PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 14 Other games (Pats on a bye)

I had to LOL at Claypool trying to celebrate a meaningless first down, down two scores, having his lineman stop him, and then losing the ball which melted 10+ seconds off the clock. That kid is an absolute assclown.

I had to LOL at Claypool trying to celebrate a meaningless first down, down two scores, having his lineman stop him, and then losing the ball which melted 10+ seconds off the clock. That kid is an absolute assclown.

Add to that ****show, Claypool trying to pick a fight with the aforementioned lineman.

Wonder how much longer the Steelers can tolerate this. They have a cultural problem and tomlin somehow continues to get a pass. The media obviously loves him but at some point you gotta hold the leader of that locker room responsible. First it was supposedly just ab and bell as the ‘cancers’, and yeah they were pretty big dbags. But it’s been years since they left now and they still are a giant group of losers.

Last year it was ebron with the ‘red carpet for the sb’ tweet before they proceeded to lose 5 out of 6 games to finish year year. Then juju and his tiktoks dancing on other teams logos before getting lit up / fumbling those games away. And tweeting’same ole browns’ before they kicked pitts ass and eliminated them. And it still continues on and on. They do that moronic group celebration on d when they are down 22 points . And claypool costing his team at least 10 seconds by showboating instead of lining up for the next play. Its a team wide issue and been like that for years now. The media refuses to blame tomlin for any of this and many of them insist they are ‘sorry’ for him lol ITS HIS TEAM AND LOCKER ROOM.

Thankfully half the board picked the Steelers to win last night in Ian's pool lol.

Need Tampa to win this week, but they haven't had a signature win all season so I'm a little worried. They've had unimpressive wins vs Dallas, NE (when we were playing poorly), and Indy. They are middle of the pack in points allowed. On the other hand, Buffalo is a team that can put up points when they are not playing NEP. I am hoping that NE broke them last week lol.

Last edited:
Out at a sports bar having pizza before the game watching the TV screens. Said to my wife, "We should watch this game tonite". Got home and forgot about it. Can't decide if it's just getting old as **** or losing interest in football. Probably both.
That said, love seeing the Squeal Curtain go down in ignominious defeat.
Looking forward to Beefalo losing again to the Tampon team Sunday.

Wonder how much longer the Steelers can tolerate this. They have a cultural problem and tomlin somehow continues to get a pass. The media obviously loves him but at some point you gotta hold the leader of that locker room responsible. First it was supposedly just ab and bell as the ‘cancers’, and yeah they were pretty big dbags. But it’s been years since they left now and they still are a giant group of losers.

Last year it was ebron with the ‘red carpet for the sb’ tweet before they proceeded to lose 5 out of 6 games to finish year year. Then juju and his tiktoks dancing on other teams logos before getting lit up / fumbling those games away. And tweeting’same ole browns’ before they kicked pitts ass and eliminated them. And it still continues on and on. They do that moronic group celebration on d when they are down 22 points . And claypool costing his team at least 10 seconds by showboating instead of lining up for the next play. Its a team wide issue and been like that for years now. The media refuses to blame tomlin for any of this and many of them insist they are ‘sorry’ for him lol ITS HIS TEAM AND LOCKER ROOM.

I think it's because they're never really BAD. Tomlin has never finished worse than 8-8 if I recall, so they're afraid to move on because it could be worse, but he's never really going to get them back to the top, so they're stuck in mediocrity paralysis. If you want to rank coaches, Tomlin is much closer to Marvin Lewis for this reason than he is any of the top guys.

I think it's because they're never really BAD. Tomlin has never finished worse than 8-8 if I recall, so they're afraid to move on because it could be worse, but he's never really going to get them back to the top, so they're stuck in mediocrity paralysis. If you want to rank coaches, Tomlin is much closer to Marvin Lewis for this reason than he is any of the top guys.

yeah, that is the one thing tomlin has is that streak of no losing seasons. Which is kind of a misnomer because an 8-8 season is still a pretty bad year by most standards. Not hapless by any means but it’s zero threat of competing for a title which imo is a down year. But you’re right management is in quite a pickle here because they are winning JUST enough to not really indicate an obvious hot seat situation, and at the same time they are not moving upwards any time soon. Ben is officially done and that will be something tomlin has never had to win without save for one year which was one of the 8-8 years. They also have tons of holes on that roster other than watt, najee, and some talent at wr/te. Minka will hit fa after next year and Hayward is entering the tail end of his career. They have a long road to rebuilding , a process whic probably should have been started in 2019 the minute Ben went down for the year.

yeah, that is the one thing tomlin has is that streak of no losing seasons. Which is kind of a misnomer because an 8-8 season is still a pretty bad year by most standards. Not hapless by any means but it’s zero threat of competing for a title which imo is a down year. But you’re right management is in quite a pickle here because they are winning JUST enough to not really indicate an obvious hot seat situation, and at the same time they are not moving upwards any time soon. Ben is officially done and that will be something tomlin has never had to win without save for one year which was one of the 8-8 years. They also have tons of holes on that roster other than watt, najee, and some talent at wr/te. Minka will hit fa after next year and Hayward is entering the tail end of his career. They have a long road to rebuilding , a process whic probably should have been started in 2019 the minute Ben went down for the year.

And I think it's compounded by the fact that the players like him. So firing a locker room favorite who's never had a losing season could lead to mutiny. If this is Ben's last year though, there's no real sure-fire QB prospect in this year's draft (and if there was, the Steelers are too "good" to draft high enough to get him), so unless they're luring Rodgers out of Green Bay or something similar, Tomlin is in for a pretty rude 2022 IMO. Ben's not great anymore, but we've seen first hand how difficult it is the first year after the face of the franchise leaves. New Orleans this year too is seeing a bit of that.

And I thought this was bad - 6:12

Edit: Does anyone know a workaround to show the YouTube thumbnail instead of the grey "Video Unavailable" from the NFL social media copyright squad? I get restricting video playback but not even allowing a thumbnail? Cmon man.

Edit: Does anyone know how to show the YouTube thumbnail instead of the grey "Video Unavailable" from the NFL social media copyright squad? I get restricting video playback but not even allowing a thumbnail? Cmon man.

Man, that video makes me miss James White. Can't ask for much more out of the backs we have right now, but White is just a different level of dynamic.

To say Roethlisberger threw Tomlin under the bus doesn't do justice to this statement. He threw Tomlin under the bus, got in the bus, drove the bus over him, put the bus in reverse and drove the bus over him again. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: Does anyone know a workaround to show the YouTube thumbnail instead of the grey "Video Unavailable" from the NFL social media copyright squad? I get restricting video playback but not even allowing a thumbnail? Cmon man.

um, people can just click on the link...the thumbnail is not a big deal

um, people can just click on the link...the thumbnail is not a big deal
Still dumb. Much better with a thumbnail so you know what you're clicking or tapping

Must admit I was impressed with Claypool prior to the Draft. No way he would be behaving like an ass if he was playing for BB

this is my whole thing and where i dont get how tomlin generally never gets blame for the obvious problems there. This has been going on for years in Pittsburgh and on tomlins watch. But instead of criticizing him the media PRAISED him for ‘putting up with ab’ and treated him like some kind of saint despite all the character issues that continuously pop up.

that was a perfect example… if claypool was playing on bb’s team does anyone think he would EVER do this in that situation?? Especially when he’s already displayed that hes a diva. Coach has to catch some criticism in the whole thing and ironically it seems like big ben , ANOTHER guy who should be one of the leaders of that locker room, is the only one throwing this on mike.

What exactly did Claypool do??? Or not do???

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back