PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
OK, we're playing the best in the NFL with a team that may develop into a playoff team. I like what we have done. I just don't think that we are ready for KC. We can use our weekend heroics to stop Kelce. We'll need 2-3 interceptions to come close to nullifying the rest of their offense.

We are, and should be, a touchdown underdog. This should have been true for BALT.

I don't disagree. I don't like New England's chances at all. Just in the past, the Pats have been that good and that consistent for SO long that no opponent ever seemed too big.

Last edited:
0-1 against super bowl contenders. Could be 0-2 after sunday. Have to limit their possessions. Are they getting back beau allen this sunday. I can’t believe i am getting excited about getting back beau allen but maybe that’s because our DTs suck.

White, Harris, and Olszewski are all present at practice today. Probably means White plays, too soon to tell on the two IR guys.

Mostly good news on the DTR front. Would like Allen back, but I guess he still has a ways to go.

The Pats need to keep the fans out of the game....oh wait

No one should expect a win in this game. Mahomes is the best qb in the game. Kelce is best "TE", and Hill is the best deep threat. As others have said, Pats will need some turnovers - and I would add ST points. it'll be very interesting to see how Coach Bill strategizes in this game.
I remember a point in last year's game in Foxboro where Bill eschewed trying to drive 75 or so yards on offense and instead tried to block a punt and didn't have a return man. That showed Coach Bill had ZERO confidence in Sad, Pouty Tom. Brady was absolute garbage vs KC - 4.6 yards/attempt, and on a gotta have it, need a td drive Brady was a complete mess. He went 3-7 for 16 yards on that gotta have it drive. Once again, on this drive, the Pats had to resort to trrickery with a J White halfback pass. Pats put up 16 vs KC in Foxboro. I am going to go out on a limb and say Newton puts up more than 16.

No one should expect a win in this game. Mahomes is the best qb in the game. Kelce is best "TE", and Hill is the best deep threat. As others have said, Pats will need some turnovers - and I would add ST points. it'll be very interesting to see how Coach Bill strategizes in this game.
I remember a point in last year's game in Foxboro where Bill eschewed trying to drive 75 or so yards on offense and instead tried to block a punt and didn't have a return man. That showed Coach Bill had ZERO confidence in Sad, Pouty Tom. Brady was absolute garbage vs KC - 4.6 yards/attempt, and on a gotta have it, need a td drive Brady was a complete mess. He went 3-7 for 16 yards on that gotta have it drive. Once again, on this drive, the Pats had to resort to trrickery with a J White halfback pass. Pats put up 16 vs KC in Foxboro. I am going to go out on a limb and say Newton puts up more than 16.
You make some points once in a while but before you're done you always ruin it all with you're own brand of pouty outbursts.

DVOA offense rank 4
DVOA defense rank 25

We better improve quickly because a 25th ranked defense is getting shredded by Mahomes. The offense can do damage because our offensive line might be the best with Green Bay. But it will come down to the defense. Gilmore and company need to play well and while I think they are have been somewhat okay they need to be far better than they were in Seattle. I do feel okay in limited Kelce with Dugger and Williams. the KC receivers are the concern.

I think we battle, put up points but ultimately come up short, I don't think the defense gets enough stops.

DVOA offense rank 4
DVOA defense rank 25

We better improve quickly because a 25th ranked defense is getting shredded by Mahomes. The offense can do damage because our offensive line might be the best with Green Bay. But it will come down to the defense. Gilmore and company need to play well and while I think they are have been somewhat okay they need to be far better than they were in Seattle. I do feel okay in limited Kelce with Dugger and Williams. the KC receivers are the concern.

I think we battle, put up points but ultimately come up short, I don't think the defense gets enough stops.

DVOA is less predictive early in the season due to small sample size and opponents' adjustments not being applied yet (hello Seattle). The D should get progressively better as the young guys develop, but yeah this is a bad match-up for the Pats, especially in week 4.

The writings say Pats are the "heavy underdogs," yet the spread is only 7 points. I think the spread should be around 14 points or more. The game is in KC. Home field advantage? No fans? They are expecting loyal Pats fans to take 7 and pray.

This game isnt a stone cold loss.

The key to beating KC is getting their offense off the field on 3rd down. KC converted 10 of 13 3rd downs vs the Ravens. The defense losing on 3rd down is the killer when youre that close to stopping the Chiefs. To win, combine at least holding them to 50% of 3rd downs with periods where the Chiefs offense goes out of sync own its own. The Chiefs offense stalling out has happened every KC game this season.

Yeah, I feel good about covering that line.
40b23a28249c0bbd03826bf87b62d38b.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back