PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: NFL Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insane what happened
My wife says heart attack.

Seems correct unfortunately considering the hit didn't seem that bad. Wonder if he had some undiagnosed heart issue?

If it is a heart attack it could be the result of a congenital defect, basically a time bomb waiting to happen. There was bruins player back in the eighties that sneezed and collapsed, it turn out it was he had an anurysm and could have ruptured at any time.
Happened to a kid I knew in college in a pickup basketball game.

The players need to say no. Thay they can't continue tonight. They cannot compartimentalize this in under freaking 15 minutes. It's literally not psychologically possible.

Freaking play tomorrow
Like that’s any better if something serious has happened to him.

Hopefully he’ll be fine and sorted out at hospital. Presumably the cpr worked otherwise they’d surely cancel already.

I can’t hear the game audio, but if they are actually doing CPR, that’s very, very bad. Cardiac arrest out of the hospital has abysmal outcomes.

To answer the questions above, CPR is only done if the patient is pulseless. I am a physician.

Good move.

The Bills need to walk out
They would lose the game and likely very important playoff seeding. Adds major insult to injury. Obviously I"m not saying a stupid game is worth more than a dude's life, but there's huge implications.

The league should step in and postpone the game, at least temporarily, like perhaps in 20 minutes they receive good news that he's doing well. Otherwise, having to play while wondering if he'll even survive is way too difficult.

Glad they're suspending game. Its the right thing to do

Insane what happened

Seems correct unfortunately considering the hit didn't seem that bad. Wonder if he had some undiagnosed heart issue?
A lot of sudden deaths happening frequently in younger people these days especially athletes….google it. I think these pro athletes get scanned/evaluated pretty throughly…..congenital heart problems generally come up in testing and assessment

I’m glad the teams are going back to the locker room. How can they focus? ****s bigger then football.

If it is a heart attack it could be the result of a congenital defect, basically a time bomb waiting to happen. There was bruins player back in the eighties that sneezed and collapsed on the ice, it turn out it was he had an anurysm and could have ruptured at any time.
In basketball we have had the hearts of Reggie Lewis and Hank Gathers give out, on the court. :(

They would lose the game and likely very important playoff seeding. Adds major insult to injury. Obviously I"m not saying a stupid game is worth more than a dude's life, but there's huge implications. The league should step in and postpone the game, at least temporarily, like perhaps in 20 minutes they receive good news that he's doing well and that motivates them.
So they are the #2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference