PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Need Replacements For Defensive Players Who Are Gone

DL - Guy - agree, need a replacement
LB -Jennings - he re-signed today
CB - Bryant - they should re-sign him, but theoretically Alex Austin could replace him
CB - Jackson - Marcus Jones replaces him. JC is not what he once was and Marcus is probably as good or better
S - Phillips - Mapu likely takes his snaps and they're fairly deep here anyway between Dugger and Peppers too
S - Mills - agree they need a free safety

Jennings is back and every other guy OP mentioned is easily replaced.

Spotrac is pretty up to date, they may have him listed as an end.
He's a tweener - 6'7", 290.

Barmore centering Armstead and White with Uche and Judon out wide on passing downs would be terrific.

He's a tweener - 6'7", 290.

Barmore centering Armstead and White with Uche and Judon out wide on passing downs would be terrific.

I agree, it would be a good signing. Reader could be a good signing as well.

DL - Guy - agree, need a replacement
LB -Jennings - he re-signed today
CB - Bryant - they should re-sign him, but theoretically Alex Austin could replace him
CB - Jackson - Marcus Jones replaces him. JC is not what he once was and Marcus is probably as good or better
S - Phillips - Mapu likely takes his snaps and they're fairly deep here anyway between Dugger and Peppers too
S - Mills - agree they need a free safety

Why do people think we should resign Bryant? Gilmore at 34 years of age is still much faster than Bryant. Lots of options to upgrade.

Why do people think we should resign Bryant? Gilmore at 34 years of age is still much faster than Bryant. Lots of options to upgrade.
Bryant would be versatile depth...couple of million.

Gilmore (yes, please - love the guy) would be a starter and would command a lot more money.

I'll take Gilmore, I expect Bryant.

Bryant would be versatile depth...couple of million.

Gilmore (yes, please - love the guy) would be a starter and would command a lot more money.

I'll take Gilmore, I expect Bryant.

Gilmore was $10M last year. The Cowboys are not resigning him, so $8M? Two year deal?

Jennings has since been re-signed.

Phillips was dropped from the defensive snaps rotation so not a real need to replace but extra snaps for Mapu would cover anything here.

JC Jackson was already replaced by Alex Austin who's been retained.

Gonzalez coming back would push Jon Jones to the slot more to indirectly replace Bryant. Marcus Jones also returning from injury factors in here as well.

So I don't agree with those guys still needing to be replaced. Mills and Guy definitely leave some snaps vacated though.

Lol we're going to sign Gilmore to replace Myles Bryant?

The only one heavily relied on last year of those is myles, and i feel confident in wade and Austin to fill his shoes. Gonzalez, j jones, m jones, wade, Austin is a decent 5.

Wilson replaced by takitaki, arguably an upgrade. Guy will need replaced but his usage was also tapering off. Same with phillips and mills. Ideally you could draft depth at s and dt in the mid rounds or sign someone , but for the most part the same d is back as of today.

Have we gotten a number on Jennings yet?

Jennings is back and every other guy OP mentioned is easily replaced.
The only guy I was really adamant about was Jennings, that guys a force setting the edge. He finished the season top 5 against the run..

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back