PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a veeeeery good time for an upset

Im optimistic, which can never be a good thing

I have a feeling that with the pats basically counted out of this game that they will end up with the upset.

I think the offense is going to do a lot better against this Chiefs' D that is being forecast. Game 4 is just about the right timing for them to have figured things out, given the new, very different QB and the lack of preseason games.

So if the D can surprise us all with a few stops, they might pull it off.

KC boards that I saw are mostly quiet about this game. Seems like a win is taken for granted; like how we would approach a Bungles game or somesuch. Was hoping to get more insight, but I forgot I was dealing with ignorant, illiterate, inbred KC fans.

KC boards that I saw are mostly quiet about this game. Seems like a win is taken for granted; like how we would approach a Bungles game or somesuch. Was hoping to get more insight, but I forgot I was dealing with ignorant, illiterate, inbred KC fans.

I'll do my best. Seems like we play you an awful lot for a non division team. Which is fine. I guess you have become sort of a rival recently for us.

I don't think anyone really takes the Patriots for granted. Cam has been better than I expected for you. This early it's hard to say, but the Seahawks game in particular tells me you are still for real. I think the past couple days the focus has been on the Ravens beatdown because of the hype the Ravens were getting.

As far as the Chiefs go, our run defense numbers have been and are still not great. I think that's partly because teams game plan to run the ball against us because they want to slow down the game. And partly because our linebackers suck balls. We have some pretty good athletes up front though and we create enough negative plays to make up for that extra 40 yards a game that teams rush on us. Plus we generally get enough points on the board that makes it difficult to beat us by grinding it out. Most of the games we have lost have been shootouts. You guys, Rams, Titans etc. We have lost 1 games in the past 2 years where the opponent scored under 29. And Hill and Watkins missed that game.

I was not a huge fan of the Spags hire, but what he has done for our defense has been pretty amazing. Him, Clark, and Honey Badger seem to have raised the expectations. Jones causes trouble for people also.

We are thin at corner. Injuries and suspensions are hurting us right now. Sneed and Breeland are out. Ward has a broken hand but will play. Otherwise we are mostly healthy.

You know about our offense. Patrick has been really good so far and seems to be settling in. He can beat you a lot of ways throwing and running. And he has a lot of weapons. Clyde has been solid in the backfield. But not explosive yet. Also Andy and Bienemy are really really good at both game planning and in game adjustments. We have had the most problems with teams like the Chargers that can pressure you with 4 guys. Same with the 49ers. Lucky to have won both of those games.

HFA has obviously changed. I don't know how much it really affected guys like Brady anyway, but Arrowhead is obviously quieter than it would have been a year ago.

Like Bill, Andy is a solid coach. We don't have a lot of highs and lows in the regular season. Like you, our guys are prepared every week. His game management has been a question mark, but mostly that has been ok for the past couple years. Good quarterback play covers for a lot of things. We are playing with confidence right now obviously but I will feel better when this game is over.

I'll do my best. Seems like we play you an awful lot for a non division team. Which is fine. I guess you have become sort of a rival recently for us.

I don't think anyone really takes the Patriots for granted. Cam has been better than I expected for you. This early it's hard to say, but the Seahawks game in particular tells me you are still for real. I think the past couple days the focus has been on the Ravens beatdown because of the hype the Ravens were getting.

As far as the Chiefs go, our run defense numbers have been and are still not great. I think that's partly because teams game plan to run the ball against us because they want to slow down the game. And partly because our linebackers suck balls. We have some pretty good athletes up front though and we create enough negative plays to make up for that extra 40 yards a game that teams rush on us. Plus we generally get enough points on the board that makes it difficult to beat us by grinding it out. Most of the games we have lost have been shootouts. You guys, Rams, Titans etc. We have lost 1 games in the past 2 years where the opponent scored under 29. And Hill and Watkins missed that game.

I was not a huge fan of the Spags hire, but what he has done for our defense has been pretty amazing. Him, Clark, and Honey Badger seem to have raised the expectations. Jones causes trouble for people also.

We are thin at corner. Injuries and suspensions are hurting us right now. Sneed and Breeland are out. Ward has a broken hand but will play. Otherwise we are mostly healthy.

You know about our offense. Patrick has been really good so far and seems to be settling in. He can beat you a lot of ways throwing and running. And he has a lot of weapons. Clyde has been solid in the backfield. But not explosive yet. Also Andy and Bienemy are really really good at both game planning and in game adjustments. We have had the most problems with teams like the Chargers that can pressure you with 4 guys. Same with the 49ers. Lucky to have won both of those games.

HFA has obviously changed. I don't know how much it really affected guys like Brady anyway, but Arrowhead is obviously quieter than it would have been a year ago.

Like Bill, Andy is a solid coach. We don't have a lot of highs and lows in the regular season. Like you, our guys are prepared every week. His game management has been a question mark, but mostly that has been ok for the past couple years. Good quarterback play covers for a lot of things. We are playing with confidence right now obviously but I will feel better when this game is over.

Great post. Seems like we both have some of the same weaknesses; specficially run defense and linebackers, while we're flipped on offensive skill positions and corners.

Of course, as a Pats homer, I have to take the Pats in a high scoring, close game, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see it go your way. KC is the best in the NFL right now. Enjoy the ride.

Thanks for putting this up and taking some jabs here...from me included.

Good game for rushing, but if we give up a few quick scores we'll have to abandon it, and it'll play away from our strength. I think we keep it close. A win is dependent on 2+ turnovers, imo.

I hope the fix isn't in like last season. I think the league would love an undefeated KC team to capture even more attention this season. Crank up those ratings. They did it last time and I see no reason they won't do it again.

A reminder that the refs led by Jerome Boger screwed us 3 different times in the previous meeting...

Every time the ball breaks the goal line it should be automatically called a TD since it's automatically reviewed. Just like anytime the ball hits the ground it should be ruled a fumble unless it's a bang-bang clear incompletion because all turnovers are automatically reviewed.

I feel like i'm crazy here because when I heard TDs and turnovers were gonna automatically reviewed I thought it meant they would let stuff play through and apparently they never got the memo.

And I thought nfl was gonna drill it in the refs heads after Pats benefitted from it in the playoffs. Guess I just have to accept Harry being called out was karma for Myles Jack being ruled down.

Last edited:
I'm feeling a vibe here of Pats vs Rams regular season game in 2001.

Going up against the defending champs and the big dogs of the league with a team that we'd all love to find out how good they actually are.

Living and dying every Sunday and every single game where a win is relief and a loss is devastating - that's been exhausting. Now? This new mindset is kinda fun. :)
This exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case