PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Any hope in beating the Chiefs next week? Right now they are killing the Ravens...even if Baltimore comes back (down 27-10 at the half), Kansas City is going to be a handful...

Yeah this is going to be a really challenging game. This is the cream of the crop in the NFL, probably the Patriots hardest game of the season. Hopefully they bring their A game!

Eh. And the Chargers made them look slow. I'm gonna go in the middle of the two and say our defense has the secondary to cover passing options, Helaire could be tough - especially if they get creative and have him draw linebackers or something like that.

Offense is gonna be key. A missed kick could be the game, too many 3 and outs and we put the ball in Mahomes hands too often - would be nice to see a great game from McD. This main difference from this and the Seahawks is the Chiefs have a better defense.

Gulp

Eh. And the Chargers made them look slow. I'm gonna go in the middle of the two and say our defense has the secondary to cover passing options, Helaire could be tough - especially if they get creative and have him draw linebackers or something like that.

Offense is gonna be key. A missed kick could be the game, too many 3 and outs and we put the ball in Mahomes hands too often - would be nice to see a great game from McD. This main difference from this and the Seahawks is the Chiefs have a better defense.
Have to not let Helaire get big yards on first down. Keep Mahomes in 2nd and long

Have to not let Helaire get big yards on first down. Keep Mahomes in 2nd and long

I agree. I think Bill has to take away Helaire (somehow, despite our weak run D) and eliminate Hill like we did in the 2018 AFCCG with Dmac and Gilmore.

The Pats were the only team last year besides the Chargers to slow down the full offense - Hill, Kelce & Watkins. The Chiefs are 13-1 since last year with all of them playing & their one loss was 38-35 to the Titans. Pats held them to 23 points & 4.8 yards per play.

They have the horses to slow them down. Gilmore (& others) need to bring their A game.

They have the horses to slow them down. Gilmore (& others) need to bring their A game.

Last year we had Hightower and Chung...some how we have to run the ball on them and keep their offense sidelined.

Gotta slow it down. Sunday gave me confidence we can do that.

Need Philips or JoeJuan to do a good job on TE Kelce to have any chance. And no huge deep plays for their WRs.

If we run for 200 yards again I like our chances, we can’t match them score for score.

Pats might put a lid on Mahomes for a quarter or first half, but after that, forget it. Only way the pats win is with a +3 or better turnover margin

BB has built an elite secondary to counter KC's weapons. I am not confident that we have the talent on the D-line and the LB corps to make Mahomes get rid of the ball quick.

Last year we had Hightower and Chung...some how we have to run the ball on them and keep their offense sidelined.

Hightower and Chung have both lost a step. We have to transition to Williams, Uche, Wilson, Winovich and Dugger if we hope to run with KC. With Uche out I think we have to go small with Wilson and Dugger to keep up with Helaire and Mahomes. Jones does well on Hill with help over the top, Williams can hang with Kelce as well as Chung could, and we have Gilmore and Jackson for Hardman and Watkins. Should be OK. Hope Fat Thor is back to plug the middle so Guy can be freed up to be more aggressive. We need a big body in the middle.

Last edited:
BB has built an elite secondary to counter KC's weapons. I am not confident that we have the talent on the D-line and the LB corps to make Mahomes get rid of the ball quick.
I was just thinking earlier in the game. The reason BB has drafted a lot of DB's and is playing a lot of 5 or 6 DB's on defense regularly is to counter the speed of QB's like Lamar or even Mahomes when he scrambles. BB is always ahead of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST