PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Way too early COTY rumblings?

BB, Vrabel, maybe Kingsbury if they win out when Kyler returns.

This article is more in depth, but taken with Rex Ryan talking about this being the best coaching Bill has done could we be seeing the first hints of COTY sentiments emerging?

Bill Belichick is using a recipe to rebuild the Patriots that has failed so many times before

It's not crazy talk but I think it will be tough. Kingsbury is up there, maybe Staley and definitely Vrabel especially seeing what they've done without Henry. McDermott too. BB could be in the top 5 if they make the playoffs. I think he'll be looked at more favorably for this award than he was in the past when he had Brady.

I know the Pats were close in both games but if they actually did beat the Cowboys and Bucs then the BB for COTY talk would be a lot louder than it is.

Last edited:
Yep. Probably comes down to who makes it deepest into the playoffs.

I think they vote on this before the playoffs conclude, so it's usually a regular season award (which is why Arians has won it twice).

McVay will get votes if the Stafford gambit pays off.

I don't know. BB spent $165 mil in the off-season. He's got real talent on this team to work with. The award usually goes to more of an up and comer - I would think Kingsbury gets it or McVay if the Rams end up with the #1 seed. If the Titans end up with the #1 seed after losing Henry, I can see Vrabel getting too.

In BBs favor though is the great season Mac is having as a rookie. If Mac gets ROTY then I think BB is in the mix for sure.

Last edited:
McVay will get votes if the Stafford gambit pays off.
Not doubting this will happen because people are stupid, but that's really more a testament to their GM.

I also don't think the Stafford gambit pays off once the real games begin.

I don't know. BB spent $165 mil in the off-season. He's got real talent on this team to work with. The award usually goes to more of an up and comer - I would think Kingsbury gets it or McVay if the Rams end up with the #1 seed. If the Titans end up with the #1 seed after losing Henry, I can see Vrabel getting too.

In BBs favor though is the great season Mac is having as a rookie. If Mac gets ROTY then I think BB is in the mix for sure.
Yet we keep being told this team isn’t all that good, not as talented than the opponents is a frequent refrain. We definitely don’t have superstars of OBJ magnitude. And some of our most talented players are underperforming, such as Agholor and Smith.

Belichick will need to win the division to have consideration. He should win it every year , but like Brady the voters will want someone new.

Probably won't be BB to win it...this season or ever again. But I could see the COTY trophy being named the Bill Belichick Trophy once he retires.

This article is more in depth, but taken with Rex Ryan talking about this being the best coaching Bill has done could we be seeing the first hints of COTY sentiments emerging?

Bill Belichick is using a recipe to rebuild the Patriots that has failed so many times before
BB......COTY
Judon......DPOTY
Mac....ROTY & SB MVP

Sounds Good GIF by Leroy Patterson

It's like the public forgot that Bill is a good coach because of last year where the Patriots limped to 7-9 while Brady won a Superbowl. Difference is that this year we have improved talent and an actual QB.

Obviously easier said that done. Because the Jets are still rebuilding. But it's not surprising to me that with actual talent Bill can win games without Brady.

Whether he wins COTY or not, is worth watching. The real fun is seeing all of the idiots like Rex, Felger and Dim Jim Murry start to change their narrative about BB losing it without Brady.

COTY is the biggest crock of **** I’ve ever seen in my life.

Maybe for all the years he didn't win it because he's, you know, Bill Belichick, this year will make sense to the voters.

Each coach should get a ballot, which asks them to list the three best coaches, in order, based on how prepared and well coached the team was as an opponent.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back