PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ways to improve a team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting 7 Pro Bowlers in 2013?

2013 Pro Bowl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down and it gives the number of pro bowlers by team. Maybe it's not accurate, I don't know.

Oh, you know what? I'm sorry, that was the 2013 pro bowl, which came in the winter of 2013. So it's LAST year's pro bowl. My bad.

I count four: Brady, Mankins, Talib, and Slater. Of that list, one is on there for ST prowess, two were drafted, and the other one is a trade. Not sure how his personnel prowess as a GM during FA has anything to do with that. In all of those Pro Bowl lists, there is one name that is a constant on there: Brady. So using that as a reason pretty much makes my point for me. A GOAT QB can do so much for a franchise in terms of winning year in and year out. It's the reason why the team went from being dreadful in 2000 to the team we see currently on this streak in 2014. The rest of their roster has some good to great ones sprinkled in here and there (Mankins, Gronk, Wilfork [formerly, anyway], Mayo, McCourty) as do a lot of NFL rosters. But I'm not sure how you can say that it's the deepest in the league and the sole reason why the team wins year in and year out, especially when you throw consistent roster turnover into the equation.

But regularly, NE has a lot of pro-bowlers. So their upper third of the roster is really, really good. It's not just Brady.

A decent read:

There are always teams that do next to nothing until the first wave has ended because they feel the second wave of players offers much better value. This is a good tactic and can work well because you’re getting more value for your money while still addressing your needs.

Teams will go into free agency with as many as three plans to accomplish their goals. The key is to be patient and not become a hostage to any position or player, unless he is truly special.

The offseason blueprint | National Football Post

I thought you were going to say 'sign everyone'

and then 'draft everyone'

New England may not have had a lot of named pro-bowlers last year, but if Gronk, Mayo, and Wilfork had been healthy, they all would have had a real good chance at making it. It's less about exact number of pro bowls (which is often a wonky selection process), but about pro-bowl caliber players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back