Up and down, one week to the next. Denver is winning that division.

I said this last week, but I will say it again. SD's "super bowl" was last week by playing us. Tomlinson is hurt worse than they admit. He also has a lot of tread on his tires, even though he is only 29-30. I still do not understand why BB made such an issue to stop him last week.

The SD is a lot like Dallas. they have zero leadership. They are great front-runers, but when the going gets tough they are in trouble.

Buffalo might be the best team in the AFC right now. Which reminds me thatw e will be in the hunt if we can figure out an identity on offense. The transition from being Tommy's team to a team has had its ups and downs. The key will be to see where we are come late December.

I said this last week, but I will say it again. SD's "super bowl" was last week by playing us. Tomlinson is hurt worse than they admit. He also has a lot of tread on his tires, even though he is only 29-30. I still do not understand why BB made such an issue to stop him last week.

The SD is a lot like Dallas. they have zero leadership. They are great front-runers, but when the going gets tough they are in trouble.

Buffalo might be the best team in the AFC right now. Which reminds me thatw e will be in the hunt if we can figure out an identity on offense. The transition from being Tommy's team to a team has had its ups and downs. The key will be to see where we are come late December.

The good news is that the Chaagiz fans who like to hang around here, esp after last week's W, will suddenly "find other things to do". :)

I still like Tennessee better, but I liked Buffalo before the season and I like them even more now. Edwards is a solid, dependable quarterback, Lynch can grind out yards when they need it, and the defense is very athletic and versatile. They still need another year or two to really mature into a top tier team, but they're well on their way. In two years, they will be our main competition for the division.

Which reminds me thatw e will be in the hunt if we can figure out an identity on offense.
Offense? The Defense is where I see the identity crisis. Granted the young ILB has a steep learning curve, but giving him OJT shouldn't make this team so vulnerable to rebuilding (Mia) and devolving (SD) clubs.

Offense? The Defense is where I see the identity crisis. Granted the young ILB has a steep learning curve, but giving him OJT shouldn't make this team so vulnerable to rebuilding (Mia) and devolving (SD) clubs.

I don't see ILB as the major problem on D.
Too many big plays as a result of lack of any QB pressure and as BB himself criticized, leting WRs get BEHIND the defensive backfield coverage.

On offense, OL plus TE blocking is the major issue, with Cassel's inexperience and inability to find and react to the open receiver second. It also does not help that our #1 RB absolutely cannot stay on the field.

I don't see ILB as the major problem on D.
Too many big plays as a result of lack of any QB pressure and as BB himself criticized, leting WRs get BEHIND the defensive backfield coverage.

On offense, OL plus TE blocking is the major issue, with Cassel's inexperience and inability to find and react to the open receiver second. It also does not help that our #1 RB absolutely cannot stay on the field.

Oh no, is Morris out again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes