PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Chiefs offense plays like they did tonight we're the Washington Generals...gotta hope they're flat and we create some turnovers and pound the ball

We have the secondary to match up with them so I think we have a definite shot. That said, I think the scariest part about kc right now is that their defense actually looks pretty stout and not just ‘complimentary’ to their offense. Need to get it done on both sides of the ball, rbs need a big day and cam has to extend drives / protect the ball.

Not winning this without some help from the chiefs. We'll see what happens though. Biggest test on the schedule.

Any hope in beating the Chiefs next week? Right now they are killing the Ravens...even if Baltimore comes back (down 27-10 at the half), Kansas City is going to be a handful...

We've slowed down that offense before and put up points on that defense. They needed a lot of help from the refs on BS calls to beat us last year. I don't see how we don't have a good chance against them, especially with a QB that wants to throw to our offense and a vastly improved run game.

I'm still of the view that if we were able to beat Miami in week 17 and get the #2 seed, we would have beaten KC in the divisional round as our defense was built to stop them. They have looked vulnerable at times (see Chargers week 2). Our D is not as solid this year but Cam and the O seem to be able to put up points in pressure situations that Brady wasn't able to do last year. Will be a good barometer for how far this team has come in a short period of time.

This team has surprised me 3 games in a row. Changing like a chameleon week to week. I like their chances a lot more than I did when the schedule was announced. Came 1 yard away from beating Seattle. So why not?

Tough game. We need to:

- run the ball
- take time off the clock
- run the ball
- do not turn the ball over
- run the ball
- touchdowns instead of field goals
- run the ball
- get at least 2 turnovers
- run the ball
- generate pressure with our front 4
- run the ball
- do not fall behind more than 7
- run the ball
- pray
- run the ball

They have very beatable corners, if they wanna stack the box to defend the run we have very winnable matchups if Cam has time.

Gotta slow it down. Sunday gave me confidence we can do that.

I agree, KC is like 27th in running yards / games at 153 yds/game. With their performance Sunday, I am also confident that we can run all over KC.

Best team in the NFL right now and it’s not close. The Patriots aren’t good enough YET to beat this team.

If they are competitive and keep it a one score game, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I think that team has the first realistic shot to 16-0 since us in 2007.

Best team in the NFL right now and it’s not close. The Patriots aren’t good enough YET to beat this team.

If they are competitive and keep it a one score game, I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I think we can at least avoid another Monday night massacre by slowing the game down. Maybe that’s a victory in itself.

Lamar Jackson stinks.

Just as I figured.

Baltimore had the best defense in points allowed, but no more.

Expect the 2018 gameplan. Our team is pretty much built the same way. Run-run-run to keep mahomes off the field and play tight man to man defense.

hopefully cam can play like he did vs. seattle.

Tough game. We need to:

- run the ball
- take time off the clock
- run the ball
- do not turn the ball over
- run the ball
- touchdowns instead of field goals
- run the ball
- get at least 2 turnovers
- run the ball
- generate pressure with our front 4
- run the ball
- do not fall behind more than 7
- run the ball
- pray
- run the ball

You pray BB will be watching film instead

They were toying with the Ravens last night. Could have easily put up more than 40 on them.

Pats bring anything less than their A game and it will be a bigger beat down than last night was.

their run defense is bad

Untitled.jpg

in before someone replies that this shows Pats have gone against bad run defenses, keep in mind Pats had 217 against the lolphins and 250 against the raiders, so more than half their yards given up this year was because of the Pats running game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back