PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Early Notes From Sunday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first notable injury of training camp is apparently Jonathan Wilhite. He has missed a number of consecutive practices, after starting with the first team defense.

Seymour has also missed a number of practices, after declaring that he was finally starting camp healthy for the first time in several years.

The first notable injury of training camp is apparently Jonathan Wilhite. He has missed a number of consecutive practices, after starting with the first team defense.

Seymour has also missed a number of practices, after declaring that he was finally starting camp healthy for the first time in several years.

That sucks.

While they have missed some practices, it's important to remember that no injury information has been announced about EITHER one of those players yet. In addition, I have been here for most of the practices, and I have to say, I haven't seen those two players appear to be suffering from any kind of injury. (There have been other players who look like they've gotten dinged up.) That's not to say they might be suffering from something right now, but it's dangerous to jump to that sort of conclusion based on a handful of training camp practices. I'll keep an eye out this afternoon for the both of them.

While they have missed some practices, it's important to remember that no injury information has been announced about EITHER one of those players yet. In addition, I have been here for most of the practices, and I have to say, I haven't seen those two players appear to be suffering from any kind of injury. (There have been other players who look like they've gotten dinged up.) That's not to say they might be suffering from something right now, but it's dangerous to jump to that sort of conclusion based on a handful of training camp practices. I'll keep an eye out this afternoon for the both of them.

If so, be safe out there . . . there's a band of storms making its way towards Foxboro this afternoon, although it shouldn't actually get there until right after practice is over (which, of course, stinks for the autograph hunters :( ).

I'd very much like to read your follow up on this. How about Crable? As a PUP he can't be at practice but do you see him around? Thanks.

Last edited:
I'd very much like to read your follow up on this. How about Crable? As a PUP he can't be at practice but do you see him around? Thanks.

If you're on PUP list, you are kept wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of sight. We in the media have not seen the guys placed on the PUP since the start of camp.

Here's hoping the rain holds off until after practice (keeping fingers crossed...)

We just got word that afternoon practice will be in the bubble and closed to the public.

We just got word that afternoon practice will be in the bubble and closed to the public.

Thanks for the word up. I hope its weather related. I'm planing on making the long drive to attend Monday's PM practice.

Chris I have been to all but one practice yesterday afternoon.

Whilhite hurt himself Friday morning. He was trying to tackle Taylor and he hurt his arm I believe it was the right arm. He went right to the trainor and while he did finish the practice he has missed some since. Tough to tell exactly what was hurt but I would guess right shoulder maybe bicep.

Chris I have been to all but one practice yesterday afternoon.

Whilhite hurt himself Friday morning. He was trying to tackle Taylor and he hurt his arm I believe it was the right arm. He went right to the trainor and while he did finish the practice he has missed some since. Tough to tell exactly what was hurt but I would guess right shoulder maybe bicep.

I hear ya -- I saw some of that as well. (Didn't see the play, but did see some of the activity afterward.) I just wanted to make sure people didn't jump to any definitive conclusions about what was going on.

I hear ya -- I saw some of that as well. (Didn't see the play, but did see some of the activity afterward.) I just wanted to make sure people didn't jump to any definitive conclusions about what was going on.

While Seymours multiple absences have started to freak me out I agree I can't jump to any conclusion because I didn't see him get hurt but also he is such an established vet that maybe just maybe he is getting vet days off.

In Whilhite's case though he is in his second year and year one was cut short so I find it hard to believe he would be getting multiple days off and since I saw him get hurt and get looked at by the trainor I feel confident I can jump to the conclusion that he is hurt.....Hopefully not bad. Maybe you could try to do some digging around on that for us?

While Seymours multiple absences have started to freak me out I agree I can't jump to any conclusion because I didn't see him get hurt but also he is such an established vet that maybe just maybe he is getting vet days off.

In Whilhite's case though he is in his second year and year one was cut short so I find it hard to believe he would be getting multiple days off and since I saw him get hurt and get looked at by the trainor I feel confident I can jump to the conclusion that he is hurt.....Hopefully not bad. Maybe you could try to do some digging around on that for us?

I normally don't point out such things for fear of starting an internet sparring session, but since you've done it in multiple posts, I thought I'd tell you that trainer in this sense is spelled -er and not -or. Please don't think I'm trying to be a wise guy. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

As for the matter at hand, I think it's been confirmed via the Pats official twitter than Wilhite did, in fact, get hurt. You're definitely right about that.

I normally don't point out such things for fear of starting an internet sparring session, but since you've done it in multiple posts, I thought I'd tell you that trainer in this sense is spelled -er and not -or. Please don't think I'm trying to be a wise guy. I just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

As for the matter at hand, I think it's been confirmed via the Pats official twitter than Wilhite did, in fact, get hurt. You're definitely right about that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for pointing that out one of my good friends is named Trainor so I think I was doing that without realizing it.

FYI, Pats Twitter feed hasn't had anything on a Wilhite injury. But we are efforting to get to the bottom of the situation as we speak.

FYI, Pats Twitter feed hasn't had anything on a Wilhite injury. But we are efforting to get to the bottom of the situation as we speak.

Cool thanks Chris....and good luck with that:D

Many of the veterans who have been missing for the first few days of camp because of their presence on the PUP list could be seen taking part in the EXTREMELY low-intensity walkthrough session. Among those players were defensive lineman Richard Seymour, defensive lineman Ty Warren, linebacker Tedy Bruschi, linebacker Shawn Crable

Lawd Amighty! The Crab lives! Good news for the OLB Cassandras!

Many of the veterans who have been missing for the first few days of camp because of their presence on the PUP list could be seen taking part in the EXTREMELY low-intensity walkthrough session. Among those players were defensive lineman Richard Seymour, defensive lineman Ty Warren, linebacker Tedy Bruschi, linebacker Shawn Crable

Lawd Amighty! The Crab lives! Good news for the OLB Cassandras!

Crable!!!

I think I got a tingle up my leg. The season is saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes